Page 1777 of 3372 FirstFirst ... 77712771677172717671775177617771778177917871827187722772777 ... LastLast
Results 35,521 to 35,540 of 67421
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If anyone wants to spiral into loathing for your fellow man, there is an absolutely horrible story coming out of NH about a state run youth center.

Catholic Church, USA Gymnastics, Hollywood, Government programs. You almost can’t spit without hitting these types of things it seems.
    The first five years of my career were spent in the Pediatric ICU. I'm good. Don't think I need to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The first five years of my career were spent in the Pediatric ICU. I'm good. Don't think I need to see this.
    This is obviously not the same at all but my wife worked for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children for a while. They had to have staff psychologists. Our radars are unfortunately attuned to these types of stories.

The thing that gets me is the institutionalization of abuse with multiple adults involved and complicit. Not just someone operating by themselves. Abuse becomes part of the fabric of organizations and it is jaw dropping how many people look away or don’t believe it’s occurring.

If anyone wants to spiral into loathing for your fellow man, there is an absolutely horrible story coming out of NH about a state run youth center.

Catholic Church, USA Gymnastics, Hollywood, Government programs. You almost can’t spit without hitting these types of things it seems.
    There is absolutely nothing that comes out of New Hamster that can shock me. When Epstein's right hand woman, Ghislaine Maxwell hid out, where did she go? New Hamster...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    There is absolutely nothing that comes out of New Hamster that can shock me. When Epstein's right hand woman, Ghislaine Maxwell hid out, where did she go? New Hamster...
    What’s up with New Hampshire?

What’s up with New Hampshire?
    There are issues there that go back many decades, and were I to outline them, I'd probably get a DBR vacation...one bit of info: for many many years, the biggest newspaper in the state was owned by a man named William Loeb, and his views shaped New Hamster for a long time. Now that a lot of people are moving in from the Boston area, the craziness has moderate quite a bit, but it's still there in abundance.

A disciple of Loeb's, for example, became governor, and demanded nuclear weapons for the state's National Guard...much more recently(just a few months ago) the NH Legislature opened up at an outdoor ceremony in which large numbers of maskless legislators taunted opposition party members for wearing masks.

This is obviously not the same at all but my wife worked for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children for a while. They had to have staff psychologists. Our radars are unfortunately attuned to these types of stories.

The thing that gets me is the institutionalization of abuse with multiple adults involved and complicit. Not just someone operating by themselves. Abuse becomes part of the fabric of organizations and it is jaw dropping how many people look away or don’t believe it’s occurring.
    Your wife's former job and my former job were inextricably linked. I saw the aftermath. As for institutions, they incorrectly try to shield and protect the institution in a crisis. This is absolutely the incorrect thing to do. What you do is you protect the individual who may have been harmed by something or someone within the institution. It is crisis management 101 but this happens with alarming frequency.

Alright. Too heavy a subject for LTE. Moving on to a lighter subject.

Can whipped cream ever be too frothy?

Alright. Too heavy a subject for LTE. Moving on to a lighter subject.

Can whipped cream ever be too frothy?
    Frothy connotes thin to me. I like it to be thick.

Is there a way to unironically drive an El Camino? Is there a chance that the driver of said car feels like it is cool to drive the mullet of vehicles? It's the car version of the Mississippi mudflap that my friends rocked growing up.

Frothy connotes thin to me. I like it to be thick.
    Like a mousse?

Like a mousse?
    I would say closer to mousse than pulmonary edema, which is what I think of when you say frothy. I recognize that I am the problem here.

I would say closer to mousse than pulmonary edema, which is what I think of when you say frothy. I recognize that I am the problem here.
    Ew, man. Just ew.

Ew, man. Just ew.
    Hey man. I owned it.

Hey man. I owned it.
    You should go drop that observation in the Ymm, Beer thread. Froth and suds features heavily there.

Is there a way to unironically drive an El Camino? Is there a chance that the driver of said car feels like it is cool to drive the mullet of vehicles? It's the car version of the Mississippi mudflap that my friends rocked growing up.
    I love El Caminos and other cartrucks (truckcars?). I feel like about a '71 SS could be driven unironically, because to me it is just unequivocally bad[butt], but YMMV.
    elcamino.jpg

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yes. When you are 6 years-old and the El Camino you are driving is a vintage, purple metallic, Hot Wheels car.

Like this one.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-...EAAOSw8-VgKqcO

My younger brother had a purple Hot Wheels El Camino as a kid. It wasn't metallic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yes. When you are 6 years-old and the El Camino you are driving is a vintage, purple metallic, Hot Wheels car.

Like this one.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-...EAAOSw8-VgKqcO
    Whelp, as I said, I love El Caminos, and my favorite color is purple, and...my wife does not thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I love El Caminos and other cartrucks (truckcars?). I feel like about a '71 SS could be driven unironically, because to me it is just unequivocally bad[butt], but YMMV.
    elcamino.jpg
    Lest you think I am talking junk about cars you should know my history. I drove a 1985 orange Dodge Omni hatchback in school and you couldn't roll the windows down or cinders would (like it was coal fired) somehow blow around the car because the ceiling was collapsing. I drove a minivan for 15 years because I loved the minivan and my wife was mortified by it. I have never once owned a car that was worth more than $18,000. I don't care at all about cars. They are merely a means of conveyance.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Whelp, as I said, I love El Caminos, and my favorite color is purple, and...my wife does not thank you.
    Why? Are you planning to buy one? Or are you planning to buy that Hot Wheels car? (It's only $3.50. Actually $6.99 with shipping, but still . . . I'm thinking about buying it as a birthday present for my brother.)