Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke Women ACC Golf Champs!

The ACC Women's Golf Tournament is being played at Pawley's Island, South Carolina.

After two rounds the Duke women have a nine-shot lead over Clemson, FSU and UNC. Leona Maguire is tied for the individual lead at -4. Three other Duke golfers are tied for seventh at even par: Virginia Elena Carta, freshman Ana Belac and Sandy Choi. Gurbani Singh is at +1, as the entire Duke contingent is playing well.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Thanks for the report - please keep them coming through the weekend...😎

Most consistent program in Duke Sports. Dan Brooks runs an unbelievably great program. I think Leona Maguire will some day rival Brittany Lang's success on the LPGA tour.

Golf at Duke goes back to long time pro Dumpy Hacker and then Rod Anderson, both of whom have passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Golf at Duke goes back to long time pro Dumpy Hacker and then Rod Anderson, both of whom have passed on.
    Hoping you were referring to Dumpy Hagler & Rod Myers?

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    Hoping you were referring to Dumpy Hagler & Rod Myers?
    Yes, I type faster than my mind...

Is this a fifty four hole chapionship?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    220, 221, whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Yes, this is the final round today. The NCAA's are 72 holes. Thread title should have said April 13-15.

Duke now has a six-shot lead on the front nine (down from 11_ as Florida State is making a charge.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Wow! I hate to report this but FSU (fourth-ranked nationally) has made up all nine strokes from the start of play, and the match is tied. Duke is on holes 9-11; Florida State is on holes 12-16.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wow! I hate to report this but FSU (fourth-ranked nationally) has made up all nine strokes from the start of play, and the match is tied. Duke is on holes 9-11; Florida State is on holes 12-16.

Go Duke!
    Looking like Duke is ahead by 9 now with Florida State in at +4 for the tournament, +1 for the day and Duke on the last two holes at -5, also +1 for the day. http://www.golfstatresults.com/publi...team&tid=10918

Leona Maguire has a 2 stroke lead for individual champion at -6 on 17.

I need some advice.

I was watching the ESPN3/ACC Network Extra livestream of the ACC Women's Golf Tournament on my desktop computer, and I noticed the UNC team broke a rule. Apparently they had been taking fake classes for about 20 years. Should I send an e-mail to John Skipper and John Swofford and remind them that this violation should result in a 89,635,064-stroke penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I need some advice.

I was watching the ESPN3/ACC Network Extra livestream of the ACC Women's Golf Tournament on my desktop computer, and I noticed the UNC team broke a rule. Apparently they had been taking fake classes for about 20 years. Should I send an e-mail to John Skipper and John Swofford and remind them that this violation should result in a 89,635,064-stroke penalty?

lol.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

I need some advice.

Probably I have sporked you so many times I will never be able to again. This made my afternoon.

Results?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Win by 9 over Florida state.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Win by 9 over Florida state.
    Thanks! LGD!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I need some advice.

This, my friends, is how one collects sporks.

Well played.

I need some advice.

Can't spork you, but love it!

Congrats to Dan Brooks and the women!!!

Another victory and on to the NCAA Tourney!! Amazing what Dan's accomplished over the years. Many of you know Ron Schmid, who was the women's coach when I was in school until Dan took over. Ron became the Director of the Iron Dukes, then President of the Carolinas PGA and has now been inducted into their HOF (unless somehow I'm having a major brain-fart). I've played several rounds with both. Have played with Ron and current ID guru (Jack Winters) at Myrtle Beach on a fund-raiser a long, long time ago. Regardless, our golf programs (both) are in great hands!! Tom Butters was a visionary back in the day, no doubt.

GO DUKE!!