Page 199 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 991491891971981992002012092492996991199 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 67668

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I've tried giving up coffee, obviously it didn't work. Honestly, I drink the one cup, sometimes two for that pick me up in the morning. How did you survive your insomnia without having that cup of coffee in the morning? That is a serious question, what did you do to survive?
    In Atlanta, there's a great tea shop called Teavana. The blends and varieties they have are fantastic. I rapidly replaced the smell of coffee with the smell of these teas. That helped. I was able to replace the taste with different tastes, including my now-favorite rooibos chai. Secondly, the side effects were so bad, that I really didn't want to go back to it. Thirdly, the music voice teacher at the school had been very insistant that to preserve our voices, we needed to rehydrate quite often, even more if we drank coffee. Having a cardiologist brother in-law was also probably pretty important, as he saw when I had a bad reaction to a Starbuck's drink. Finally, I just got it through my thick skull that I simply didn't have an option. It was not worth living through those attacks.

Call it being scared or simple will power, I don't know. Once I made the decision, I had no looking back.

I drank coffee ever since I was four, and I love southern tea. I just know now that these don't love me.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. Now my biggest worry is waking up early and posting before my trivia neurons get firing. Jimmy Dean/Jerry Reed ... same guy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The way practice goes sometimes - definitely! You really miss ringers when they can't make it to practice.
    Cool! Another ringer! I'll second what you said - it's amazing what a difference one part can make.

I'm a bit late in the musical instrument discussion, but I play handbells, piano, and tenor recorder (I was in an ensemble).

Devildeac, did you realize that you're only 5 posts behind Billybreen in this thread? At your current rate you can pass him pretty soon!

lte

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Back at you...once a PW, always a well you get the idea.
    I thought you were going to bed. What are you still doing PW'ing at this time of night?

lte

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Devildeac, did you realize that you're only 5 posts behind Billybreen in this thread? At your current rate you can pass him pretty soon!
    Sshh, try not to disturb him. EJ has him locked/handcuffed/sedated in his basement. Fish80 has also helped tremendously, even though he's not obsessed with his post count on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ...Jimmy Dean/Jerry Reed ... same guy, right?
    Jerry Reed was in 'Smokey and the Bandit.' Jimmy Dean was not. Clearly not the same guy.

I'm a bit late in the musical instrument discussion, but I play handbells, piano, and tenor recorder (I was in an ensemble).
    You're never too late on the LTE.

So far we've got:
    Me on the bass
    Bostondevil on piano
    DukieinKansas on the handbells
    Lavabe on the reeds
    DevilAlumna can play piano and sing, and a bit of the violin

YmoBeThere has no rhythm and has not mentioned singing abilities. So I'm thinking roadie.

Can you step in and play the tenor recorder? That sounds pretty awesome. You could also hook up on handbells, that might be sweet to have double the handbell.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    YmoBeThere has no rhythm and has not mentioned singing abilities. So I'm thinking roadie.

Can you step in and play the tenor recorder? That sounds pretty awesome. You could also hook up on handbells, that might be sweet to have double the handbell.
    I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handbell!

I got to have more handbell!

Kinda crazy how the phrase, "gotta have more cowbell" is now in the cultural lexicon, isn't it? I LOVE it!

I'm working tonight, so I can carry this thread on for a bit longer -- I'll be in the office at least until midnight PDT.

Maybe one of those posts, I'll figure out how much ground we've made up on BB. Y'all have really picked up the posts in the past two days -- VERY impressive work.

Cool! Another ringer! I'll second what you said - it's amazing what a difference one part can make.

I see a cross state duet in our future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handbell!

I got to have more handbell!
    How sweet would it be to have Christopher Walken be the LBE (Largest Band Ever) Sound Engineer? Something to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Kinda crazy how the phrase, "gotta have more cowbell" is now in the cultural lexicon, isn't it? I LOVE it!

I'm working tonight, so I can carry this thread on for a bit longer -- I'll be in the office at least until midnight PDT.

Maybe one of those posts, I'll figure out how much ground we've made up on BB. Y'all have really picked up the posts in the past two days -- VERY impressive work.
    I'm part of a quartet that is going to lead music at a gathering in 2 weeks. As we were putting things away after practice, I discovered that we have a cowbell available in the closet behind the chancel area. I can't believe we haven't found a way to work it into the music. you can always use more cowbell.

I can't believe we haven't found a way to work it into the music. you can always use more cowbell.
    Perhaps you can take this mission upon yourself.

Hey, off topic question for ya'll.

I've seen folk talk about the number of posts in a thread by a specific user but I cannot, for the life of me, find this statistic. Where are you getting these numbers?

I've seen folk talk about the number of posts in a thread by a specific user but I cannot, for the life of me, find this statistic. Where are you getting these numbers?
    Double click on the number of replies on the line with the thread title on the page listing the threads.

Perhaps you can take this mission upon yourself.
    I will try - but I discovered with the alien head egg shaker doohickey (sp?), I can't always sing and play a rhythm instrument at the same time.

It's a good thing I don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Thanks to this question, I discovered that I was almost at 100 posts in this thread. You issued a challenge and didn't even know it.

I will try - but I discovered with the alien head egg shaker doohickey (sp?), I can't always sing and play a rhythm instrument at the same time.
    Alien head egg shaker doohickeys are fun! If you can play that, and the hand bells at the same time then we'll start to have some semblance of a rhythm section.

You have set me off on my first attempt at PWing. I'm procrastinating on typing minutes from a finance meeting to try to get over 100 posts.