Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 87, Wake Forest 65 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Happy Birthday to Tre!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

How many freaking blocks did Jack White have?

Since the Zags game, the guys have really focused on D. Color me impressed.

One question: Is Cam getting mental? Seems like he's starting to get frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    Box score says 5.

Zion with 30 points on 13-16 shooting, 3-4 from deep, 10 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals. WOW.

Bolden/White combined for 12 points, 14 boards, 7 blocks off the bench to complement DeLaurier's 8 points, 9 boards, and 3 blocks.

We are gonna do this to a lot of teams in the league, home and away, this year with our defense. 13 more blocks tonight for the good guys to 0 for Wake. That's total domination of the opponent defensively.

13-1, 2-0 and on to Tallahassee for an extremely tough road game.
    Last edited by CameronDuke; 01-08-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Blockadile Dundee. Am I funny or am I old?

Sloppy game, but our overwhelming talent advantage was pretty clear. Zion was just on another level than anybody on Wake’s team. Bolden with a great game. Cam played a little better but still appears lost.

Both Javin and Zion appeared to turn their ankles, each left and later returned so I’m assuming no big deal.

Marques

Something that hit me during the game tonight that I felt like needed to be mentioned...… One of the recurring themes of game threads last year was, "so what's the deal with Grumpy-faced Marques"?

He got questioned a lot for his attitude. But I feel like his dedication and perseverance have paid off - and it's really very nice to see him smiling in games this year. I've noticed it numerous times this year, and it's a very nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Reasonably funny

As usual, Tre displayed tremendous leadership on offense and pretty much shut down Childress at the other end - he had 12 points on 3 of 9 shooting and. 3 assists. Actually, Childress had 2 free throws and 2 assists during Tre’s brief visits to the bench so it even better than that.

Did anyone else notice Hoard’s Hanstravel imitation at 1:20 of the first half? Hoard made a very nice offensive rebound under the basket in traffic, and then took five steps - left, right, left right, left. No call, but it didn’t matter as White blocked the shot anyway. Next time, try six steps, that’s what it takes for a true Hanstravel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Something that hit me during the game tonight that I felt like needed to be mentioned...… One of the recurring themes of game threads last year was, "so what's the deal with Grumpy-faced Marques"?

He got questioned a lot for his attitude. But I feel like his dedication and perseverance have paid off - and it's really very nice to see him smiling in games this year. I've noticed it numerous times this year, and it's a very nice change.
    It is easier to smile with Trey Jones passing the ball.

Does this win mean Duke will be ranked next week?

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Does this win mean Duke will be ranked next week?
    Nope, mandatory conference road games don’t count...

Zion’s 3 for 4 from deep was pretty awesome. As the announcers said, if he starts knocking those down it would be almost unfair. Kind of odd though that his one miss was an airball off a wide open look.

We looked a little sloppy at times when we tried to push too fast. We had something like 17 TO's but our defense limited Wake so we weren't in a lot of trouble. Zion is incredible, Tre is a great PG talent on both sides of the ball. RJ had a good game. Cam had flashes of good offensive play but still was loose with the ball. We just need him to continue to improve. Less fouls, better ball handling and passing and make sshots. Our combination of Jack, Marques and Javin are great complements to our stars.

We need to clean up the sloppy mistakes against Fla State as that will be a real test. Do they have their typiical spate of 7 footers this year?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Zion’s 3 for 4 from deep was pretty awesome. As the announcers said, if he starts knocking those down it would be almost unfair. Kind of odd though that his one miss was an airball off a wide open look.
    Duke does not have great shooters but if they take their time and set their feet- they can be effective. Cam thinks he can hit fall away or moving 3's. Maybe one day. Right now he needs to slow down and shoot with his feet set.

Espn box score has 5 to go with his 8 boards, 4 fouls, 2 TO (one was bogus, especially if Wake was often allowed to take 4-6 steps on some drives, including a blatant childress hook that went uncalled, 2 A and 0 points .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    That's even better than Basketball Dundee that someone coined a few weeks ago.

Makes up for your attempt at a 360 . Almost.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Cam was better but his turnovers are just awful. It's like he can't even move and dribble at the same time.

Does he have what's called in golf the yips?