Page 174 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 741241641721731741751761842242746741174 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 67398

Question Keeping up with the Gordons, Stewarts, etc...

Anyone else having trouble keeping up with the non-Olympic sports? What's going on with baseball?

And WHAT happened with Joe Gibbs Racing & apologies? What's up with that?

Football season coming on?

And who is this Brett Favre dude?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    And who is this Brett Favre dude?
    Brett Favre is a HERO!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Or swam by...
    Nobody swims by the Fish!

Now I will reveal my secret identity: I am Michael Phelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Nobody swims by the Fish!

Now I will reveal my secret identity: I am Michael Phelps!
    Blessed Bovine!!! You look really REALLY young for your age. Didn't know Michael had a daughter entering Emory this fall.

And WHAT happened with Joe Gibbs Racing & apologies? What's up with that?
    Two Nationwide series cars (driven by Tony Stewart & Joey Lagano (sp?)) had some sort of magnet in the engines that hid how much horse power the engines had, giving a very large advantage to JBR.

Yesterday's Sprint Cup Series race was soo disappointing to me,since I am a HUGE Kasey Kahne fan [not bandwagon or because he's cute.. been a fan since Rookie season] and he lost three spots. He has to make the Chase this year. It really agrivates me that he didn't last season when he had the most wins in the series! If he doesn't this year I am pretty sure my head will be driven into the wall

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Bostondevil's definition of the south:

"You know you're in the south when you can get car racing on the radio."

Reminder to all posters, Bostondevil is from the south. She can name 50 current or former NASCAR drivers in 5 minutes or less. It comes with the territory. Although the only NASCAR she ever watches on television is the last 20 minutes or so of the Daytona 500.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Blessed Bovine!!! You look really REALLY young for your age. Didn't know Michael had a daughter entering Emory this fall.
    Yeah, I regret to say that the following chapter in the Miracle of Michael Phelps story will probably be the typical one: arrested on some drug charge, allegations coming to light that he fathered a child out of wedlock (which at first none of us believe, but later turn out to be true), gets in trouble with the law for some shady business dealings, decides to mount a swimming comeback to return meaning to his life which only ends up embarrassing him and us.

I hope I'm wrong, because he genuinely seems like a good kid and a good guy, but I doubt I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Yeah, I regret to say that the following chapter in the Miracle of Michael Phelps story will probably be the typical one: arrested on some drug charge, allegations coming to light that he fathered a child out of wedlock (which at first none of us believe, but later turn out to be true), gets in trouble with the law for some shady business dealings, decides to mount a swimming comeback to return meaning to his life which only ends up embarrassing him and us.

I hope I'm wrong, because he genuinely seems like a good kid and a good guy, but I doubt I will be.
    Well, he already has a DUI under his belt. Not altogether shocking for a former elite athlete college student.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Well, he already has a DUI under his belt. Not altogether shocking for a former elite athlete college student.
    Oh, sure, who doesn't have a DUI these days? Now when a couple of the Bama players were busted for dealing cocaine out of their dorm rooms, that raised some eyebrows. Let's hope for the sake of the Michael Phelps Golden Legacy that he has more horse sense than that.

Red face colchar and Kid Rock

"Wearwolves of London" was part of colchar's signature at one time, in honor of Zevon.

So now I believe I heard Kid Rock sampling WOL to some different lyrics, mixed in with a little "Sweet Home Alabama."

Oy. I think I need a barleywine, devildeac.

I figured colchar had some choice comments for Kid Rock.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Bostondevil's definition of the south:

"You know you're in the south when you can get car racing on the radio."

Reminder to all posters, Bostondevil is from the south. She can name 50 current or former NASCAR drivers in 5 minutes or less. It comes with the territory. Although the only NASCAR she ever watches on television is the last 20 minutes or so of the Daytona 500.

I get NASCAR on the NASCAR channel of my Sirius satellite radio in my car. I'm further north than you, so you must be in the "Deep South".

Billybreen wrote this gem on the EK board, and it occurred to me we'd have a lot more fun with it over here.

My theme for the day is lack of internal consistency. I'm doing well.
    Is anyone else concerned that BB's internals are not consistent?

Discuss.

Obviously, he needs more fiber in his diet...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Billybreen wrote this gem on the EK board, and it occurred to me we'd have a lot more fun with it over here.

Is anyone else concerned that BB's internals are not consistent?

Discuss.
    What does this even mean? Is BB experiencing a discontinuity of logic? How can he tell?

"eat more chicken"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    What does this even mean? Is BB experiencing a discontinuity of logic? How can he tell?
    I believe billybreen was trying out a Zune.

lte

"Wearwolves of London" was part of colchar's signature at one time, in honor of Zevon.

So now I believe I heard Kid Rock sampling WOL to some different lyrics, mixed in with a little "Sweet Home Alabama."

Oy. I think I need a barleywine, devildeac.

I figured colchar had some choice comments for Kid Rock.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    The barleywine comment belongs on the "ymm, beer" thread to pad the total there. There are not that many barleywines available in the summertime, but I have some suggestions or will purchase some if you desire and transport them next month.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Obviously, he needs more fiber in his diet...
    You insensitive clods. You do realize you are talking about someone who suffers from Crohn's Disease, don't you? Talk of internals should not be taken lightly.

You insensitive clods. You do realize you are talking about someone who suffers from Crohn's Disease, don't you? Talk of internals should not be taken lightly.
    Oy, okay, since you put it that way, I guess it's not as funny. I had a roomie w/ Crohn's - bad thing, that.

Now the thought of you with a Zune - that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Oy, okay, since you put it that way, I guess it's not as funny. I had a roomie w/ Crohn's - bad thing, that.

Now the thought of you with a Zune - that's funny!
    I'd rather have Crohn's.

Tee hee!

I'd rather have Crohn's.

Tee hee!
    The girl with colitis goes by...