Page 2742 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 17422242264226922732274027412742274327442752279228423242 ... LastLast
Results 54,821 to 54,840 of 67416
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback!

Yeah, the biggest consideration is the “bird in hand”. My position is fully remote and I’ve established a nice working relationship with my manager. Things are good. I have 0 loyalty to the corporate entity for reasons everyone has described but situationally things are good.

New gig is fully remote. Boss seems nice but you never know. Different industry, 30+% bump in guaranteed comp.

The money matters but not as much as it used to. We’re doing fine and I get lots of QT with my kiddos, which I want to preserve. Everyone at new company has assured me this won’t be a problem but you obviously never know.
    I have entered the negotiation phase. I had 3 hours worth of conversation over the last 3 days w/ the new prospective manager (all this after the offer was made) to try to get to know her and understand the position in more detail. Looks like the most unexpected job change of my career is likely to happen. Every other change has been at my instigation...I hadn't even been looking or really thinking about it.

Feel guilty about letting current manager know but that's really about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Do you know what I hated about the Chick-fil-A cow advertising thing? I was okay with the fact that when the cows first started writing stuff it was all phonetically based and rife with misspellings. But over time shouldn't they have gotten better and more advanced? That always bugged me.
    It didn't bother you that cows don't have hands? You figured they were just really good at writing with their teeth, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It didn't bother you that cows don't have hands? You figured they were just really good at writing with their teeth, maybe?
    Really, not having hands is only hoof the battle
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I have entered the negotiation phase. I had 3 hours worth of conversation over the last 3 days w/ the new prospective manager (all this after the offer was made) to try to get to know her and understand the position in more detail. Looks like the most unexpected job change of my career is likely to happen. Every other change has been at my instigation...I hadn't even been looking or really thinking about it.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you on a personal, professional and financial level.
    Rich

No. Just the spelling thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Really, not having hands is only hoof the battle
    Cud it out!

Let us know the current manager's reaction.

No. Just the spelling thing.
    It would've been way more believable if they just used monkeys. Then again, why would monkeys want people to eat chickens?
    Rich

It would've been way more believable if they just used monkeys
    How could a cow have picked up a monkey and drawn with them?

How could a cow have picked up a monkey and drawn with them?
    Is that a rhetorical question? Would it matter if it's a monkey in a spacesuit?

796d8ad768833592c9501d950f3d6559_jpg.jpg
    Rich

It would've been way more believable if they just used monkeys. Then again, why would monkeys want people to eat chickens?
    So, we stop eating all their bananas. Duh.

Sadly, I cannot find the article, but a number of years back, there was a traffic jam on the Raleigh beltline b/c a Chick-fil-a cow was advertising on the pedestrian bridge causing a major distraction. The footage of the cow slumping off the bridge followed by cops was hilarious! I really wish I could find it to share.

Do you know what I hated about the Chick-fil-A cow advertising thing? I was okay with the fact that when the cows first started writing stuff it was all phonetically based and rife with misspellings. But over time shouldn't they have gotten better and more advanced? That always bugged me.
    It always bugged me that, over time (a LOT of time), their marketing people never got better and more advanced in coming up with a funny ad campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    It always bugged me that, over time (a LOT of time), their marketing people never got better and more advanced in coming up with a funny ad campaign.
    I had a buddy say to me that he thought perhaps the people who most enjoyed that ad campaign didn't recognize the misspellings. That may have been both mean-spirited and correct.

I had a buddy say to me that he thought perhaps the people who most enjoyed that ad campaign didn't recognize the misspellings. That may have been both mean-spirited and correct.
    Hillbillyist.

How many times did you check this post for misspellings?

How many times did you check this post for misspellings?
    All. All the times. Including after I read your response. Twice.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am consistently scoring Genius at Spelling Bee now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am consistently scoring Genius at Spelling Bee now.
    Is that an online game like Wordle? Or are you challenging random 12/13 year olds to spelling contests?

Is that an online game like Wordle? Or are you challenging random 12/13 year olds to spelling contests?
    I like how you could have just picked an age but you went with the front slash!