Page 2197 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 119716972097214721872195219621972198219922072247229726973197 ... LastLast
Results 43,921 to 43,940 of 67416
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Snippers
    Tillamook +

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I did 9,000 push-ups today!
    Okay, CD. I think we all know you can do a lot of push-ups but I'm calling shenanigans on that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Tillamook +

I don’t want to find a hair in my ice cream, thanks, let alone an entire hair band!

Okay, CD. I think we all know you can do a lot of push-ups but I'm calling shenanigans on that claim.
    What?!?! I didn't post that! I did 5 hunnert. Just like every other day.

What?!?! I didn't post that! I did 5 hunnert. Just like every other day.
    Don't you get bored? I do 120-150 a day and even that is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I mean, he says he did 9,000 so he must really like them.

No. I did do a personal best 150 in 1 set today. 500. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don’t want to find a hair in my ice cream, thanks, let alone an entire hair band!
    I always had VH pegged as pre-hair band. Are they maybe proto-hair band? But everyone in the late seventies and early eighties had long hair. I figure “hair band” is more Like Ratt or Poison or Cinderella in the 90’s.

But who knows.

I always had VH pegged as pre-hair band. Are they maybe proto-hair band? But everyone in the late seventies and early eighties had long hair. I figure “hair band” is more Like Ratt or Poison or Cinderella in the 90’s.

But who knows.
    Oh, good question. I’ve always though of VH as o be of the original hair bands.

I don’t see VH listed in this Top 50 hair metal albums by Rolling Stone so maybe you’re right!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-greatest-hair-metal-albums-of-all-time-162362/black-n-blue-black-n-blue-1984-159404/

Oh, good question. I’ve always though of VH as o be of the original hair bands.

I don’t see VH listed in this Top 50 hair metal albums by Rolling Stone so maybe you’re right!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...l-time-162362/
    David Lee Roth's solo effort is there. As the owner of about a dozen albums on that list, VH likely escapes it because they had too much of their good stuff pre-81. Though 1984 was likely their Top 40/mainstream peak, none of the other bands can claim much of/ if any real success pre-'81. They appear to have time bound that list strictly to '81-'91.

And yes, I'm avoiding the Van Hagar debate.

David Lee Roth's solo effort is there. As the owner of about a dozen albums on that list, VH likely escapes it because they had too much of their good stuff pre-81. Though 1984 was likely their Top 40/mainstream peak, none of the other bands can claim much of/ if any real success pre-'81. They appear to have time bound that list strictly to '81-'91.

Okay, I may own more than a dozen on that list. And I'm curious how GN'R escapes this list given the timing.

Also, it should be noted, I bagged Alice Cooper's groceries on a couple occasions when I worked at the then Smitty's at Tatum and Shea just on the outskirts of Paradise Valley, AZ. It was the Scottsdale of its era.

Back to the ice cream . . .

I highly recommend the Tillamook ice cream sammiches. The mint chocolate and the mudslide ones. They are small, but they come four in a box, so . . .

Okay, I may own more than a dozen on that list. And I'm curious how GN'R escapes this list given the timing.

Also, it should be noted, I bagged Alice Cooper's groceries on a couple occasions when I worked at the then Smitty's at Tatum and Shea just on the outskirts of Paradise Valley, AZ. It was the Scottsdale of its era.
    Ignoring all else: what were in Alice cooper’s groceries?!?!

This is one of my favorite topics and one of my least popular opinions. Hair band music sucked. Not invariably. But hair band music was vacuous, soulless and only succeeded in being loud. It was bubble gum pop with a guitar riff. And yes I have on my Ken Tucker hat this morning why do you ask?

This is one of my favorite topics and one of my least popular opinions. Hair band music sucked. Not invariably. But hair band music was vacuous, soulless and only succeeded in being loud. It was bubble gum pop with a guitar riff. And yes I have on my Ken Tucker hat this morning why do you ask?
    You think Twisted Sister was soulless?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You think Twisted Sister was soulless?!?!?
    I have developed a taste for Motley Crue over time. There was a point in my life where I felt that Poison was kind of fun. And I would argue that Hysteria by Def Leppard was a legitimately great album. Otherwise I would suggest that Guns and Roses and Metallica sounded the death knell for hair bands because they offered all of the heavy guitar riffs with actual composition. Those two bands laid bare the emptiness of hair band music. That being said, we know that I'm afraid of you and if I need to include Twisted Sister in the above I will do so at your request.

I have developed a taste for Motley Crue over time. There was a point in my life where I felt that Poison was kind of fun. And I would argue that Hysteria by Def Leppard was a legitimately great album. Otherwise I would suggest that Guns and Roses and Metallica sounded the death knell for hair bands because they offered all of the heavy guitar riffs with actual composition. Those two bands laid bare the emptiness of hair band music. That being said, we know that I'm afraid of you and if I need to include Twisted Sister in the above I will do so at your request.
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Well done!
    I would like to borrow the pink gloves, not experience them.

I would like to borrow the pink gloves, not experience them.
    everlast.jpg