Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The refs may have helped Tennessee, but the Vols at the end helped them more.
    by that standard, maybe we don't have much of a legit gripe with Miami 2015 FB

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    "...Tennessee gets all the calls..."
    It’s really more “Vandy gets none of the calls...”.

We’ve been jobbed so many times by bad calls. I understand that a team needs to be able to overcome bad calls, but repeatedly being on the losing end of a call adds up. It’s not easy to be a Vandy fan.

Jeff Green walked.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    It’s really more “Vandy gets none of the calls...”.

We’ve been jobbed so many times by bad calls. I understand that a team needs to be able to overcome bad calls, but repeatedly being on the losing end of a call adds up. It’s not easy to be a Vandy fan.

Jeff Green walked.
    As Duke fans, we feel ya....we are that way in football, and it took K a while to dig us out of that in basketball. I've always thought both the SEC and the Big 12 officials protect the big name programs....in FB and BB.

iowa got outscored 17-40 in the last 15 minutes of tonights game against michigan state.needless to say, they did not win.
    1200. DDMF.

by that standard, maybe we don't have much of a legit gripe with Miami 2015 FB
    I do not think you can compare a single play with bad calls in our football game, to three minutes of assenine turnovers and boots by Vandy at the end of regulation.

But if your argument is that both Duke in football and Vandy in basketball contributed to the bad results by failing to take care of their own business, then yes — I would absolutely say that is the case.

I do not think you can compare a single play with bad calls in our football game, to three minutes of assenine turnovers and boots by Vandy at the end of regulation.

But if your argument is that both Duke in football and Vandy in basketball contributed to the bad results by failing to take care of their own business, then yes — I would absolutely say that is the case.
    I can't post the photo. We made the tackle. The knee was down.

https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?im...729_16%2D9.jpg

Yea, still too soon.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You are making a circular argument....winning teams don't always take care of business either...sometimes the ONLY difference in the game IS the officiating. The idea of perfection the rest of the game is simply not tenable.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Rumors of Michigan’s demise after back to back lackluster games may have been exaggerated... 22-4 on the road against Indiana 12 minutes in. Indiana didn’t make a FG for the first 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I can't post the photo. We made the tackle. The knee was down.

https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?im...729_16%2D9.jpg

Yea, still too soon.
    I meant that we trailed the whole game, and were lucky to take the lead late. And at bottom, someone could have just put a runner on his I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and it would not be an argument.

But to be clear, I am disagreeing with the argument posed. The two circumstances are too different to equate.

You are making a circular argument...winning teams don't always take care of business either...sometimes the ONLY difference in the game IS the officiating. The idea of perfection the rest of the game is simply not tenable.
    Then you have just eliminated the only way I can see where your comparison makes sense. I agree that my attempt to tie it together was attenuated.

I meant that we trailed the whole game, and were lucky to take the lead late. And at bottom, someone could have just put a runner on his I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and it would not be an argument.

But to be clear, I am disagreeing with the argument posed. The two circumstances are too different to equate.
    All good points.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Rumors of Michigan’s demise after back to back lackluster games may have been exaggerated... 22-4 on the road against Indiana 12 minutes in. Indiana didn’t make a FG for the first 10 minutes.
    Yes, although Indiana has really been struggling lately.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Yes, although Indiana has really been struggling lately.
    Yep, everyone is killing them lately...I've noticed some head scratching scores.

Yep, everyone is killing them lately...I've noticed some head scratching scores.
    To say they are swooning would be an understatement. 6 straight losses, only one of which was at all close. They are struggling to get to 60 points in a lot of these games. Feels like the team has given up on the season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Then you have just eliminated the only way I can see where your comparison makes sense. I agree that my attempt to tie it together was attenuated.
    The problem with your theory is this...while Duke in the Miami FB game - and Vandy in the BB game - could have "taken care of business" earlier making the awful officiating a non factor....you ignore the flip side, which is that Miami FB and Tenn BB both didn't take care of business, otherwise they wouldn't need the bad officiating to get them across the finish line.

IOW, all four teams left points on the court, or the field. All four teams failed to fully "take care of business." In fact, in many ways, UT and UM were worse than Vandy/Duke. So there is no excuse for nor is it even a mitigating factor in favor of your argument. What you had is four imperfect teams, and it's grossly unfair for two of those teams to be rewarded and two to be penalized, when on the merits, the results should have been the opposite. To argue otherwise is circular and, well, wrong.

Keeping tabs on Kansas-Kentucky. In the preseason most polls had these as the top two teams, so this matchup has lost a lot of its luster. Kentucky seems to be figuring things out though; it’s taken them a while to recover from that beat down we gave them but they’ll be a tough out by the tournament. Kansas seems to have reached its ceiling already now that Azubuike is done for the season.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    MSU down 37-19 at the half to Purdue on the road. Purdue's been double teaming Nick Ward and Cassius Winston every time they touch the ball, trying to force others to score... it hasn't worked out well so far for the Sparties.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Watching G'Town v St. Johns . Quite the game.
    Hoping the Johnnies don't bookend our home non-conference win streak.
    Our guys will have a long time to prep for that game however.

Georgetown 89, St. John's 78.

I watched the last four minutes of the game. My takeaway - St. John's was sloppy with the ball.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Georgetown 89, St. John's 78.

I watched the last four minutes of the game. My takeaway - St. John's was sloppy with the ball.
    I see frosh McClung had monster game....27 points