Page 202 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1021521922002012022032042122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    BD thought I'd look good in a miniskirt and white go-go boots. I'll pass on that one. Maybe a Duke polo and khakis.
    Where is your sense of adventure? Sheesh!

BD thought I'd look good in a miniskirt and white go-go boots. I'll pass on that one. Maybe a Duke polo and khakis.
    Only if you wear chaps over the khakis. Leather will be a part of the band!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    No, no, I said you'd look adorable in HOT PANTS and go-go boots.

Amazing, isnt' it
    You have now passed BB and climbed into 5th place!

Good thing Security doesn't have to wear anything like that. Now, if you are part of the band you have to play the part.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good thing Security doesn't have to wear anything like that. Now, if you are part of the band you have to play the part.
    Security shall dress like secret agents. I like sunglasses and ear pieces and they'll make us look important. You are also permitted to carry a piece.

I'm watching Carolina football, ugggghhh. Oh wait, they are losing to my sister's alma mater. Hey, this isn't so bad.

I'm watching Carolina football, ugggghhh. Oh wait, they are losing to my sister's alma mater. Hey, this isn't so bad.
    I'm watching McCain talk about stuff. He's being interviewed by Judy Woodruff and Rick Stengel. I think Obama might be lurking around somewhere.

I thought they had declared today non-political day. Or was that only when they were in NYC?

I thought they had declared today non-political day. Or was that only when they were in NYC?
    They did declare today something like non-political day. This session with McCain is more like talk nice day. When McCain finishes, Obama will get his turn.

I prefer non-political days...

Did someone slip me a mickey or am I seeing the "politics" word in the LTE?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Did someone slip me a mickey or am I seeing the "politics" word in the LTE?
    Never use that word in this thread.

Hmmm... what other topics are banned from this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Never use that word in this thread.

Hmmm... what other topics are banned from this thread?
    Religion, Money, Sociology, Banning, Moderating... What else should you refrain from speaking of whilst drinking heavily?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    You're never too late on the LTE.

So far we've got:
    Me on the bass
    Bostondevil on piano
    DukieinKansas on the handbells
    Lavabe on the reeds
    DevilAlumna can play piano and sing, and a bit of the violin

YmoBeThere has no rhythm and has not mentioned singing abilities. So I'm thinking roadie.

Can you step in and play the tenor recorder? That sounds pretty awesome. You could also hook up on handbells, that might be sweet to have double the handbell.

Sure, and I also sing (alto) - but not while playing the tenor recorder. That would be a bit tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handbell!

I got to have more handbell!
    Good one! I quoted that particular SNL skit in handbell practice at my old church whenever the director requested more (pick a note). I finally had to find it on video to show the rest of the group because the director didn't get the joke. After that, he started requesting "more cowbell".

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I will try - but I discovered with the alien head egg shaker doohickey (sp?), I can't always sing and play a rhythm instrument at the same time.
    That's okay; I can't chew gum and play the piano at the same time.

You have set me off on my first attempt at PWing. I'm procrastinating on typing minutes from a finance meeting to try to get over 100 posts.
    I can truly sympathize. In a former life I was faculty assembly secretary. If there's anything worse than sitting through faculty assembly, it's listening to a tape recording of said meeting to make sure that your minutes are accurate.

I'm not sure about the special purpose, but I do have my lamp. (If I'm remembering things correctly. I'm really bad at movies.)
    One of my favorite Far Side cartoons is an obscure one which shows a picture of a guy removing an oddly-shaped object from beneath a couch cushion. The caption is, "Edgar finds his purpose." Bizarre but funny.