Page 1156 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1566561056110611461154115511561157115811661206125616562156 ... LastLast
Results 23,101 to 23,120 of 67370
    Did they have VCRs back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    ... and we could take you to a Vermont Lake Monsters game.
    That is an awesome name for a team.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Dood... I used to live two blocks from that baseball stadium. I would pop into games all the time. The team was miserably bad, but it was always good fun.
    Did you go to UVM?

Sad news, DogPK passed away today after a brief illness. She had been with us a long time and will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sad news, DogPK passed away today after a brief illness. She had been with us a long time and will be missed.
    Sucks to lose a dog... So sorry!

-jk

Did you go to UVM?
    Nope. Juat after college looking for a place to land. Made it a year and a half before winters scared me away. Great town.

My condolences, OPK.

That's the worst. I don't even want to tell my stories of losing dogs. We don't have kids, and our dogs are our family. You have my condolences.

That's the worst. I don't even want to tell my stories of losing dogs. We don't have kids, and our dogs are our family. You have my condolences.
    I think having dogs is good for kids - hard lessons learned early...

Doesn’t make it easy, though.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I think having dogs is good for kids - hard lessons learned early...

Doesn’t make it easy, though.

-jk
    It's hard regardless of age.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Oh I’m so sorry to hear. 💔

Sorry to hear this OPK.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Nope. Juat after college looking for a place to land. Made it a year and a half before winters scared me away. Great town.
    My UVM kids love it. Coming from Boston, the winters don't bother them that much, but neither plan to stay after they finish school. Number 2 son loves the Lake Monsters and is a season ticket holder. Alas, Number 3 son will be applying to transfer after his sophomore year. He still wants to study things not offered at UVM, so he's taking his 3.85 GPA (got a B+ in poly sci) and trying again at schools that do offer everything. UVM has even cut the budget to their classics program for next year. I completely understand why, but it's not encouraging him to stay.

Sorry to hear about DogPK. Sending you my condolences, OPK.

My UVM kids love it. Coming from Boston, the winters don't bother them that much, but neither plan to stay after they finish school. Number 2 son loves the Lake Monsters and is a season ticket holder. Alas, Number 3 son will be applying to transfer after his sophomore year. He still wants to study things not offered at UVM, so he's taking his 3.85 GPA (got a B+ in poly sci) and trying again at schools that do offer everything. UVM has even cut the budget to their classics program for next year. I completely understand why, but it's not encouraging him to stay.
    Your kids seem far more academically focused than the students I met during my stay there. Kudos to you.

Your kids seem far more academically focused than the students I met during my stay there. Kudos to you.
    Nah - the credit goes to them. They just happen to be passionate about things that are academic in nature. The two at UVM very much prefer college to high school though, where they can take the courses that interest them and skip the ones that don't. It's a lot easier to get an A when you love the subject. The economics major lucked into the class that satisfied his literature requirement. He took early British literature and they read the Canterbury Tales. He got to bring in his knowledge of medieval guilds when writing his essay on that. OMG, I have a kid who got fascinated by medieval guilds and set out to learn a lot about them. I've got one that's off to get a master's degree at Maryland in Atmospheric and Oceanic Science with the ultimate goal of working at the National Hurricane Center. And the one at UVM that wants to transfer is studying classics and linguistics and wants to add archeology and history of pre-Columbian civilizations to that mix. I've got weird kids. ;-) But they are fun to talk to when you get them going on the stuff they care about.

Seconded.

My son got a haircut last week that he's very pleased with. That's all I gots.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Sorry to hear, OPK. Sending all the good vibes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Seconded.

My son got a haircut last week that he's very pleased with. That's all I gots.
    Kids at UVM when I was in Burlington were all about skiing, beer, and, uh, other relaxation techniques. I didn't see a lot of studying going on. Your kids sound grounded and focused. *high five*