Page 200 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1001501901981992002012022102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 67393
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thanks to this question, I discovered that I was almost at 100 posts in this thread. You issued a challenge and didn't even know it.
    You taunt! Where are you finding the numbers? I feel so inadequate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    You're never too late on the LTE.

So far we've got:
    Me on the bass
    Bostondevil on piano
    DukieinKansas on the handbells
    Lavabe on the reeds
    DevilAlumna can play piano and sing, and a bit of the violin

YmoBeThere has no rhythm and has not mentioned singing abilities. So I'm thinking roadie.

Can you step in and play the tenor recorder? That sounds pretty awesome. You could also hook up on handbells, that might be sweet to have double the handbell.
    I can add some vocals. I have access to a cowbell, which might fit in better than handbells.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I have a medical condition that the doctors told me if I cut back on caffeine the condition would probably go away. I told them (there were two in the room, I think one was a resident) I only drink one cup of coffee a day. How in the heck does one cut back on caffeine when one is only drinking one freekin' cup a day! Needless to say, I'm taking my chances. Will try another method of treatment that isn't so drastic. Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the condition is not life threatening. And, I don't drink tea or soda.
    Have you looked into other sources of caffeine in your diet? I'm surprised at some of the things that have caffeine. Unfortunately, chocolate has a small amount of caffeine. I could never give that up.

I hope you can find another method of treatment so you can keep your coffee and chocolate.

Alien head egg shaker doohickeys are fun! If you can play that, and the hand bells at the same time then we'll start to have some semblance of a rhythm section.
    Do you remember the scene at the beginning of The Jerk with Steve Martin's character trying to clap and stomp at the same time? I'm kind of like that.

I do chuckle every time the egg shaped shaker with the alien face on it is used in church. I have to resist the urge to remove the face. (I did, however, remove the embroidered Crown Royal from the purple bag holding the 30 pieces of silver during Lent.)

You taunt! Where are you finding the numbers? I feel so inadequate.
    On the OTB Forum page listing all of the threads, you can put your mouse over the lefthand column to see how many posts you have. On the replies column, double clip on the number and it will open a window listing all of the the posters and the number of posts.

Do you remember the scene at the beginning of The Jerk with Steve Martin's character trying to clap and stomp at the same time? I'm kind of like that.

I do chuckle every time the egg shaped shaker with the alien face on it is used in church. I have to resist the urge to remove the face. (I did, however, remove the embroidered Crown Royal from the purple bag holding the 30 pieces of silver during Lent.)
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH, how could I forget the Jerk. That's such a great opening scene. I've actually tried to clap and stomp off rhythm, and can't.

Now, stop trying to avoid my earlier question and kindly tell me where you're finding the number of posts by each user.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH, how could I forget the Jerk. That's such a great opening scene. I've actually tried to clap and stomp off rhythm, and can't.

Now, stop trying to avoid my earlier question and kindly tell me where you're finding the number of posts by each user.
    DOH! I wrote my message and then saw your reply.

On the OTB Forum page listing all of the threads, you can put your mouse over the lefthand column to see how many posts you have. On the replies column, double clip on the number and it will open a window listing all of the the posters and the number of posts.
    Sweet! Thanks DukieInKansas. I now no longer feel inadequate.

Ahh, yeah, poor Navin. Listening to the blues always makes him sad. but then he hears that music he can dance to -- "If this is out there, think of what ELSE is out there!" And off he goes to find his special purpose. It's a lovely story, really.

Maybe you, DiK, just need to find your special purpose. (And when you do, see a doctor and get rid of it. )

Sweet! Thanks DukieInKansas. I now no longer feel inadequate.
    You're welcome. Now, can you explain why the battery in my laptop lasts for a less time each time I use it?

What the... ?!

How do I have more posts in here than the king of PWS, DD? (Or his LTE-drafting compatriot, Fish?) Yoinks...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Ahh, yeah, poor Navin. Listening to the blues always makes him sad. but then he hears that music he can dance to -- "If this is out there, think of what ELSE is out there!" And off he goes to find his special purpose. It's a lovely story, really.

Maybe you, DiK, just need to find your special purpose. (And when you do, see a doctor and get rid of it. )
    I'm not sure about the special purpose, but I do have my lamp. (If I'm remembering things correctly. I'm really bad at movies.)

I'm not sure about the special purpose, but I do have my lamp. (If I'm remembering things correctly. I'm really bad at movies.)
    And a thermos, and that's all I need. Oh, and this book of matches. And that's all I need. Oh, and this paddle-ball game. This paddle-ball game, this book of matches, and my thermos, and that's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    And a thermos, and that's all I need. Oh, and this book of matches. And that's all I need. Oh, and this paddle-ball game. This paddle-ball game, this book of matches, and my thermos, and that's all I need.
    Keep an eye out for the phone books - it's always exciting when they come in.

And is it the Coke machine that they hate and shoot at?

You're welcome. Now, can you explain why the battery in my laptop lasts for a less time each time I use it?
    Sure. Batteries don't last forever. As they age, their cells lose their storage capacity. Less storage = faster discharge. You can also read about Voltage Depression on wikipedia.

Funny, I didn't put you as the proud owner of a Linux server.

Funny, I didn't put you as the proud owner of a Linux server.
    Not me. I still miss DOS. I don't necessarily need all the graphics, etc. that use up space and memory.

Not me. I still miss DOS. I don't necessarily need all the graphics, etc. that use up space and memory.
    hehe, sorry I nerded out on you pretty obscure. LAMP = Linux, Apache, MySQL, php. This also meets my requirement for the 11:00 PM/2:00 AM post.

It's midnightish and I'm crashing, passing the baton to the LTE'er. It was fun drafting wit DiK tonight but now I must take a nap.

I think we made it...FWIW one post in each hour for 24 hours. Obvious subject to instant replay.