Page 1561 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 56110611461151115511559156015611562156315711611166120612561 ... LastLast
Results 31,201 to 31,220 of 67370
    Or the bar/grill in the basement (forget the name of it)

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The DU! (Down Under)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The DU! (Down Under)
    Thanks, that's it!

The DU! (Down Under)
    Sophomore year, our room had a window out on top of the portico - so a small-group, shared balcony. This was before rules were invented.

Gilbert_Addoms_B2_500px.jpg

The DU! (Down Under)
    Thanks, that's it!
    I thought the DU was in the basement of Page. So what was that called?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I thought the DU was in the basement of Page. So what was that called?
    Never mind - google was my friend. We discussed this in 2016 - this was The Hideaway.

I didn’t slide away to the Hideaway very often.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Sophomore year, our room had a window out on top of the portico - so a small-group, shared balcony. This was before rules were invented.

Gilbert_Addoms_B2_500px.jpg
    That looks like pre-oval driveway. FWIW, we used to do PT in front of G-A. What a pain when I lived on West.

1) I'm glad that gender reveal parties became a thing after I was done having children.
    2) I have never attended a gender reveal party.
    3) I only found out ahead of time for the last one because I wanted to get over the disappointment of never having a daughter before he was born.
    4) I wouldn't trade any of my sons for anybody, but, the biggest regret of my life is that I don't have a daughter.
    5) Gender reveal parties have killed people and done a "wanker"-ton of damage, it's time to stop the madness.
    6) Wankerton should enter the LTE lexicon.

The gender reveal party (ack, spare me) turned out to be an intelligence reveal party, and the answer was a very, very low one.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Captain Phillips lives five houses away from me, drop by today for The Derby and we can go knock on his door...(he's got a shiny new boat, but I'm not going on it).
    I didn't find Captain Phillips to watch. I did find a documentary that covered the story from the crew's side. Apparently, there was a crew member that should have gotten a lot credit for how the situation was handled. Not sure if his actions were covered in the movie or not.

Same here - never been to one (nor invited). We followed my parents' model of picking a name for each gender. Not a critique, but can honestly say we found our approach completely fulfilling.

There was no problem that needed solving. With the exception of gifts - our kids pretty much wore all the same clothes anyway.

While you're eliminating gender reveal parties, could you get rid of "influencers" at the same time? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TomJoad View Post
    While you're eliminating gender reveal parties, could you get rid of "influencers" at the same time? Thank you.
    I'll agree with this. I haven't figured out the reason they exist. Then again, I'm old.

Fun times this weekend. Sister Sue and I went to Grinter Farms to see the sunflowers and sunset on Sunday evening. Got some great pictures - need to go through them and pick some to share on FB. On Monday, we went kayaking on Lake Pomona - saw several herons and 7 egrets. Fun couple of hours on the lake.

Is DBR social media?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is DBR social media?
    Nah. We're just sociable members of a board.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is DBR social media?
    I'm trying to be sociable - through modern media. But I have my shortcomings.

My tirade against the gender reveal was brought on by the stories that yet another gender reveal fiasco has led to a wildfire doing mult-million dollars worth of damage. People - it has happened before!!!!!!!!! (Preventative measures for these things were actually on the books in more than one state but they were removed due to pressure from a certain group that shall remain nameless because it will get into PPB material.)