Page 2131 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 113116312031208121212129213021312132213321412181223126313131 ... LastLast
Results 42,601 to 42,620 of 67651
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I've only done 39.

What’s everyone’s least favorite state?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Florida.

I wasn't a huge fan of Louisiana. But then I was mainly at Fort Polk.

Sobriety.

(It’s a joke, folks. Really).

Paddies is having surgery Friday morning. Wedge resection of the problematic part of his right lung then they do something to irritate the lining which apparently makes it heal faster.

New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Florida.
    [Accurate and deserved] Exasperation with “Florida Man” notwithstanding, Florida is pretty great once you get south of Tampa.

Florida.
    Florida has some truly awful parts --- but also some pretty magical ones.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of Louisiana. But then I was mainly at Fort Polk.
    You've really got to have Louisiana in your blood, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    New Jersey.
    I've made a few bad decisions in New Jersey and don't have many nice things to say about it.

I'm not a big fan of Missouri or Iowa, for different reasons. Usually you don't like a place, you haven't been to its good parts so I'm willing to give 'em a chance.

I lived in Delaware and it still feels like a pretend state to me. All those numbered licenses plates and Bidens running around.

Paddies is having surgery Friday morning. Wedge resection of the problematic part of his right lung then they do something to irritate the lining which apparently makes it heal faster.
    Do they know what the problematic part is yet? You guys have been through the ringer already.

Florida has some truly awful parts --- but also some pretty magical ones.
    Yep. The South Florida beaches on the Gulf side, the Everglades, and the Keys are heavenly. But, like, Ocala is the WORST.

I'm not a big fan of Missouri or Iowa, for different reasons. Usually you don't like a place, you haven't been to its good parts so I'm willing to give 'em a chance.
    My wife went to college in St. Louis and still has a good number of friends there, so I’ve spent a good bit of time in Missouri over the last decade. St. Louis is a very cool town but definitely one of neighborhoods that is best experienced alongside a local.
    Iowa has some beautiful parts to drive…the rolling hills just alongside the western side of the Mississippi with the hundreds of silos and stuff are beautiful real-life versions of storybook farms.

I lived in Delaware and it still feels like a pretend state to me. All those numbered licenses plates and Bidens running around.
    We went on a fall road trip to Delaware a few years back to cross it off. We were in Rehoboth Beach in October, so it was offseason but we still had fun. Particularly enjoyed an afternoon at the Dogfish Head brewpub.

New Jersey.
    I gotta stand up for the Garden State. Some wonderful spots in Jersey.

Yep. The South Florida beaches on the Gulf side, the Everglades, and the Keys are heavenly. But, like, Ocala is the WORST.

My wife went to college in St. Louis and still has a good number of friends there, so I’ve spent a good bit of time in Missouri over the last decade. St. Louis is a very cool town but definitely one of neighborhoods that is best experienced alongside a local.
    Iowa has some beautiful parts to drive…the rolling hills just alongside the western side of the Mississippi with the hundreds of silos and stuff are beautiful real-life versions of storybook farms.

We went on a fall road trip to Delaware a few years back to cross it off. We were in Rehoboth Beach in October, so it was offseason but we still had fun. Particularly enjoyed an afternoon at the Dogfish Head brewpub.
    Yeah, see, I've never really been to St. Louis. I'm sure there are some spots in MO - the Ozarks, Mark Twain National Forest - that I just haven't been. Just not any good experiences so far.

I used to have to fly from Philly to Des Moines on the regular for work and I HATED it. I stayed in the same Hilton Garden Inn and went to the same 3 awful restaurants and took my rental in and out of the same business complex. The first time I was there was January. Des Moines is like a hamster cage in winter, all these tubes running between buildings so you don't have to go outside.

I'm not a big fan of the beaches north of NC. I mean, they're fine if you don't know what other beaches are like. Dogfish Head IS Delaware. They're everywhere. Did you just do the brewpub in Rehoboth --- or get to the Milton brewery, too?

Fact: Ducks have feathers to cover their butt quacks.

Fact: Ducks have feathers to cover their butt quacks.
    Posters have been banned for less. Just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Posters have been banned for less. Just sayin’.
    What?!?! It would have to escalate very quickly. I’m in the infraction green these days.

What?!?! It would have to escalate very quickly. I’m in the infraction green these days.
    I don’t make the rules. I just observe.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don’t make the rules. I just observe.
    Don’t be such a bufflehead

OPK abides man. OPK abides.

Do they know what the problematic part is yet? You guys have been through the ringer already.
    Yes. Paddies has been reading up on the surgery and decided it makes the most sense. He's at high risk for a second collapsed lung if they don't do the surgery. He's all gung ho to get 'er done so he can start recovering. I'm going up there on Monday. He will likely be discharged on Tuesday. I'm staying until Thursday, if he isn't ready to be left alone by Thursday, I'm bringing him back to MA with me to recover and I'll take him back up to Vermont when he's ready, or not, or maybe we'll just go back up to pack up the apartment. TBD. I'll be spending lots of time in Vermont this summer one way or another.