Page 2560 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 15602060246025102550255825592560256125622570261026603060 ... LastLast
Results 51,181 to 51,200 of 67743
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    They probably want you to keep playing Wordle, especially the archive version that you can play all day long.
    Still only vaguely aware of what this post means. And I feel really good about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks for asking.

Was just some onboarding and a staff meeting. I'll be 40 hours starting Monday.

But it was great! There's an office dog (don't you dare tell my home dogs), the people seem affable and passionate, my office has a door.

I'm very excited. I think it's going to be an excellent fit.
    That is awesome! I am a huge proponent of dogs in the office (we used to allow it before we moved to a new office building with a no pet rule). TruBlu was right though, your dogs will know.

Hope everything continues to go well as things get rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That is awesome! I am a huge proponent of dogs in the office (we used to allow it before we moved to a new office building with a no pet rule). TruBlu was right though, your dogs will know.

Hope everything continues to go well as things get rolling!
    It'll be awkward as I have to ask for Thursday and Friday off to watch basketball...

It'll be awkward as I have to ask for Thursday and Friday off to watch basketball...
    I've been wanting to take the opening weekend of the tournament off basically since I started working "professionally" (little over a decade ago), but always either forgot to put in for the time or it wasn't a good time for me to be out (in my previous career I had essentially 0 coverage when I was out). Finally remembered to put in for it this year!

I've been wanting to take the opening weekend of the tournament off basically since I started working "professionally" (little over a decade ago), but always either forgot to put in for the time or it wasn't a good time for me to be out (in my previous career I had essentially 0 coverage when I was out). Finally remembered to put in for it this year!
    Probably not actually a great idea to ask for two of my first five days off.

That’s why you do it after they offer you the job and before you accept it.

Just bring your iPad or similar device, shut your door, and stream away. That's what I usually do.

In the old days I brought a portable TV to work and plopped it on my desk. My boss noticed one year...and asked if he could hang out and watch!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Just bring your iPad or similar device, shut your door, and stream away. That's what I usually do.

In the old days I brought a portable TV to work and plopped it on my desk. My boss noticed one year...and asked if he could hang out and watch!
    I usually just stream on my second monitor. Occasionally we'll get a polite email about bandwidth usage from too many people streaming video at which point I switch to my phone.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The level of excitement dogs display when meeting me on the street has increased dramatically since I became an owner of guinea pigs. Luckily, I get along well with dogs and do not mind them having a sniff.

I usually just stream on my second monitor. Occasionally we'll get a polite email about bandwidth usage from too many people streaming video at which point I switch to my phone.
    My only issue is the yelling from behind the door. I don't want to out myself as a lunatic week one.

Oh well! I can only hide for so long.

I just finished a boatload of catch-up stuff with six minutes to spare in the school day.
    I worked my [fanny] off this week.
    Now I'm thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I just finished a boatload of catch-up stuff with six minutes to spare in the school day.
    I worked my [fanny] off this week.
    Now I'm thirsty.
    Having a pint?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Having a pint?
    I might even plunge straight into a conical glass with salty green garnish at the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I might even plunge straight into a conical glass with salty green garnish at the bottom...
    Parsley?

Parsley?
    I've done that...convinced myself that the recalcitrant ooze on the bottom of the glass was "parsley".

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I've done that...convinced myself that the recalcitrant ooze on the bottom of the glass was "parsley".
    I smoked a dime bag of oregano one time. But Lieutenant Kaffee got me off before the Navy hanged me from a yardarm.

I smoked a dime bag of oregano one time. But Lieutenant Kaffee got me off before the Navy hanged me from a yardarm.
    I've measured my arm, it is nowhere near hanging length.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 03-11-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: When outstretched is also has a much lower center of gravity then it used to. By the way anyone remember The Stallion Club?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I've measured my arm, it is nowhere near hanging length.
    I saw somebody (Doug?) and the Hot Nuts there I think.

Back in the day, there was a band in Atlanta named The Hanging Francises. Apparently a reference to autoerotic asphyxiation.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Back in the day, there was a band in Atlanta named The Hanging Francises. Apparently a reference to autoerotic asphyxiation.
    I was into autoeroticism for a while but I've found Uber is a lot cheaper.