Page 2252 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 125217522152220222422250225122522253225422622302235227523252 ... LastLast
Results 45,021 to 45,040 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Lest anyone feel left out - I know there are many of us that count as being there from the beginning - I only looked at the first 3 pages. My list is NOT comprehensive, merely a sample.
    I know. I was really just curious as to when I first posted and how many pages we had in the first 24 hours (8+).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yes. And an Arkie sighting with a Pop Tart post is {chef’s kiss} perfect.
    Thanks for the shout-out. I was here in the early days and remember the origins of the thread. I knew there would be interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Thanks for the shout-out. I was here in the early days and remember the origins of the thread. I knew there would be interest.
    I was a late joiner.

yet another irrelevant tidbit from me: friends who live near me are hosting a 16 year old kid from Barcelona for the school year, and having never touched an American football, he thought he'd try playing football this year. He went to tryouts and made the varsity (the level of play around here is pretty bad, mind you)...If he gets to play it could be a pretty good story...very enjoyable kid to be around, plus he really likes my dog.

Never once have I shouted "Get in the hole!" at a PGA tour event. (I've been to 3.)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Never once have I shouted "Get in the hole!" at a PGA tour event. (I've been to 3.)
    You must be the only person.

What an obnoxious trend.

The only person yelling "get in the hole" when I hit a ball is me, and it never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You must be the only person.

What an obnoxious trend.

The only person yelling "get in the hole" when I hit a ball is me, and it never works.
    I like do yell it at golfers when they’re not golfing. Like when they’re trying to take a bit of a burger or something

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I like do yell it at golfers when they’re not golfing. Like when they’re trying to take a bit of a burger or something
    This made me snarf.

I shall embrace this trend. Only won't limit it to golfers.

Next time I'm in a public restroom...

This made me snarf.

I shall embrace this trend. Only won't limit it to golfers.

Next time I'm in a public restroom...
    As a self-affirmation?

As a self-affirmation?
    Or encouragement to those who need it.

Or encouragement to those who need it.
    It’s really a versatile expression!

It’s really a versatile expression!
    You should be using it soon for the toddler in your household.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wait. Do I need to apologize?
    For what? New recruits are always welcome, even if they don't eat PopTarts.

For what? New recruits are always welcome, even if they don't eat PopTarts.
    Being overly familiar and annoyingly chatty.

Lest anyone feel left out - I know there are many of us that count as being there from the beginning - I only looked at the first 3 pages. My list is NOT comprehensive, merely a sample.
    I was around that far back - I was around during the old format - I just didn't have much to add to the conversation. I guess I have more time on my hands. Plus, Cdevil just needs to be put in his place every once in a while.

It's a little bit crazy to consider my life's twists and turns since this thread started. When BD first pulled the trigger in December 2007, I was happily back in Atlanta after a two-year stint doing a MA at East Carolina. I had started a PhD at Emory, was reconnecting with friends & family and very happy to be back in my hometown, and although I was poor, I was generally happy. I wasn’t yet aware of some of the deep and tenacious unhappiness that would eventually take hold of me, nor of the eventual clarity that would come from wrestling with that unhappiness and working to figure out what to do about it.
    Now almost 14 years later, I know more than ever that Atlanta is home, and that the aforementioned friends & family are everything. I'm not rich, but not poor anymore either. I now live like 3/4 of a mile as the crow flies from where I was living in Fall 2007, but now I own the house with the wife who I thought at the time might never exist. In the intervening years, I've met at least 10 or 12 LTE people in fleshspace, and of course the years between age 25 and age 39 have brought to me personal evolutions that are hard to articulate or put my finger on. For almost 14 years, a lot of things have changed continually, but somewhat weirdly, this thread continues to be a through line I keep returning to for camaraderie and conversation about everything and nothing. I still love Duke, but I barely watch Duke sports anymore; that's just one of my numerous priorities that have really shifted during this thread's existence. I now spend my time and earn my living educating children who are younger than this thread, and here I am, back again. I don't reckon I'll ever stop coming here, unless and until DBR turns out the lights someday.
    I never did finish that PhD.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I was around that far back - I was around during the old format - I just didn't have much to add to the conversation. I guess I have more time on my hands. Plus, Cdevil just needs to be put in his place every once in a while.
    I was around for the old format. It simply took awhile for me to recognize and embrace the beauty of the LTE.

I was around for the old format. It simply took awhile for me to recognize and embrace the beauty of the LTE.
    I remember entering verification codes from Wannamaker and Few Quad.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Plus, Cdevil just needs to be put in his place every once in a while.
    You have the requisite skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's a little bit crazy to consider my life's twists and turns since this thread started. When BD first pulled the trigger in December 2007, I was happily back in Atlanta after a two-year stint doing a MA at East Carolina. I had started a PhD at Emory, was reconnecting with friends & family and very happy to be back in my hometown, and although I was poor, I was generally happy. I wasn’t yet aware of some of the deep and tenacious unhappiness that would eventually take hold of me, nor of the eventual clarity that would come from wrestling with that unhappiness and working to figure out what to do about it.
    Now almost 14 years later, I know more than ever that Atlanta is home, and that the aforementioned friends & family are everything. I'm not rich, but not poor anymore either. I now live like 3/4 of a mile as the crow flies from where I was living in Fall 2007, but now I own the house with the wife who I thought at the time might never exist. In the intervening years, I've met at least 10 or 12 LTE people in fleshspace, and of course the years between age 25 and age 39 have brought to me personal evolutions that are hard to articulate or put my finger on. For almost 14 years, a lot of things have changed continually, but somewhat weirdly, this thread continues to be a through line I keep returning to for camaraderie and conversation about everything and nothing. I still love Duke, but I barely watch Duke sports anymore; that's just one of my numerous priorities that have really shifted during this thread's existence. I now spend my time and earn my living educating children who are younger than this thread, and here I am, back again. I don't reckon I'll ever stop coming here, unless and until DBR turns out the lights someday.
    I never did finish that PhD.
    Although we haven't met in fleshspace, we have talked on the phone. Your mother probably thought the women calling you were nuts but it was fun to talk. I can't speak for CathyCA, TillyGalore, or DukePA - but I am slightly on the nutty side. That's what happens when CTN Babes go to the beach.

I still can't believe I flew into RDU and went to the beach with three women I had never met in real life before. It was a fun weekend. Plus I got to meet a few other DBR folks on the same trip.