Page 2790 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 17902290269027402780278827892790279127922800284028903290 ... LastLast
Results 55,781 to 55,800 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Neighbors somewhat confined to quarters as mother bear and three large cubs have taken over their yard due to fruitful apple trees...dog barked a few times then retreated.
    Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm fairly certain they are supposed to get between the mother and her cubs. I don't recall where I read this, but I think bears like that.
    This is exactly right. You should also feed bears so they associate humans with positive things like food and not negative things like no food.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Why do all the buildings in Vancouver look the same? It’s like they had just one architectural firm design the whole city.

Otherwise, a nice place. Hope you have time to enjoy it.

-jk
    Miami is that way. I sort of think of it as an architectural variation on the same theme in those cities. I think it's related to the fact that those are fairly new cities from a tall building perspective. Saskatoon is the exact same way although who in the hell would know that other than me?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Pictures?

This is exactly right. You should also feed bears so they associate humans with positive things like food and not negative things like no food.
    I was pretty sure I was right. But I'm always pretty sure I'm right since I am a slightly below average white guy. I couldn't be more confident, as is standard for our people.

my wife did find herself between a mother and her two cubs (maybe three?) a month ago but she failed to serve them food. I do have nice videos of the neighbors' bears in action, have no idea how to get them from my iPhone to here since I am old and confused.

The Atlanta airport has the worst TP. I refer to it as "John Wayne". Rough and tough and won't take no s...tuff off nobody.

The Atlanta airport has the worst TP. I refer to it as "John Wayne". Rough and tough and won't take no s...tuff off nobody.
    Keep an eye out forLarry Craig.

Keep an eye out forLarry Craig.
    I too have a wide stance.

You do realize there is a John Wayne airport in Burbank? Whoops, Orange County.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You do realize there is a John Wayne airport in Burbank? Whoops, Orange County.
    I have been through there in the last couple of months. Watched an Angels game with dozens of other people while I was there. Did get to see Ohtani pitch and hit. Trout was out. They played KC and those teams are soooooo bad that if you combined their wins they would only be up 5 on the Dodgers.

Rational political discourse is back!!!!!!! I'm sweaty!!!!!!

just got my flu shot and Covid Fancy Booster at the same time, but I think different holes were required. Essentially no tears whatsoever. Had to start a second Covid shot card, eventually those things might be as long as the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    just got my flu shot and Covid Fancy Booster at the same time, but I think different holes were required. Essentially no tears whatsoever. Had to start a second Covid shot card, eventually those things might be as long as the Dead Sea Scrolls.
    They just flipped mine over and added it to the back on mine. Next one I'll need a new card.

Sushi dushi.

Sushi dushi.
    Korean bbq for me

Korean bbq for me
    Big Korean presence in Vancouver?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sometimes you get dealt ... cards.
    So, this week was annual check up week for my cats. Unfortunately, two were diagnosed with cancer. Grant, the soon to be 15 year old male, has been with me through 3 states, 2 apartments and 2 houses. He has greeted me home after an East Region semi shellacking by Villanova in 2009, Final Four wins and an NCAA title in Indy in 2010, Sweet Sixteen and Elight Eight wins in Houston en route to a 2015 title, and a Final Four appearance in the Big Easy in '22. On the football side, an exciting but ultimately a Sun Bowl loss in 2014. He will be around for a bit longer, 4-6 months is the current prognosis, but his cancer is fairly unusual: 1 in up to 30k vaccinated cats get it and it is fairly aggressive.

Mary, the most recent addition to the family, recently turned ten. Born with limited eyesight due to microopthamalia, she has been a Texan for life. She does share my allergies to mountain cedar. More of a Vandy fan she has been with me through 2 baseball titles and two runner ups, a couple NCAA basketball appearances and 3 bowl appearances. And of course two bowling titles (Hail Pinman). She is always the first to remind me when it is dinner time and loves to be pet after to aid the digestion process. Her cancer is a bit more common and current prognosis is 1-2 years.

I'm sorry to hear about this diagnosis for the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this diagnosis for the two of them.
    Yes same sentiments here. Losing pets stink and seems like such a gratuitous reminder that life in this form is finite. I’m sorry you’re having this tough go of it and Seemingly timed to coincide with the holidays All the best.

In Moscow you get torn up pages of Pravda if you are really lucky.

I had given up on my plan to launch a new brand of TP. But you have solved my marketing conundrum for me Coming soon to your local Bed, Bath & Beyond: True Grit!