Page 1277 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 2777771177122712671275127612771278127912871327137717772277 ... LastLast
Results 25,521 to 25,540 of 67675
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Speaking of things that are also discussed in other threads, I got home from rehearsal last night in time to the Oscar for Best Costume Design. I missed Brad Pitt though.

Best in Show tomorrow. God, I hope a terrier doesn’t win again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Found a rebroadcast of Saturday's game this afternoon. Although the angle was different, I kept think that Wendell was channeling his inner Lo Charles.

Lo Charles dunked...to me that is a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Best in Show tomorrow. God, I hope a terrier doesn’t win again.
    Which show is this? Westminster?

Okay, weird dream.

I was watching a film on something, not sure what. Then a short came on, and it was introduced as a film by Saul Bellow. Then I woke up.

Saul Bellow is a name I have heard years ago, but had no real idea who he was. In my half-asleep state I think I thought he was Sal Mineo, who I vaguely remembered as being an actor. So I googled Saul Bellow and went back to sleep. Did not check it though until just now after coming back from the gym.

Really really random. Cannot think of anything that would have triggered that name, didn’t really know who he was (ashamed to say).

Long/short: So now I need to read a book by Bellow, and re-watch Rebel Without a Cause.

Birds have been out in full throat the last two weeks. Looking at a male robin out of the window right now, checking out my parsley for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Birds have been out in full throat the last two weeks. Looking at a male robin out of the window right now, checking out my parsley for some reason.
    I have too many neighborhood cats around the area these days that I’m concerned for the birds.

Okay, weird dream.

I was watching a film on something, not sure what. Then a short came on, and it was introduced as a film by Saul Bellow. Then I woke up.

Saul Bellow is a name I have heard years ago, but had no real idea who he was. In my half-asleep state I think I thought he was Sal Mineo, who I vaguely remembered as being an actor. So I googled Saul Bellow and went back to sleep. Did not check it though until just now after coming back from the gym.

Really really random. Cannot think of anything that would have triggered that name, didn’t really know who he was (ashamed to say).

Long/short: So now I need to read a book by Bellow, and re-watch Rebel Without a Cause.
    I remember my parents having a Saul Bellow book or two in their bookcase. Never read them.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Which show is this? Westminster?
    ‘Tis.

Okay, weird dream.

Really, you don't.

You can trust me. You don't have to, but you can.

I wish I lead a dog’s life...

I am profoundly ignorant of pop culture. For example, watching the Oscars, I was unfamiliar with most of the presenters and I only recognized Elton John and Randy Newman of the musical performers. Sadly, the memorial portion rang more of a bell.

You can trust me. You don't have to, but you can.
    No Bellow book recommendation? He won a Nobel Prize for Literature so I figured he must be somewhat legit.

Probably not as good as Hunter S. Thompson, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by TomJoad View Post
    Sadly, the memorial portion rang more of a bell.
    At some point we all become The Ghost of ...

No Bellow book recommendation? He won a Nobel Prize for Literature so I figured he must be somewhat legit.

Probably not as good as Hunter S. Thompson, but still.
    Bob Dylan won a Nobel Prize for Literature.

Bob Dylan won a Nobel Prize for Literature.
    Yeah, but that was just because they wanted him to do a concert in Stockholm.

Yeah, but that was just because they wanted him to do a concert in Stockholm.
    Ok, then so did Winston Churchil!?! I mean, have you ever tried to read any of Winston Churchill's books?

Harold Pinter deserved his. They do a much better job picking deserving playwrights.

Okay, weird dream...

Either that or lay off the liverwurst and onion sandwiches before bed
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Either that or lay off the liverwurst and onion sandwiches before bed
    Maybe he had a beer?