Page 1709 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 70912091609165916991707170817091710171117191759180922092709 ... LastLast
Results 34,161 to 34,180 of 67658
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Heh, good point.
    But my wife, as a moviegoer, is perpetually in need of convincing that she might enjoy something, so this is gonna be a tough sell. I will likely do much of the viewing on her behalf and then fill her in as we go.
    Ohmygod so you are the "other guy:?!?! She speaks highly of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I feel that way about the Bermuda Triangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Are you looking for nominations?
    Yeah, I feel like we've barely scratched the surface of topics.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, is she more of a reluctant moviegoers? Or a skeptical moviegoer?
    Reluctant, due to her skepticism..."I don't want to invest time or attention in this because I don't think I'll actually like it."
    To her credit, she is currently trying to give more things a chance...she recently watched 'Big' and 'Coming to America' for the first time (yes, seriously) and enjoyed both. I'm trying to broaden her horizons.

Ohmygod so you are the "other guy:?!?! She speaks highly of you.

Have there been advances in not spontaneously catching on fire that we don't know about? Now do we just avoid the Bermuda Triangle? What in the hell happened?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post

No rivalry here. I'm glad someone else gets to hear "You ain't doing that right" and "Ow! You're on my hair" from time to time.

Just to be clear - I was wondering about nominations for those that should spontaneously combust. But nominations for discussion topics works, too.

Just to be clear - I was wondering about nominations for those that should spontaneously combust. But nominations for discussion topics works, too.
    Not to be pedantic, but if you nominate them would it be spontaneous?

Not to be pedantic, but if you nominate them would it be spontaneous?
    It would for them - just not for those voting on the nominations.

It would for them - just not for those voting on the nominations.
    Oh. Cool.

Not to be pedantic . . .
    You new here?

I feel like no one talks about spontaneous human combustion any more.
    It happens sometimes people just explode.

/Plate of shrimp
    //Let's go do some crimes

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You new here?
    Does it help that I didn't mean it? It just sounded nicer than "Imma be pedantic as hell!"

Lol, well, I didn't want to say Jay B.

Lol, well, I didn't want to say Jay B.
    Sporks!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I feel like no one talks about spontaneous human combustion any more.
    You could always rewatch "This Is Spinal Tap".

The only movies you have to talk me into watching are movies with a lot of gory stuff, so, horror movies and war pictures. I've still never watched the first 15 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" and I had to fast forward through some of "Hacksaw Ridge". (I will never watch "Saw", don't even ask.) If it's not gory though, I'll watch anything. When a movie is really bad, I start getting all analytical as to why. (It's usually the script. You gotta tell a story. All the bells and whistles can be cool and fun, but watching stuff get blowed up good is not enough to sustain a movie. Tell a story. And if you have to blow stuff up to tell the story, go ahead and work your technical magic, but tell the story!)

I've never watched the first 15 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" because my younger brother told me I couldn't handle it. I've never known him to be wrong about what I can handle in movies. "Saving Private Ryan" without the first 15 minutes is a well acted movie with a merely average story to tell. "Shakespeare in Love" is a much better movie and deserved the Oscar. (I think I've voiced that particular opinion before around here.)

Cooking of meat belongs on the other thread but eating meat and things that make the eating of meat more enjoyable belong here. Welcome home. We've created a safe space for you.
    Actually, I was referring to the spicy food thread. I'm not one to get into discussions about grilling.

"Shakespeare in Love" is actually a backstage comedy pretending to be a love story. All the theater people I know love that movie. And it gets so much right about backstage life. And how inspiration works. It's brilliant.

Every tech week someone will panic, and someone else will say, "All will be well" and then someone cries, "How?" and then pretty much everybody says "It's a mystery!" in unison.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Actually, I was referring to the spicy food thread. I'm not one to get into discussions about grilling.
    I do all the cooking in our house because my wife works 60 hours a week and she hates to cook. I love to cook. I love to grill as well. I'm much better at cooking than I am at grilling.