Page 1784 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 78412841684173417741782178317841785178617941834188422842784 ... LastLast
Results 35,661 to 35,680 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    No one said anything but you could see the same look of quiet desperation in everyone’s eyes.
    I'm sorry, I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    On an escalator, I fear the crop dusting.
    Nice! Many years ago when Trump Tower first opened in NYC, friends of mine took their kids to the Big City and they played around inside Trump Tower...their wee kid, maybe five or so, managed to get her jacket sucked into the handrail mechanism, and she was lifted off the ground and ascended the escalator on the outside of the apparatus, up up and away! She was half way up (a loooong way) before they could catch up to her and haul her onto the correct side and yank free her jacket.
    Yokel tourists!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The first mouse I ever caught, I threw out the whole thing, too. I have dealt with them more and more living where I do (woods) and at my mom's house as well. I am much less squeamish in dealing with them. I won't go into details about this last less conventional way I dealt with Mighty Mouse who survived a trap across his neck for at least seven hours, but I will say it did not involve boxing gloves.
    that's why they only cost about a buck. Each Fall I buy the (mouse) Family Pack, one year I nabbed about 25 in my garage, I think they had a four room condo in my wood pile.

That she was like an escalator?
    No. Umm...revolving door.

I'm sorry, I laughed.
    Look, man. It’s low brow humor but it’s a universally dire situation that most of us have been in at one time or another. Compound that over 7 years of daily comtuting and people start to lose hope.

Look, man. It’s low brow humor but it’s a universally dire situation that most of us have been in at one time or another. Compound that over 7 years of daily comtuting and people start to lose hope.
    Comtuting was a nice choice.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I think they had a four room condo in my wood pile.
    I hope you are getting good rent for that condo!

I hope you are getting good rent for that condo!
    Every year I bring a portion of the outside woodpile into my basement wood box, and in so doing I almost always come across elaborate mouse nests...but I can't get a dime out of 'em...

I haven't seen a mouse in years. Too many cats around.
    I've thought about cats but don't want to deal with the litter box. Was hoping the cats on each side of my townhouse would be enough but they haven't been - or they are chasing them all my way.

The first mouse I ever caught, I threw out the whole thing, too. I have dealt with them more and more living where I do (woods) and at my mom's house as well. I am much less squeamish in dealing with them. I won't go into details about this last less conventional way I dealt with Mighty Mouse who survived a trap across his neck for at least seven hours, but I will say it did not involve boxing gloves.
    Had this issue a few years ago. Came home to find the trap inside the kitchen door flipped over. Was preparing to face the battle of getting rid of it using a gardening fork with a 3 foot handle. Turned over the trap to see no mouse. Back went the gardening fork. Closed the kitchen door to find the mouse, sans trap, behind the door. Back I go for the gardening fork. I flip the mouse into the middle of the garage, thinking I would have Nephew Alex or BiL Alan get rid of it the next day. Couldn't stand the thought of it out there so, using 3 flips with the gardening fork, I moved that critter out of the garage, to the street, and then into the arborvitae at the end of the street, where NA and BiLA had been getting rid of any prior dead mice. I just crossed my fingers that none of the neighbors were looking out their windows to see the crazy lady flipping a dead mouse at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I moved that critter out of the garage, to the street, and then into the arborvitae at the end of the street, where NA and BiLA had been getting rid of any prior dead mice. I just crossed my fingers that none of the neighbors were looking out their windows to see the crazy lady flipping a dead mouse at midnight.
    So, you have a dead mouse graveyard?

All this escalator talk reminds me of my favorite comedian, God rest his soul, Mitch Hedberg.

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    . Turned over the trap to see no mouse.
    Well, in my case, the trap was GONE. Had to hunt it down, thinking I would find a live mouse dragging a trap around by it's tail. Instead I found a live mouse with the trap across it's neck. No idea how it survived. I am probably offending animal lovers right now, but hey, I tried to end it quickly.

Well, in my case, the trap was GONE. Had to hunt it down, thinking I would find a live mouse dragging a trap around by it's tail. Instead I found a live mouse with the trap across it's neck. No idea how it survived. I am probably offending animal lovers right now, but hey, I tried to end it quickly.
    I love animals. They're delicious.

yeah, i've had chipmunks and squirrels drag the traps around, not ideal at all.

So, you have a dead mouse graveyard?
    I never went to check - I just assumed something came along and removed the dead ones. I am positive they are not buried underneath my Korean tombstone - it's in the back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, i've had chipmunks and squirrels drag the traps around, not ideal at all.
    How about a swamp ape? Ever had one of those in your trap?

How about a swamp ape? Ever had one of those in your trap?
    picture for reference?

picture for reference?
    88AB29E9-BD62-45DB-B75E-26F9D1E80674.jpg

Last seen with John Lithgow.

I was thinking more this . . .

homer.jpg