Page 2278 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 127817782178222822682276227722782279228022882328237827783278 ... LastLast
Results 45,541 to 45,560 of 67394
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    SLC is quite a bit different from the rest of Utah...
    Moroni says what?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “I thought we were the ‘Popular Front’”
    I do use Weather Underground.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I do use Weather Underground.
    I always suspected you aligned with the mole people.

“You don’t need a weatherman
    To know which way the wind blows”

— Bob Dylan in the first rap song ever

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    SLC is quite a bit different from the rest of Utah...
    Yes, I was surprised at the number of brew pubs in SLC. Especially downtown. We enjoyed Squatters, and Market Street Grill was great for breakfast, though their current menu does not have their version of huevos rancheros, which was insanely good!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yes, I was surprised at the number of brew pubs in SLC. Especially downtown. We enjoyed Squatters, and Market Street Grill was great for breakfast, though their current menu does not have their version of huevos rancheros, which was insanely good!
    Parts of SLC, the ski towns, Ogden are relatively liberal compared to the state as a whole, which is obviously in line with Mormon values and politics.

Had beer at Squatters last night. SLC is where my company is headquartered. Having strategy meetings to try to move the company forward. I work for a supremely laid back company, but we are in a growth phase and we need to exploit that a bit better. We are historically (hysterically?) risk averse. But MORE importantly, the beer scene here is stupendous. And the coworkers I hate aren't here, just me and the big bosses. What a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Parts of SLC, the ski towns, Ogden are relatively liberal compared to the state as a whole, which is obviously in line with Mormon values and politics.
    When it comes to Utah, give me the national parks or get me the hell out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    When it comes to Utah, give me the national parks or get me the hell out of there.
    Bell peppers, sour beer, TLC, Utah…

Bell peppers, sour beer, TLC, Utah…
    I hate your avatar, btw.
    Also, to be fair, the entire, like, southern half of Utah is national park land (fully 2/3 of the state is owned by the feds in one capacity or another), so it's not as if I'm dismissing the entire state out of hand, just the parts with, y'know...people and "culture."

I hate your avatar, btw.
    Also, to be fair, the entire, like, southern half of Utah is national park land (fully 2/3 of the state is owned by the feds in one capacity or another), so it's not as if I'm dismissing the entire state out of hand, just the parts with, y'know...people and "culture."
    I'm to the left of Leon Trotsky and I love Salt Lake City.

I hate your avatar, btw.
    Southern Utah IS pretty spectacular…also where a lot of the extra special polygamy compounds are. The Wasatch and Uintas are both very pretty. Logan to Bear Lake is cool.

I feel like eating roast peppers with sour beer in SLC while listening to TLC and wearing close toed shoes is your version of heck.

extra special polygamy compounds are.
    Thaaaaat's what I need. Extra women to disappoint.

Do we know Wilson and Aimo aren't the same person? I like how feisty they are.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “You don’t need a weatherman
    To know which way the wind blows”

— Bob Dylan in the first rap song ever

Plus a little history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talking_blues

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Utah is one of the 11 states I have not yet visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Utah is one of the 11 states I have not yet visited.
    What are the other 10?
    I must be clear: Utah is actually a beautiful place, but I feel an abiding weirdness there that I can't put my finger on, so I prefer to just be outside doing something adventure-y when I go there.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Thaaaaat's what I need. Extra women to disappoint.
    It still amazes me there is an actual area/region where it’s prevalent but the settling in southern Utah was by design. Not much there so they’re mostly left alone. America has such diversity; it still amazes me my Amish neighbors are essentially living outside American laws in the pre-industrial age.

https://ksltv.com/437048/polygamous-...wn-struggling/

What are the other 10?
    I must be clear: Utah is actually a beautiful place, but I feel an abiding weirdness there that I can't put my finger on, so I prefer to just be outside doing something adventure-y when I go there.
    We lived there for a year for my wife’s Americorps service. We were unmarried at the time in our late 20s and we’re also very nice people —- our Mormon friends all liked us and we liked them but it was clear we didn’t quite fit the mold of what they expected. We had a couple very polite attempted conversions
    I’ll be a good guest wherever I go so it didn’t bother me too much.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What are the other 10?
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Minnesota
    Montana
    Nebraska
    New Mexico
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Wyoming

Oops, Utah is one of the 12 states I haven't visited.