Page 1903 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 90314031803185318931901190219031904190519131953200324032903 ... LastLast
Results 38,041 to 38,060 of 67383
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Unless it’s an A-frame. Then it only stands that way.
    (mind blown gesture).

I’m going to be staring up at the stars pondering a few things tonight. Thanks for that.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    A year ago today I posted this on Facebook:

I get it, everyone is now splitting their days between coffee time and wine time. I drink tea. It's always tea time. Always. With apologies to Douglas Adams, I officially dub April 2020 "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul".

I was a bit short-sighted. Month? It's still tea time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

I get it, everyone is now splitting their days between coffee time and wine time. I drink tea. It's always tea time. Always. With apologies to Douglas Adams, I officially dub April 2020 "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul".

Yeah. Put me in the “this will last a month or two” camp. I’ve since read at least one historical account of a flu pandemic and realized out blithely uninformed I was.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah. Put me in the “this will last a month or two” camp. I’ve since read at least one historical account of a flu pandemic and realized out blithely uninformed I was.

OPK suggested that their might need to be a thread about the reopening. I think it is a useful conversation.

I switch to more iced tea in the summer. Had a pitcher last weekend. But, I still drink hot tea year round. Getting ready to take a break and make a big mug right now. My hands are cold.

Youtube be following me around. This just popped up in my recommended videos list...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Youtube be following me around. This just popped up in my recommended videos list...

We have the America's Test Kitchen cookbook. It is HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We have the America's Test Kitchen cookbook. It is HUGE!
    I discovered them during this pandemic. Really like the equipment reviews and have used them and Consumer Reports to update/upgrade several of my 25-30 year old kitchen items.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yeah it was already getting that way when I stopped going regularly about 15 years ago.
    Have you ever been to the Pawleys Island Tavern? Fantastic crab cakes and one of the coolest bar patios I've ever been to.
    Walked into and then immediately out of the PIT today to place a take-out lunch order. Love ‘em but they, uh, weren’t up to our personal pandemic standards.

SC has significantly eased restrictions though so it’s not like they were doing anything exceptional. Just not where we’re at.

I'm trying to figure out what is good enough and not good enough now that I've had the two shots.

I'm trying to figure out what is good enough and not good enough now that I've had the two shots.
    That’s my big question.

Let’s assume the following three things are true in the near future:

1. You have been fully vaccinated.
    2. Everyone that intends to get the shot has been fully vaccinated in your area, and Darwin or spread immunity will by necessity deal with those who chose to pass on the jab and take that risk.
    3. Spread is low in your area.

Can you act “normally?” And if not, what is the metric for which you are waiting?

That’s my big question.

Let’s assume the following three things are true in the near future:

1. You have been fully vaccinated.
    2. Everyone that intends to get the shot has been fully vaccinated in your area, and Darwin or spread immunity will by necessity deal with those who chose to pass on the jab and take that risk.
    3. Spread is low in your area.

Can you act “normally?” And if not, what is the metric for which you are waiting?
    Another challenge for the unvaccinated—- telling who’s vaccinated and who’s just livin life on the wild side.

Another challenge for the unvaccinated—- telling who’s vaccinated and who’s just livin life on the wild side.
    That’s why I have #2 in there — that everyone who wants it has gotten it. We should get to that point sometime this summer.

It seems to me that if you choose not to get the shot, you have little to complain about whether others in the room have or not.

Do we keep restrictions on those who have gotten jabs because some choose to run the jobless risk? Not in my book, but trying to see where that line is and why.

That’s why I have #2 in there — that everyone who wants it has gotten it. We should get to that point sometime this summer.

It seems to me that if you choose not to get the shot, you have little to complain about whether others in the room have or not.

Do we keep restrictions on those who have gotten jabs because some choose to run the jobless risk? Not in my book, but trying to see where that line is and why.
    I would commune inside with people who have been vaccinated but I would not commune inside with people who haven't. I have not eaten a meal inside since March of 2020. And I don't eat un the hotel room, so I have eaten in the sleet in Nashville and frozen my nuggets off in other cities. I have had both shots but I could still become infected, although with a milder form. But it would put me out of work so I am not chancing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would commune inside with people who have been vaccinated but I would not commune inside with people who haven't. I have not eaten a meal inside since March of 2020. And I don't eat un the hotel room, so I have eaten in the sleet in Nashville and frozen my nuggets off in other cities. I have had both shots but I could still become infected, although with a milder form. But it would put me out of work so I am not chancing it.
    So does that mean you will never eat in a restaurant again? Or is there a metric you are looking to, recognizing that we will never have 100% vaccination?

Not putting you on the spot, or saying there is a right or wrong answer. I just don’t see me giving up life because some selfish ignorant dumbasses refuse to acknowledge science, or letting the hospitality and restaurant industries wither away because of these morons. Let Darwin sort them out, or else if they all get it then we reach herd immunity that way.

But if not — I don’t see how my abstinence from such things is not effectively permanent. The virus likely will mutate and be with us for years.

So does that mean you will never eat in a restaurant again? Or is there a metric you are looking to, recognizing that we will never have 100% vaccination?

Not putting you on the spot, or saying there is a right or wrong answer. I just don’t see me giving up life because some selfish ignorant dumbasses refuse to acknowledge science, or letting the hospitality and restaurant industries wither away because of these morons. Let Darwin sort them out, or else if they all get it then we reach herd immunity that way.

But if not — I don’t see how my abstinence from such things is not effectively permanent. The virus likely will mutate and be with us for years.
    I don't feel like you're putting me on the spot. I think these are reasonable questions. There is a point at which we get to relative herd immunity. When we get to around 70% of the population vaccinated. Other things that could change my mind are better information surrounding covid deaths and hospitalizations for those who have been vaccinated. If those truly are 0 and this just becomes a cold for vaccinated folks, then I will feel differently. And the data does suggest that is correct. But I would like to see more information before I accept that as gospel. Also, it is the warm season so it is easier to eat outside now. Plus when my children get vaccinated that will also change the equation. Anything short of punching me right in the nose with a pink glove is completely above-board for me. I don't feel persecuted when someone questions or disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Anything short of punching me right in the nose with a pink glove is completely above-board for me.
    * Sets up a GoFundMe to ensure aimo has a pair of non-pink gloves.

* Sets up a GoFundMe to ensure aimo has a pair of non-pink gloves.
    1. Genius.
    2. If Aimo slugs me she doesn't care about my feelings.
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 04-02-2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Nervous fingers

Epic sushi platter and Godzilla versus Kong tonight. Making everyone in the house watch it.

Epic sushi platter and Godzilla versus Kong tonight. Making everyone in the house watch it.
    Are you sore with the pushup challenge?