Page 1763 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 76312631663171317531761176217631764176517731813186322632763 ... LastLast
Results 35,241 to 35,260 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Why would we want to do that? We are much too busy talking about single malt scotch and the best way to cook turkey. Although, to be fair, our turkey cooking discussions did ultimately require a separate thread.

It is not possible that there is a better revenge drink than Laphroaig. Oh wait - that's it! That is exactly what Laphroaig tastes like! Revenge!
    Laphroaig Quarter Cask - that’s the one I want.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Contentious!?! I've seen but a single dissenter.

Seems more a chorus of universal acclamation.
    Wait a second. You mean that these people actually do like turkey and this isn't just some elaborate ruse to mess with me? Honestly, I had never considered that before. Now I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm so disillusioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wait a second. You mean that these people actually do like turkey and this isn't just some elaborate ruse to mess with me? Honestly, I had never considered that before. Now I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm so disillusioned.
    9F shall be your guide post.

The virtual pubs are a monthly “gathering” of DBR posters to get together and explore a style or theme of beer. A monthly volunteer host picks a date for the gathering. It is not a sports-watch party.

This month’s theme is to pick drinks from a place you would like to go vacation if everything was normal and there were no travel/social restrictions. I’d like to go to Italy so I’ll probably be drinking wine. But all beverages, including water, are fine. (May go get som San Pellegrino too).

There is also an hour-long social zoom tomorrow from 4-5 for those who want to have a drink and talk with some other friendly DBR posters. All are welcome, details will be posted on that thread today or tomorrow. Last time FWIW I drank water and was still more than welcomed.

The only rivalry I have on DBR is with the cheating bastards in nauseating blue that exist on the south end of 15-501. I can peacefully co-exist on multiple threads without choosing one over the other. I thought that’s what this site’s format was intended to encourage, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The virtual pubs are a monthly “gathering” of DBR posters to get together and explore a style or theme of beer. A monthly volunteer host picks a date for the gathering. It is not a sports-watch party.

This month’s theme is to pick drinks from a place you would like to go vacation if everything was normal and there were no travel/social restrictions. I’d like to go to Italy so I’ll probably be drinking wine. But all beverages, including water, are fine. (May go get som San Pellegrino too).

There is also an hour-long social zoom tomorrow from 4-5 for those who want to have a drink and talk with some other friendly DBR posters. All are welcome, details will be posted on that thread today or tomorrow. Last time FWIW I drank water and was still more than welcomed.

The only rivalry I have on DBR is with the cheating bastards in nauseating blue that exist on the south end of 15-501. I can peacefully co-exist on multiple threads without choosing one over the other. I thought that’s what this site’s format was intended to encourage, actually.
    Must spread comments... I don't post on the beer thread anymire, but I read it. I find that I am not terribly interested in most of the beers that they talk about, I am a beer traditionalist. There are 4 styles that I absolutely love and I can find variations of those four everywhere I travel and I will have one or two of them at dinner. But I find those guys to be very kind and welcoming and I am bringing back a white whale IPA when I lecture in Louisiana next week that I will share with those yum beer folks who live in northwest North Carolina. I will even try to get a couple to that devildeac character. He seems like a real nice dude.

Must spread comments... I don't post on the beer thread anymire, but I read it. I find that I am not terribly interested in most of the beers that they talk about, I am a beer traditionalist. There are 4 styles that I absolutely love and I can find variations of those four everywhere I travel and I will have one or two of them at dinner. But I find those guys to be very kind and welcoming and I am bringing back a white whale IPA when I lecture in Louisiana next week that I will share with those yum beer folks who live in northwest North Carolina. I will even try to get a couple to that devildeac character. He seems like a real nice dude.
    He is. And a dedicated Duke football fan, which shows you how committed he is to the cause.

NW NC? So... Boone?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He is. And a dedicated Duke football fan, which shows you how committed he is to the cause.
    I am a huge college football fan and love watching games. I would classify myself as "interested" in Duke football but I am really a basketball fan. The two best athletes my dad ever coached both played at Duke. One played basketball and the other played football. So I did get to see George Rogers run all over the Blue Devils in 1980 or so during his Heisman Trophy season I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    NW NC? So... Boone?
    No. My parents went to Appalachian State (how do you pronounce that?), but I would be willing to drive for a Beer Exchange.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    (I don't really view things as contentious, but, they did make fun of us for talking about lawn mowers.)

(I don't really view things as contentious, but, they did make fun of us for talking about lawn mowers.)
    I’ll be honest, I like beer but the depth of analysis and lyrical composition of tasting notes can be a touch silly at times.

I’m pretty sure I once read”...the suds tickled my lips as if kissed by a thousand fairies..”

I should be made fun of at all times. And even sometimes punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’ll be honest, I like beer but the depth of analysis and lyrical composition of tasting notes can be a touch silly at times.

I’m pretty sure I once read”...the suds tickled my lips as if kissed by a thousand fairies..”
    So true.

I much prefer "Laphroaig is the taste of revenge!"

So true.

I loved that line.

No. My parents went to Appalachian State (how do you pronounce that?), but I would be willing to drive for a Beer Exchange.
    Oh, I'm just curious what qualifies as NW NC.

So true.

Straight Hemingway. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oh, I'm just curious what qualifies as NW NC.
    Roughly any area serviced by the Winston-Salem Journal. This is a rough list but give or take.
    Alexander
    Allegheny
    Ashe
    Caldwell
    Davie
    Forsyth
    Iredell
    Stokes
    Surry
    Watauga
    Wilkes
    Yadkin

I would throw in Davidson, Catawba and Rowan, but hell, I'm an inclusive guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Straight Hemingway. Love it.
    NOOOOOOO!! Now I'm crying in my scotch. I hate Hemingway.

If you want to compare me to Fitzgerald though . . .

Reading Hills Like White Elephants makes me want to punch somebody in the face.

I have read enough Hemingway in my life and life is too short to read any more of him.