Page 2424 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 14241924232423742414242224232424242524262434247425242924 ... LastLast
Results 48,461 to 48,480 of 67669
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    He was so drunk he probably thought he was in Gotham.
    I had to key wrassle with a drunk once, not fun, especially since it was a woman.

There may not be a state East of the Mississippi that cracks my "top 10 states for natural beauty" list. I would consider MI, WV, NC, VT and ME but ultimately discard them. Mayyyyybbbbeeeee ME sneaks in. I need to think on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    There may not be a state East of the Mississippi that cracks my "top 10 states for natural beauty" list. I would consider MI, WV, NC, VT and ME but ultimately discard them. Mayyyyybbbbeeeee ME sneaks in. I need to think on it.
    I'm guessing your measure of statehood beauty is inversely proportional to human population? Or maybe, beauty is directly proportional to distance to the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I'm guessing your measure of statehood beauty is inversely proportional to human population? Or maybe, beauty is directly proportional to distance to the horizon?
    Well, I did say 'natural beauty' so your first point is more or less corollary. Perhaps if the ranking was 'natural beauty 400 years ago' some of the Eastern states, with their pristine old growth forests from boundary to boundary might have ranked higher but, today and for me, hard to beat the Western states for natural grandeur and splendor. Not for nothing that when most of the rest of the world thinks of the U.S. our (mostly) Eastern cities and Western vistas spring to mind...

I am Uhtred, son of Uhtred
    Destiny is all
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Back to work?

Nope, I have today off and 7 weeks of vacation next year.

But I thought they left you in charge? No wonder you can’t implement anything.

now you're on probation.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    But I thought they left you in charge? No wonder you can’t implement anything.
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Exactly!!!
    But did you implant anything?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    now you're on probation.
    Hey now, I had your back on that whole listeria business. Vermont 1 in your book?

But did you implant anything?
    I sent a few e-mails that were likely not seen. So the obvious answer to this is yes.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Granted I haven't been to any of the most famous natural landmarks out west (Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone), but I have driven through Texas and Arkansas and Kansas and Missouri and Indiana and Illinois and Colorado and Wisconsin and California and Oregon. (California and Oregon would make my top 10.) Looking out the car window from any place on the highway in Vermont beats any other state I've ever visited. If you want to claim that Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon has more natural beauty than any single location in Vermont, I won't argue. If you want to claim that because Arizona has the Grand Canyon or Wyoming has Yellowstone that the whole state is more naturally beautiful? Nah. All of Vermont is beautiful from the highway, not many states can claim that.

Hey now, I had your back on that whole listeria business. Vermont 1 in your book?
    Nah, can't see us being number one, but I think we merit top 10 consideration...lots of beautiful states out there, California is really tough to beat all in all.

We are tentatively removing your probation (and resuming beer and cheese shipments) since you have shown sincere signs of remorse.

My bill at Lowe's yesterday was $50.50. A day later, I'm still not sure how to feel about that.

My bill at Lowe's yesterday was $50.50. A day later, I'm still not sure how to feel about that.
    Sounds like you could go either way…

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Granted I haven't been to any of the most famous natural landmarks out west (Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone), but I have driven through Texas and Arkansas and Kansas and Missouri and Indiana and Illinois and Colorado and Wisconsin and California and Oregon. (California and Oregon would make my top 10.) Looking out the car window from any place on the highway in Vermont beats any other state I've ever visited. If you want to claim that Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon has more natural beauty than any single location in Vermont, I won't argue. If you want to claim that because Arizona has the Grand Canyon or Wyoming has Yellowstone that the whole state is more naturally beautiful? Nah. All of Vermont is beautiful from the highway, not many states can claim that.
    That's a very good way of putting it. Driving the entire length of the state from I-91 up to I-89 and the Canada border is a great example...

Better than the time I rang up a $6.66 order for someone at the Southpoint Chick-fil-a many years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Better than the time I rang up a $6.66 order for someone at the Southpoint Chick-fil-a many years back.
    Then he clicked his cloven hooves and ran off?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Then he clicked his cloven hooves and ran off?
    I kind of hesitated when I started reading off the total and he quickly interjected to add a small fry.