Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    well, the play call was stupid, but the throw 2 years behind the guy was middle school stuff...
    Well an accurate throw there was probably gonna be a pick six.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Well an accurate throw there was probably gonna be a pick six.
    touche'
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Halftime report is in from Charlotte.

Report says Matt Rhule is inept.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Halftime report is in from Charlotte.

Report says Matt Rhule is inept.
    you just insulted every inept person on the planet...

how can Tepper continue to watch this? it's so embarrassing...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

you just insulted every inept person on the planet...

how can Tepper continue to watch this? it's so embarrassing...
    Sadly he was quoted earlier this week as saying he's planning on sticking with Rhule for the '22 season. Crossing fingers very hard that was more inspiration for Matt to do something in the few games left as opposed to a hard truth, but I'm not optimistic.

It hurts a little every time I read this thread title.

I stopped watching at halftime. I see I didn't miss much. Well, I can see from the score that I missed literally nothing from the Panthers' side.

I stopped watching at halftime. I see I didn't miss much. Well, I can see from the score that I missed literally nothing from the Panthers' side.
    I played golf and didn’t miss missing it!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I doubt it will be up long so I'll also copy recent amendments to his Wiki page below.

Matthew Kenneth Rhule (born January 31, 1975) is an American football clown who is the head clown of the Carolina Panthers. He was formerly the head coach at Baylor University and Temple University.

Tepper ain't happy with Rhule...and he ain't happy with himself, for giving him such a long contract.

The 2021 Carolina Panthers got off to a promising 3-0 start, but after winning just two of their next 12 games, reports of discord and even "embarrassment" are starting to emerge.

According to The Athletic's Joseph Person, Panthers owner David Tepper feels a lot of regret about giving head coach Matt Rhule a massive contract when he was hired in 2020.
    I imagine that this same situation will show up for a few colleges and their insane 10 year contracts.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-pan...182422701.html

having arrived at the "state of the sinking feeling" yet again...i'm just amazed that the panthers and the richest owner in the NFL can suck as much as they do..

can't wait till next year's debacle...

having arrived at the "state of the sinking feeling" yet again...i'm just amazed that the panthers and the richest owner in the NFL can suck as much as they do..

can't wait till next year's debacle...
    Unlike in year's past when the Panthers sucked, I didn't watch a minute of yesterday's last game of the season. I didn't care, and I knew it would be a blowout. Knowing that Tepper is holding onto Rhule for next season is not making me optimistic.

Not the guy they need to send packing.

As reported by NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport on Tuesday morning, the team fired a trio of coaches off the heels of “Black Monday.” That now departed bunch includes special teams coordinator Chase Blackburn, offensive line coach Pat Meyer and defensive line coach Frank Okam.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panther...145241353.html

Say what?!
    Indianapolis Colts running backs coach Scottie Montgomery will interview with the Carolina Panthers for their offensive coordinator role, per Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colts-s...200223723.html

Ex Giants HC Ben McAdoo has been hired as the new OC.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panther...211923559.html

welcome to the dumpster fire, ben

O' Dear Domino Gods, I beseech thee.

A little over a week ago, it was Carolina Panthers head coach Matt Rhule that was reportedly keeping an eye on the University of Michigan job. Well, turns out they might be looking right back at him.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panther...050551431.html

Multiple teams have called the Carolina Panthers about a possible trade for Pro Bowl running back Christian McCaffrey, a league source confirmed.

While the Panthers aren't shopping McCaffrey, multiple league sources said they would consider if offered a first-round pick and another player without a big salary-cap number.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tian-mccaffrey

As much as I enjoy CMC, I only enjoy him when he's on the field, which ain't that often. This trade needs to happen.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tian-mccaffrey

As much as I enjoy CMC, I only enjoy him when he's on the field, which ain't that often. This trade needs to happen.
    So, I'm a big Seahawks fan who halfway watches the Panthers. I keep hearing that Russell has a foot out the door. I have decidedly mixed feelings about that.

But...

What about a blockbuster trade? CMC for RW3? Panthers sweeten the deal with some draft picks so Seattle isn't left without a QB.

Seahawks have a good to great WR corp. A top tier RB like CMC could really make Seattle a very attractive place for a promising young QB with solid hands for catching and a RB who can keep some pressure off the passing game while providing a quick outlet when there's pressure.

Use a few draft picks on the O line and that's a formidable side of the ball.

Russell is a very very smart and talented guy. If the Panthers can protect him, he could have four or more very solid years with him. He's a fantastic leader and great guy in the community. Clearly Carolina needs a huge reset in the QB department.

I don't know whether Seattle would want to put Russ in the NFC, but couldn't hurt to examine something like that.

What's the thoughts of Panthers fans?