Smile Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads in DBR land! Enjoy your special day.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Thanks! How are you guys spending yours?

I'm spending mine barbecueing a 7 lb pork butt. The kids got me the 6th season of the Simpson's on DVD, we'll watch that, and see if Tiger can win the Open.

Thank you!

I'm currently enjoying my first, sitting here reading DBR, with my 7 week old sleeping on my chest. Today is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm spending mine barbecueing a 7 lb pork butt.
    You really shouldn't talk about your kid like that!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You really shouldn't talk about your kid like that!
    HA!...actually this is my second dad's day. They are my stepkids, moved in with us last year..I became insta-dad to two teenagers. Been very rewarding so far, for both parties. If they're good today I'll let them do the hard part and pull the pork .

Father's Day

Good day so far. Took my dad out to lunch (he's 88!) and he paid. Now, my 2 "girls" (yea, right, girls-they are 25 and 19) are preparing dinner for me. I will report back on the menu later. I get to relax, watch some of the US Open, and then walk off my dinner later when my wife (she did a wonderful job with all 3 of our children) returns from her 4 day vacation.

Question On the menu ...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Good day so far. Took my dad out to lunch (he's 88!) and he paid. Now, my 2 "girls" (yea, right, girls-they are 25 and 19) are preparing dinner for me. I will report back on the menu later. I get to relax, watch some of the US Open, and then walk off my dinner later when my wife (she did a wonderful job with all 3 of our children) returns from her 4 day vacation.
    What brew did they select?

Father's Day

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Menu report:

Salad-mixed greens with tomatoes (non-salmonella variety), carrots, cukes, croutons, bacon bits, feta cheese and raspberry vinegarette (sp?) dressing.

Main course-honey nut chicken

veggie-barbecue succotash (corn, black beans, red pepper, onions and KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce)

dessert-make your own cookie/ice cream sandwiches

beverage-water (I am on call this weekend so no brews-insert sad face here)

What a wonderful pair of daughters we raised (and, of course, again, my wife gets most of the credit-insert wink here)!

I hope this post meets DA's approval as she "warned" me at #1990 that my next two posts had better be "worthy." (wink here so I don't put too many emoticons in one post).

Father's Day

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    What brew did they select?
    See devildeac post #1992 (heh-heh) below. No brews as I am on call. Brews tomorrow.
    Last edited by devildeac; 06-15-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Technicality-post is actually below Lavabe's but above this one

Thanks

I spent the day watching NASCAR, and sleeping, both from my recliner.