Page 1692 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 69211921592164216821690169116921693169417021742179221922692 ... LastLast
Results 33,821 to 33,840 of 67675
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well played.

Driving down 12 in that storm last night to get to Ocracoke was the sketchiest driving I have ever done. And I've driven winters in Vermont.

Fog so thick you can't see squat. Water in the road that makes your vehicle plane every 500 feet. Surf literally washing across the road in spots.

And a few fish.
    All-wheel drive?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    All-wheel drive?
    Yes. My vehicle did me well. Except that after being in dense fog I now know I need my headlight realigned.

Yes. My vehicle did me well. Except that after being in dense fog I now know I need my headlight realigned.
    Jeez, not much you can do with fog and headlights, except don't use high beams...do you have fog lights? Fog is no fun...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Jeez, not much you can do with fog and headlights, except don't use high beams...do you have fog lights? Fog is no fun...
    Good time to get off the road and wait it out. White knuckle driving is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Good time to get off the road and wait it out. White knuckle driving is no fun.
    Unless you are trying to catch a ferry...

Unless you are trying to catch a ferry...
    Must have been a spooky ferry ride?

The 88 and 89 Blue Devils rode the Ferry.

Not nearly as spooky as the driving. But maybe just because I was checked out for about an hour and a half which was a relief.

Not nearly as spooky as the driving. But maybe just because I was checked out for about an hour and a half which was a relief.
    Honestly, your story sounds like Nedry’s drive to the ferry in Jurassic Park. Glad you weren’t eaten by a Dilophosaurus.

Honestly, your story sounds like Nedry’s drive to the ferry in Jurassic Park. Glad you weren’t eaten by a Dilophosaurus.
    Newman!

So, uh, anyone else seen the news that Armie Hammer may be a cannibal?

(I’m not making light of the multiple allegations, they are genuinely shocking).

It's very cold here, and thus not the greatest day to be teaching with the windows open and eating lunch outside.

I'm in the midst of the Renaissance and the Scientific Revolution, which are at least really fun things to teach to 7th graders, so that helps.

I'm making a pozole-style soup with leftover pork carnitas for dinner, and it's a great day for something like that.

And all of the above is just...life these days. The pandemic marches on. Sigh.

Nine below when we woke up, and that prompted an eight year old car battery to give up the ghost...click, click, click. But rally I did, hit the Costco for $450, then got the vacuum repaired at Vacuum City, then jumped the dead car, off to the shop where it now awaits a battery transplant.

Reward for all this profound excellence is that we're expecting a nice snowstorm tonight and tomorrow (midlantic guys have it now, right?) so we've having an apple crisp and meat loaf, maximum comfort food.

Right now, I come from the land of ice and snow...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Nine below when we woke up, and that prompted an eight year old car battery to give up the ghost...click, click, click. But rally I did, hit the Costco for $450, then got the vacuum repaired at Vacuum City, then jumped the dead car, off to the shop where it now awaits a battery transplant.

Reward for all this profound excellence is that we're expecting a nice snowstorm tonight and tomorrow (midlantic guys have it now, right?) so we've having an apple crisp and meat loaf, maximum comfort food.
    It started snowing here about an hour ago. Have to go pick up Arrow from school in 45 minutes, roads are still clear. Hoping for another hour of non-treacherous driving then I can hunker down.

Fog story - I once hiked to the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park (Maine). It's not a difficult hike, btw. Once we got to the top the fog rolled in, quickly. Somehow the hubby (merely my boyfriend at the time) walked us straight back to our car, so thank goodness he was with me because, and this is really true, when I stuck my hand out straight in front of me, I couldn't see it. If you have never experienced fog like that - it is a surreal experience. Put your hand out in front of you and watch it disappear. I would have been lost for hours if I hadn't been with the hubby. Although, to be fair, I would have sat down on a rock and waited it out if I had been alone. I did figure that if the fog can roll in that quickly, maybe it would go away just as fast.

Right now, I come from the land of ice and snow...
    https://youtu.be/ApxnAr6pRt0
    Let's go Duke!

So, uh, anyone else seen the news that Armie Hammer may be a cannibal?

(I’m not making light of the multiple allegations, they are genuinely shocking).
    Yeah, I saw that the other day. He must be some kind of wingnut to even have that out as a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yeah, I saw that the other day. He must be some kind of wingnut to even have that out as a rumor.
    Maybe he is trying to get into a Hogan's Heroes reboot? Do you guys know about Bob Crane?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Maybe he is trying to get into a Hogan's Heroes reboot? Do you guys know about Bob Crane?
    oh, Bob. Bob had great fun until he didn't...

oh, Bob. Bob had great fun until he didn't...
    Yep.