Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Didn't Lilly finish the Gov off, just like he did her daughter?

OK I can now finally read this thread, as I just finished watching all the episodes from this season that have been clogging up our DVR for the past several months.

First, some background:
    - My wife got me into watching this show, and I really, really enjoyed season 1. Totally desolate cities, abandoned interstates, the journey to the CDC, a sense of mission - good stuff.
    - Then season 2 came, and maybe if I rewatched it now or had set my expectations appropriately I'd feel differently about it. But I felt like that sense of mission and purpose (having some sort of goal/vision/endgame for the group) disappeared. I kept expecting them to leave the farm and get back to the highway and back on the road again - but they never did. They just stayed at that farmhouse the whole season.
    - And then season 3, which had great promise for awhile, but eventually lost my interest by the end. I just couldn't believe the actions of some of the characters. OK, I get that now we see the Governor is a complete psychopath, but why on earth would all the others who had grouped up with him think it's a good idea to murder a whole squad of National Guard troops w/ gear, weapons, training, etc? What does that accomplish and why did all the Guv's lackeys seem to take satisfaction in it? Bizarre.

And in general, it seems like many times characters (whether our main group or other people we've come across) have the ability to survive pretty well but somehow always manage to fail. Is that just a plot device I'm supposed to buy into and let my belief be suspended? I suppose so, but the number of times my wife and I have said to each other "why don't they just X, cause that would make a lot of sense" is quite a large number. Except for the giant herd factor, these zombies should not pose that big of a threat. They're pretty defeatable in small numbers. And even in large numbers, a disciplined group should cut through that. (which makes you wonder how the zombie apocalypse ever really took off in the first place, but I digress...)

So that leads me to the whole thing about the prison and the fence. There should NEVER have been any groups of zombies just standing there banging on the fence. I know they threw us a couple scenes showing people stabbing them through the fence, but with the numbers the prison group had, that should just be a constant on-going job. I know it would be boring, and obviously would make the show a lot less exciting, but in reality a couple people in shifts should have just been on full-time "poke them through the fence" duty. Problem solved.
    - 2 people x walker every 15 seconds x 8 hours a day = 3,840 zombies killed a day =)

Finally, why did all of the Guv's new camp seem so eager to rush in and fight after he killed Herschel? I mean, once that tank plowed through the fence, my first thought was "uhhh, the whole premise of them being there was so that they could take over and have a safe location with fences to protect them". I'm not sure why all the random camp people all of a sudden became bloodthirsty killers who just want to fight for fighting's sake and take over a worthless site. Not one of them was like "Woah, Guv, wtf dude? I didn't sign up for this... I'm out".

Anyway, overall it's an interesting and usually exciting zombie show, but I guess I'm one of those audience members who just can't buy into what we're supposed to swallow a lot of the time, and thus have a hard time realizing my maximum enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Finally, why did all of the Guv's new camp seem so eager to rush in and fight after he killed Herschel? I mean, once that tank plowed through the fence, my first thought was "uhhh, the whole premise of them being there was so that they could take over and have a safe location with fences to protect them". I'm not sure why all the random camp people all of a sudden became bloodthirsty killers who just want to fight for fighting's sake and take over a worthless site. Not one of them was like "Woah, Guv, wtf dude? I didn't sign up for this... I'm out".

Anyway, overall it's an interesting and usually exciting zombie show, but I guess I'm one of those audience members who just can't buy into what we're supposed to swallow a lot of the time, and thus have a hard time realizing my maximum enjoyment.
    Yeah, I thought the whole premise of taking over the prison was kind of weak. They tried to play it off as a "kill or be killed" choice for the governor's group, but sending children off to die just so you can have a new place to live seems harsh. A few of my head scratchers:
    - So the Guv cuts of Herschel's head, but then everyone just lets Michonne get away? She was kneeling RIGHT NEXT to Herschel. You'd think someone would have shot her.
    - Interesting that Rick was hiding behind the bus, but the group seems to miss him as they walk right by.
    - Not sure why you tear down the fence with the tank. The whole point of this was to get a place to live and as Rick said "Without the fence this place is useless." I can buy it is because the Guv is a psychopath, but I figured the rest of his camp would have had a little more sense.
    - I thought it was Maggie that shot the Guv there at the end for killing her dad. If it was the mother of the little girl, I could see her deciding to try and save him instead (the gunshot off camera being her shooting a walker). Although how he could survive a kitana to the heart with no surgery will be interesting to write off. I hope they let the Governor stay dead. His story arc should have run its course by now.
    - Was one of the zombies we saw at the end Lori?
    "There can BE only one."

I think my biggest complaint about the whole show is that everytime they go into town the grass is always cut. Who is cutting all of the grass in a zombie apocalypse?!

i saw the jean luc picard meme on that…..funny
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I think my biggest complaint about the whole show is that everytime they go into town the grass is always cut. Who is cutting all of the grass in a zombie apocalypse?!
    I think it's shortsighted to think simply being undead means one doesn't put in the effort for proper lawn care.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Yeah, I thought the whole premise of taking over the prison was kind of weak. They tried to play it off as a "kill or be killed" choice for the governor's group, but sending children off to die just so you can have a new place to live seems harsh. A few of my head scratchers:
    - So the Guv cuts of Herschel's head, but then everyone just lets Michonne get away? She was kneeling RIGHT NEXT to Herschel. You'd think someone would have shot her.
    - Interesting that Rick was hiding behind the bus, but the group seems to miss him as they walk right by.
    - Not sure why you tear down the fence with the tank. The whole point of this was to get a place to live and as Rick said "Without the fence this place is useless." I can buy it is because the Guv is a psychopath, but I figured the rest of his camp would have had a little more sense.
    - I thought it was Maggie that shot the Guv there at the end for killing her dad. If it was the mother of the little girl, I could see her deciding to try and save him instead (the gunshot off camera being her shooting a walker). Although how he could survive a kitana to the heart with no surgery will be interesting to write off. I hope they let the Governor stay dead. His story arc should have run its course by now.
    Unfortunately, it was the mother of the little girl. Apparently that's who kills him in the comics and they wanted to keep it the same way.

Unfortunately, it was the mother of the little girl. Apparently that's who kills him in the comics and they wanted to keep it the same way.
    The creator of the Walking Dead talked about this in the last Talking Dead episode. They changed it slightly from the comics in that on TV Michonne impaled the Governor first, where as in the comics that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    She was completely eaten by a zombie in the prison after Carl shot her. The zombie was bloated, sitting against a wall, and you could see hair coming out of the zombie's mouth.

I think the zombie you saw was Clara, the woman Rick discovered in the woods that tried to kill him but ended up killing herself. That was also talked about on the Talking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCrow View Post
    The creator of the Walking Dead talked about this in the last Talking Dead episode. They changed it slightly from the comics in that on TV Michonne impaled the Governor first, where as in the comics that wasn't the case.
    In the comics michonne cuts out the gov's eye and cuts off his arm, testicles, and iirc, his leg. I guess her impaling him in the show was the best they could do on cable.

wait….they've shown the most gross, gory stuff imaginable………how could they not show that?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Well it's back. I was slightly hoping that Carl would have bit the dust, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

i was a little worried about rick for a minute...

so, i was right in predicting that the baby was ok, and that carol would be back…….seems like they are setting it up for a big reunion somewhere down the road…

I had forgotten that they were just about to inform tyreese about carol when the Gov and his mob showed up….carol lied about how she missed coming back to the prison to see if tyreese had been told of her transgressions…

Lizzie is messed up…..she's gonna be an episode herself soon….

I'm really not a Carol fan, and Lizzie has just lost it.

Not a WD watcher but wow, True Detective has been something else!!!
    Anybody care to start a thread?

I thought last night's episode was pretty good. Raised some serious questions. Does the "scientist" actually know what caused it all? Were they seriously on the phone with Washington? If so, how much of Washington still left? And for that matter how many people are left?

I thought last night's episode was pretty good. Raised some serious questions. Does the "scientist" actually know what caused it all? Were they seriously on the phone with Washington? If so, how much of Washington still left? And for that matter how many people are left?
    No, something is clearly afoot as far as I'm concerned. At the same time, its almost too obvious that its a setup for something else, so I wouldn't entirely rule it out as a possibility. I'm also highly suspicious of the "Sanctuary."

Am I right in assuming that we don't have to do spoiler disclaimers in every post this for this thread?

any scientist with such a mullet needs to be look at with at least some wariness.
    And since "the guys in DC" don't answer the radio any more, it's not clear what Dr. Mullet
    would do once he got there...

what's the over/under on Lizzie shooting tyrese in the face when he finds out about Carol, then attacks her?