Page 753 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 25365370374375175275375475576380385312531753 ... LastLast
Results 15,041 to 15,060 of 67655
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Just testing. I got a new phone so I'm seeing if I can post.
    Your post came through, but it's an hour behind East Coast time. Unless you're in one of those four Western counties, in which case it came through two hours behind.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Your post came through, but it's an hour behind East Coast time. Unless you're in one of those four Western counties, in which case it came through two hours behind.

What time does this one show? I'm posting from my laptop now.

It's saying it was posted yesterday. Maybe you're on the other side of the international date line.

It's saying it was posted yesterday. Maybe you're on the other side of the international date line.
    Good! I like being a woman of mystery and keep people guessing. You'll never know where and when I might appear.

Good! I like being a woman of mystery and keep people guessing. You'll never know where and when I might appear.
    That's awesome.

What makes people do the things they do? I'm watching Nik Wallend cross Niagara Falls. Pretty amazing.

What makes people do the things they do? I'm watching Nik Wallend cross Niagara Falls. Pretty amazing.
    Well then I'll cancel my trip. I was TOTALLY planning on doing that next weekend but without all the fanfare. I mean really.

Seriously, though, as someone with a wicked fear of heights, that's just INSANE to me. When they showed the shot of his view of the wire as he crossed over the lip of the falls (helmet cam?), I started shaking. Badly.

Question about the stunt- is that the first time a Wallenda has used a safety harness (the thing that trailed behind him on the wire)? Does that negate some of the "difficulty" of the stunt, as there's really no possibility of actually plunging into the falls? I'm not trying to be snarky, but it does seem to take some of the edge off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Well then I'll cancel my trip. I was TOTALLY planning on doing that next weekend but without all the fanfare. I mean really.

Seriously, though, as someone with a wicked fear of heights, that's just INSANE to me. When they showed the shot of his view of the wire as he crossed over the lip of the falls (helmet cam?), I started shaking. Badly.

Question about the stunt- is that the first time a Wallenda has used a safety harness (the thing that trailed behind him on the wire)? Does that negate some of the "difficulty" of the stunt, as there's really no possibility of actually plunging into the falls? I'm not trying to be snarky, but it does seem to take some of the edge off of it.
    I wondered about that too. I actually thing it might have been a bit distracting to him since he had never worn one before. His Dad even ask how it felt partway through the walk, I think. I did look at it and wonder if it would really stop him from falling.

Fun times here on the Gulf coast. There's a hurricane forming and headed this way. Locals say this one will not be anything to worry about.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" - I hate that kind of crazie talk!!

I made some darned tasty clam linguine tonight. Super impressed with my own self.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I made some darned tasty clam linguine tonight. Super impressed with my own self.
    "I hope you brought enough for everyone . . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

Clam of what variety Weez? Quahog, Littleneck, Cherrystone, Pismo, Butter, Longneck, Manila, Razor, Geoduck or perhaps the Venus?

For me it was the turkey burger that got mixed results.

Today is my last day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" - I hate that kind of crazie talk!!
    It was forbidden, but now it's allowed!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

It's a strange new world you're entering... Best wishes and good luck!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

"I hope you brought enough for everyone . . . ."
    You might as well settle for some mashies and gravy.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

What posessed you to go this new (academic) route?!? Did you decide that working all hours during the sports season wasn't enough, and instead you want to be buried under law books for 2 semesters?

Seriously, sounds like a great transition for you - hope you enjoy the new path!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    What posessed you to go this new (academic) route?!? Did you decide that working all hours during the sports season wasn't enough, and instead you want to be buried under law books for 2 semesters?

Seriously, sounds like a great transition for you - hope you enjoy the new path!
    2 semesters? Only 2? Do you know something I don't????

It's something I've wanted for 25+ years and just never did. It's a long story, but suffice it to say that my parents were not in the least bit surprised.

I mean really, who sits around and talks about their unrealized dreams? Ok well at least I don't.

I call this my mid-life crisis.

2 semesters? Only 2? Do you know something I don't????

It's something I've wanted for 25+ years and just never did. It's a long story, but suffice it to say that my parents were not in the least bit surprised.

I mean really, who sits around and talks about their unrealized dreams? Ok well at least I don't.

I call this my mid-life crisis.
    Congrats! Are you going to law school? If so, you need to know:

1. Pennoyer v. Neff. 'Nuf said.
    2. The Rule Against Perpetuities is as confusing as it is useless.
    3. When reading cases, the dissent is not irrelevant. It's probably what the prof thinks, because they are all smarter than judges. Just ask, they'll tell you.