Page 116 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 16661061141151161171181261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I do recall having a banana ale in suburban St. Louis in 1996.

Seriously, it was not bad. I don't recall the name of the brewer, but all in all, it was better than the local pumpkin ale.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I like bananas, but better than pumpkin? That's bizarre. I think the upside of apple or pumpkin based brews has to be higher than banana.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I like bananas, but better than pumpkin? That's bizarre. I think the upside of apple or pumpkin based brews has to be higher than banana.
    This was before Schlafly began brewing its pumpkin ale.

With banana brew, I would imagine that a lot depends on the type of banana used during brewing, as well as the sugar content of the banana.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

answer

Question Come on, guys

I can't believe that NO ONE responded to my gopher question.

Then again, I just wanted to keep the thread going. How long can it go?

Originally we were asked to make 1,000 responses. Welll, it's waaaaay beyond that. Have we achieved the LONGEST THREAD EVER?? I'd love to know that, and/or what the untimate is.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    I can't believe that NO ONE responded to my gopher question.
    Well, all I learned about gopher removal I learned from Caddyshack. By your statements, perhaps get 1 very big dog that is hungry all the time. Maybe that will help the situation. We lived on a hill in the San Fernando Valley, our problem wasn't gophers it was skunks...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, all I learned about gopher removal I learned from Caddyshack.
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, ‘Au revoir, gopher.’

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

George Clooney

Two different friends emailed me today to let me know that George Clooney and his girlfriend have broken up. It's nice to know that your friends care about you.

George Clooney is my 'Get Out of Jail Free' card. My husband even kind of agrees that if I had the chance, I really ought to take it.

Oddly combining the two threads above (Caddyshack, and famous men becoming single again), I read today that Bill Murray's wife has filed for divorce.

And, Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the gophers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Oddly combining the two threads above (Caddyshack, and famous men becoming single again), I read today that Bill Murray's wife has filed for divorce.

And, Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the gophers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...
    You know, I paraphrased the latter quote in the Indy thread and no one caught the obscure reference. But maybe you did subconsciously and that's why you're quoting it now.

Of note is that Billy's (ed's note: Billy here is Bill Murray. Evidently I can no longer type Bill without adding a y.) soon-to-be-ex is trying to grab their house on Sullivan's Island, SC. That's the barrier island south of the island I grew up on, and it's where I went to elementary school (the best public elementary school in the state, I might add).
    Last edited by billybreen; 05-29-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh, sorry for thread hijacking (is that even possible here?) but I know nothing about gophers except that plastic explosives can't kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oh, sorry for thread hijacking (is that even possible here?) but I know nothing about gophers except that plastic explosives can't kill them.
    That, and they like to dance to Kenny Loggins.

You know, I paraphrased the latter quote in the Indy thread and no one caught the obscure reference. But maybe you did subconsciously and that's why you're quoting it now.
    Ahh, sorry. I haven't dipped into that thread lately. Pretty much this one, the "Whatever" thread, and the current cougar debate are all I've ventured into lately.

Work and travel have kept me DBR-offline more than usual, lately. Not that I''m complaining about that travel bit.

Haven't ventured to the cougar thread, it is a thread about big cats, right?

This thread has nearly caught up to me. Not sure how to feel about that.

Now I know why there were suddenly posts in a thread that was 9 months old...

OOh, there's an interesting one. Can we create a thread that has more posts than BillyBreen? (Would he sacrifice his post count to allow the LTE to catch up, or would it spur him to new PW heights?)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    OOh, there's an interesting one. Can we create a thread that has more posts than BillyBreen? (Would he sacrifice his post count to allow the LTE to catch up, or would it spur him to new PW heights?)
    Ahh, now that's a challenge, people!

Hitch your wagon to the BillyBreen star and let's take the LTE to new heights.

I'm up for the challenge, I've been lollygagging lately...

I want to wish a belated half-year birthday to the LTE. BD started this on 12/20. I think we've got another 6 months of posts in us.

Reflecting on the LTE vs BB challenge, at current posting volume it's going to take some time to catch me (since Darwin knows I won't be slowing my PWing elsewhere). Let's do some math:

The LTE is roughly 192 days old. It has 2149 posts, so that's a shade over 11 posts per day. I average a little over 8 posts a day (though I'm guessing my average over the last 6 months has been much higher).

Best case scenario, the LTE is currently netting 3 posts a day over me. Given the current spread of 1637 posts, we're looking at 546 days until the LTE catches me. Good luck.

I want to wish a belated half-year birthday to the LTE. BD started this on 12/20. I think we've got another 6 months of posts in us.

Reflecting on the LTE vs BB challenge, at current posting volume it's going to take some time to catch me (since Darwin knows I won't be slowing my PWing elsewhere). Let's do some math:

The LTE is roughly 192 days old. It has 2149 posts, so that's a shade over 11 posts per day. I average a little over 8 posts a day (though I'm guessing my average over the last 6 months has been much higher).

Best case scenario, the LTE is currently netting 3 posts a day over me. Given the current spread of 1637 posts, we're looking at 546 days until the LTE catches me. Good luck.
    LTE has another month to go before it hits 6 months, my friend; your calcs are a little off.

LTE, about 160 days old. Approx. 13.4 posts per day. Even if we up your PW'ing to 9 ppd, that's still a daily difference of 4.4. LTE needs 372 days at the current rate, but I think a concerted effort could get us there in another 6 months. Or you could just slow down for awhile.

I can see that some of us who have been slacking off will have to chip in for us to get there.