Page 2331 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 133118312231228123212329233023312332233323412381243128313331 ... LastLast
Results 46,601 to 46,620 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's what I expected. Second shot kicked me hard too.
    I am dreading my booster for exactly this reason. I've never had a bad reaction to a vaccine before the second Pfizer shot, and it was...not pleasant. I'm planning on trying to get a day or two off whenever I am able to schedule my booster just to be safe. Hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I am dreading my booster for exactly this reason. I've never had a bad reaction to a vaccine before the second Pfizer shot, and it was...not pleasant. I'm planning on trying to get a day or two off whenever I am able to schedule my booster just to be safe. Hope you feel better soon!
    Same here. I have my annual physical tomorrow, which will include a flu shot and whatever guidance I need regarding a booster (I will definitely get boosted ASAP, but would prefer not to do it on the same day as my flu vaccine).
    I too was absolutely laid up by vaccine shot #2, and am hoping I won't need to take time off following the booster (though I'm kind of anticipating that that's how things will go).

Rainy, rainy day.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Rainy, rainy day.
    Beautifully sun-drenched, crisp fall weather with a moderate-but-not-stiff breeze here. It's been a glorious fall down here for the last several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Beautifully sun-drenched, crisp fall weather with a moderate-but-not-stiff breeze here. It's been a glorious fall down here for the last several weeks.
    we've had our warmest, most colorful fall I can recall...chillier now, still nice. Fall is a great season.

Before about 7 PM last night, we’d had a solid week of fall days but got hit hard with rain.

We’re headed to the SC coast Saturday for a few weeks so looking forward to that.

I couldn't agree more with this point of view. The Barves' move was a major catalyst, but in the years since then, I've significantly divested myself of sporting allegiances. Less than a year after the Barves turned their coats, the Failcons likewise came with their hand out looking for public money to replace a stadium not nearly old enough to need replacing. So that was, on principle, bye bye Failcons for me as well (a move that ended up being wise, because the Failcons just keep failing).
    I don't watch much football of any kind anymore, in fact, because it's physically disastrous and culturally toxic. I haven't watched the Super Bowl since the Failcons failed in it almost 5 years ago, and I don't watch much college football either (I'll make an exception this year if Georgia actually manages to make the college title game).
    I've been vocal about how my Duke basketball fandom is withering on the vine, because there's so much turnover that I don't feel like I know who the players are and the system is just too disjointed year by year.
    I root for the Hawks because I like basketball and they're very entertaining, but I don't have nearly the emotional investment I once did in my teams.
    I'm an Atlanta United (soccer) season ticket holder and will keep being so for the foreseeable future because 1) They're a good, well-run club, and 2) just as importantly, it's the most diverse and inclusive fanbase and gameday experience I've ever been a part of, by a wide margin.
    But that's it. My level of interest in big-time sports is precipitously lower than it was 5-8 years ago, and it continues to decline annually.
    Maybe you should hang with these gals!

https://www.khou.com/article/sports/...9-01e02cf2fb20

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

Hah, I’ve seen them before and they’re cute. But baseball is just fully dead to me. No need to invite that back into my life. I’ll keep spending my money on national parks and rock & roll.

Hah, I’ve seen them before and they’re cute. But baseball is just fully dead to me. No need to invite that back into my life. I’ll keep spending my money on national parks and rock & roll.
    Somebody with their priorities in order, right here.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post

I might hang out once with them but I wouldn’t make a habit of it.

Thank you, I’ll be hear all week. Tip your waiters.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I might hang out once with them but I wouldn’t make a habit of it.

Thank you, I’ll be hear all week. Tip your waiters.
    Get thee to a punnery with that crap.

Get thee to a punnery with that crap.
    If I go, it might reach critical mass.

(Six shooter hands and wink).

Rush hour through Nashville wasn't fun. It came shortly after a long stretch of stop and crawl traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Rush hour through Nashville wasn't fun. It came shortly after a long stretch of stop and crawl traffic.
    Where ya headed?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Yep. I always tried to time drives through Nashville to miss rush hour. Memphis isn’t much fun, either. Nor is Knoxville.

More hail...

And rush hour traffic in any major metro area is to be avoided.

Atlanta rush hour is great. The taco trucks and mood lighting make for a very festive commute.

sunny day, resume embarrassing search for missing tool, I'm going to be stabbing in the ground with a long knife like a demented person. (tried to find a replacement tool at Lowes yesterday, amazing how out of stock they were on even basic stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    sunny day, resume embarrassing search for missing tool, I'm going to be stabbing in the ground with a long knife like a demented person. (tried to find a replacement tool at Lowes yesterday, amazing how out of stock they were on even basic stuff).
    Supply chain disruptions are still crazy, and if anything seem to be getting worse (again)? I went to get a pint of Ben & Jerry's at the grocery the other night and they didn't have a single one in any flavor, except a handful of non-dairy selections (ick).
    Weird example, I know, but the whole situation is just so broad.

Supply chain disruptions are still crazy, and if anything seem to be getting worse (again)? I went to get a pint of Ben & Jerry's at the grocery the other night and they didn't have a single one in any flavor, except a handful of non-dairy selections (ick).
    Weird example, I know, but the whole situation is just so broad.
    I was driving near one of their production plants the other day and they had lawn signs all over the place looking for employees. It's crazy around here, the state has an official unemployment rate of 2.9%, no one can find anyone, so many restaurants are closed or not open for lunch, starting salaries ratcheting up to lure people.