Page 1788 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 78812881688173817781786178717881789179017981838188822882788 ... LastLast
Results 35,741 to 35,760 of 67675
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Sadly, no. Clemmons’ satisfaction with his ribeye was reward enough though.
    If your goal is to make me feel bad about the turkey stuff...it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If your goal is to make me feel bad about the turkey stuff...it's working.
    Nah. I wish good meals on everyone but my enemies. Seriously, ordering an expensive meal when you’re excited about the dish and having it turn out to be a dud is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Nah. I wish good meals on everyone but my enemies. Seriously, ordering an expensive meal when you’re excited about the dish and having it turn out to be a dud is no fun.
    Correct. I would also add that traveling for work with an expense account has changed what I consider to be a reasonable price for good food. I'm not sure this change has always been for the better. I was recently in a small airport in Florida and the only restaurant was a Chili's and I told my boss that I might go lick the bathroom floor instead. And that's not fair.

Correct. I would also add that traveling for work with an expense account has changed what I consider to be a reasonable price for good food. I'm not sure this change has always been for the better. I was recently in a small airport in Florida and the only restaurant was a Chili's and I told my boss that I might go lick the bathroom floor instead. And that's not fair.
    An adult I knew as a child was part of the team responsible for Chili’s meat queso. Same basic formula is on sonic chili dogs.

Even large airports...so many nights in the Charlotte airport with only a low rent Burger King for "food." When we can we travel with edible pre-made sandwiches...

"Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load stuff into a truck. " --Mitch Hedberg

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I accidentally signed up for two knit-a-longs this month. (And by accidentally, I mean that I forgot I had signed up for the first one when I signed up for the second one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I accidentally signed up for two knit-a-longs this month. (And by accidentally, I mean that I forgot I had signed up for the first one when I signed up for the second one.)
    Do you get to drink at these events?

Do you get to drink at these events?
    No, knit, and they are usually "go knit on your own time and compare progress". One of these two, though, has scheduled Zoom meeting times so we can all knit together. Granted, one can always consume whatever beverage one desires while knitting, but if one is doing a complicated lace pattern, it's not a good idea. Garter stitch? I can do that in the dark, so, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No, knit
    Once you think about it, this makes sense.

Once you think about it, this makes sense.
    You are aware of the legendary knitters thread?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Unaware.

A legendary knickers thread might go PPB real quick. Boxers vs briefs vs bikini vs ahem, "other" can become a hotly debated topic.
    Last edited by grad_devil; 03-05-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load stuff into a truck. " --Mitch Hedberg
    This would have been a tiny bit better if he drove over in a truck.

Unaware.

I am aware but it is BD's tale to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    A legendary knickers thread might go PPB real quick. Boxers vs briefs vs bikini vs ahem, other can become a hotly debated topic.
    Where do boxer-briefs fit into this discussion?

Where do boxer-briefs fit into this discussion?
    See. There you go. Trying to start a flame war.

I was afraid this might happen.

Live free or die.

Live free or die.
    Going commando?

Unaware.
    The Legen (wait for it) dary knitters thread, originally titled The Very Longest Thread, nicknamed Fred, and later officially renamed The Very Longest Fred Ever, in the Completely Pointless and Arbitrary Group on the knitters' website Ravelry now clocks in a 1,790,785 posts. When some posters in Fred announced that they couldn't keep up, Small Fred was started. Small Fred is now at post #55,575.

Unlike the LTE, I have not read every post in either of these threads. Although I check in from time to time to see what they are talking about. Today, in Fred, the discussion is focused on ordering seeds for summer gardens and in Small Fred, the difficulties of moving a roll-top desk when moving from one apartment building to another. Worthy topics. What Pop-Tarts are to the LTE, cake is to Fred.