Page 1569 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 56910691469151915591567156815691570157115791619166920692569 ... LastLast
Results 31,361 to 31,380 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Why did he choose a cat?
    A dog wouldn’t fit in the box?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    A dog wouldn’t fit in the box?
    That’s ruff.

34 degrees this morning! But sunny...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    My county has 7 day a week hazard stuff drop off. I guess that’s what I get for living in a way expensive place. -jk
    Oh boy do I love taking stuff to the dump! Husband-of-weezie has accused me of roaming the countryside looking for extra crap to load into the pickup truck. He often fails to recognize his own old flotsam. Sad result of having many acres of woods to hide stuff in. It's old tire drop off Saturday today!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

"The Dump" provides a genuinely cathartic experience...as someone noted, it's now the transfer station...insignificant factoid: our state literally has one genuine landfill, that's it...numerous transfer stations truck our stuff to that one site.

Years ago every town had its own genuine dump, but that proved to be not so good for the ground water.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh boy do I love taking stuff to the dump! Husband-of-weezie has accused me of roaming the countryside looking for extra crap to load into the pickup truck. He often fails to recognize his own old flotsam. Sad result of having many acres of woods to hide stuff in. It's old tire drop off Saturday today!
    I’m with you. I find the unloading way more satisfying than the getting of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    72F headed to 93F

77 degrees, 94% humidity. Talking myself out of a morning walk.

I’m with you. I find the unloading way more satisfying than the getting of stuff.
    Our dump's unloading environment (smell, slick footing, big trucks beside/behind you) robs most joy from the process.

Strawberry Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Strawberry Frosted
    Frickin nummers, dude.

Pumpkin season is here. In force.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Pumpkin season is here. In force.
    I love pumpkin season!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Maybe because I don't drink coffee so pumpkin spice lattes mean nothing to me.

I'm fairly certain that the bigger cities around here do similarly. Unfortunately, I live in an unincorportaed part of the county so cannot partake. My taxes are considerably lower...so I guess the potentially toxic clutter* is the price I have to pay.

*definite hyperbole
    Yea, in the rural county in which I live, the "hazardous waste disposal" day is done on a regional basis, where the residents of several towns can dispose of their "stuff" at one central location. It is usually very well run and organized.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    45 degrees at our house this morning. Had to turn on the heat for the first time when I went downstairs to make breakfast. Ugh. Fall is in the air and some of the leaves are beginning to turn on the older maple trees!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    To misquote Bill Clinton, Weezie, I feel your "pleasure" ! I love going to the "dump" too - oops, I mean the "transfer station". Just got back from my Saturday morning trip, in fact. Not too much stuff today - we also have a commercial trash pick-up on Thursday mornings - if I remember to put the trash out in the trash shed. We live on an old dairy farm, with a large dairy barn across the street from our house. The barn is a very convenient receptacle for all the "junk" - old TV's, computers, car tires, furniture, etc. - that we no longer want in the house. One of my wife's most frequent refrains is: "Just take it down to the barn". Then, once a year or every couple of years, we get a large, 15 cubic yard construction dumpster and then go through the barn and throw all the "true junk" into the dumpster and have the dumpster company haul it all away. It is always amazing to me how much unwanted "stuff" you can accumulate over the years - I guess this is what some people might call a "first world problem".

Alexander grass
    Crab grass
    Dallis grass
    Dandelion
    Oxalis, buttercup
    Oxalis, creeping
    Spotted Spurge
    Spurge

This is what I get for not paying much attention to the yard other than to mow.

Like Eminem, I cleaned out my closet.

Alexander grass
    Crab grass
    Dallis grass
    Dandelion
    Oxalis, buttercup
    Oxalis, creeping
    Spotted Spurge
    Spurge

This is what I get for not paying much attention to the yard other than to mow.
    How much do you care? I go back and forth on how much I care if my yard is weedy.