Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It's not your eyes, this board downsamples all of the images tzhat you attach so they appear really small/blurry. But yeah, I think you got all the players right. I was surprised how much bigger Carey is than Robinson, who is listed at 6'10.
    may just be an opical illusion as JRob is standing behind and the camera is probably held at a normal persons shoulder height and tilted slightly upward.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Not knowing what the freshmen will really bring to the table, I’d say keys to the season for returning players are:

Tre- fully healthy, and a consistent 3 point shot
    Jack- return to playing like he did early last season consistently
    Javin- reduce rate of fouls
    Alex- play with the confidence that you belong out there, be a scoring threat, and play better defense
    Goldwire- continue to be a defensive menace
    What about Joey?

@DukeMBB has posted a few more photos...faces to add to the list include Dennard, Battier, Okafor, Hairston, Love and Dawkins. I guess they added golf to the agenda some time ago because Shane and Reggie appear to be on the links.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Not knowing what the freshmen will really bring to the table, I’d say keys to the season for returning players are:

Tre- fully healthy, and a consistent 3 point shot
    Jack- return to playing like he did early last season consistently
    Javin- reduce rate of fouls
    Alex- play with the confidence that you belong out there, be a scoring threat, and play better defense
    Goldwire- continue to be a defensive menace
    I would add for all of them: Hit free throws.

Painful NCAA losses, most recently this year, spur this addition.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yeah, Coach K's offseason expectations / comments about the upcoming team should mostly be ignored unless you're looking for comedy. Truly, when looking back, they are sometimes funnier than actual, intentional parody.

Remember when this past season's team was supposed to play a "5-out offense"? How many teams in Duke history were worse shooting or more ill-suited to play 5-out?
    I think it's more about setting expectations, either as intimidation or redirection for the other guys to figure out.

He did go to Army, after all...

-jk

I read somewhere that Luke Kennard’s father was a participant this year. That’s a fun and unique father-son activity!

can the public view practice

I have some friends swinging by Duke on Saturday to visit campus and see Cameron as part of a road trip. Can the public view any of the camp practices? thanks...

They’ve posted a series of interviews between an incoming player and a past player from a similar position. The latest is Hurt and Winslow. Really cool stuff that continues to emplasize the Brotherhood.

And is it just me or does Hurt look like John Mayer?
    137378D2-7564-426D-86FF-9977A192D01E.jpg

000AAA71-F10C-41AA-8320-515D34D7D677.jpg

They’ve posted a series of interviews between an incoming player and a past player from a similar position. The latest is Hurt and Winslow. Really cool stuff that continues to emplasize the Brotherhood.

It's not just you.

FYI, these interviews can be found @DukeMBB on Twitter. Looking at Jah next to Vernon, it is amazing how leaned out Jah has become. Amazing the work you need to put in to try and stick in the L.

Here is K with the 2015 squad.

K Academy 2015 Squad.jpg

They’ve posted a series of interviews between an incoming player and a past player from a similar position. The latest is Hurt and Winslow. Really cool stuff that continues to emphasize the Brotherhood.
    So these freshman all seem much quieter and less worldly than the last couple classes. More like I'd expect freshman to act. Probably good to temper expectations a bit more than usual, I'd expect, which is fine with me. Looking forward to seeing them grow over the year(s)

Yeah, Coach K's offseason expectations / comments about the upcoming team should mostly be ignored unless you're looking for comedy. Truly, when looking back, they are sometimes funnier than actual, intentional parody.

Remember when this past season's team was supposed to play a "5-out offense"? How many teams in Duke history were worse shooting or more ill-suited to play 5-out?
    I'm sure it was a function of the injuries, along with Jack's horrible post-Texas Tech shooting slump and Alex's continued struggles on defense, but I have to say I really was surprised how little we saw Duke go "small" after Jan. 1 last year with Zion, Cam, RJ, Tre and either Jack, Alex (or, surprisingly, Jordan).

I seem to recall that group with Jordan being on the floor for the majority of the big Louisville comeback. But, other than that, I don't remember much time when we didn't have either Javin or Marques on the floor.

I really thought that kind of lineup--which Coach K has historically seemed to favor up until the last few seasons with the big man heavy rosters--would have been our best unit and best chance to space the floor on offense, and against the vast majority of teams I'd have thought Zion at 5 and Cam or Jack at 4 could have held up on the glass, at least for the key stretches of games.

What's up with Justise's NASA gear? I know he's from Houston but I clicked on his handle and he's got a bunch of #NASA things and he popped up in the picture below, which was also in his thread. Maybe related to the Kyrie flat earth and Steph moon landing comments? Wonder if NASA is working with certain NBA players to serve as ambassadors. I remember Kyrie saying a teacher came up to him and complained that his comments had reached her children, who valued his words as a NBA star more than hers. Good for Justise and the others if that's the case.

NASA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    I really thought that kind of lineup--which Coach K has historically seemed to favor up until the last few seasons with the big man heavy rosters--would have been our best unit and best chance to space the floor on offense, and against the vast majority of teams I'd have thought Zion at 5 and Cam or Jack at 4 could have held up on the glass, at least for the key stretches of games.
    I can't imagine a lineup of Zion (33.8% from three), Cam (33.3%), RJ (30.8%), Tre (26.2%), and Jack (27.8%) (or worse, Jordan (12.0%)) would have spaced the floor any more than any of the lineups we ran out there. And on defense, those lineups would have been worse than lineups with Javin or Marques. Which is probably why K didn't go with them.

Jay BilasVerified account @JayBilas 8h8 hours ago
    An incredible crew. A great night with great teammates and the men I admire most, the 1986 Duke Basketball team: Quin Snyder, David Henderson, Johnny Dawkins, Mark Alarie, Coach K, Tommy Amaker, Jay Bilas, Danny Ferry, Billy King.

This group is the poster child for male pattern baldness.

Hope it’s ok to post a link to a rival site - interviews from the K academy are all available on YouTube. Here’s K; others can be found on that same channel. Great stuff, a lot of which has already been discussed. I absolutely love K’s quote of “dreams become goals.”

Young Casey Affleck/Ben Affleck as well?