Page 2781 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 17812281268127312771277927802781278227832791283128813281 ... LastLast
Results 55,601 to 55,620 of 67383
    Got a thread locked, ehhh?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    What brought you there?

-jk
    There was this white light...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Got a thread locked, ehhh?
    Not my post directly but I probably got the ball rolling. Actually thought it was going okay at first.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Not my post directly but I probably got the ball rolling. Actually thought it was going okay at first.
    Ahh, the proverbial, what could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ahh, the proverbial, what could go wrong?
    It’s not my fault the Tiger ate someone, I just flicked it in the balls while he was napping.

It is for the best, hope it stays shut. I think the incident has been vetted pretty thoroughly by now, and all that is left is PPB discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It is for the best, hope it stays shut. I think the incident has been vetted pretty thoroughly by now, and all that is left is PPB discussion.
    Yeah.

BTW, thanks for taking me down the internet wormhole with the Irish Twitter shout out. That was something.

I'm a fan of 3-Year Letterman twitter. Top tier trolling.

There is a fun little Hot 🔥 take in the QE2 thread that was posted. Damn I hope it starts a fight. I'm pretty much a bomb thrower, so I respect the post. Also I struggled with only 1 class in school. The bourgeoisie.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    There is a fun little Hot 🔥 take in the QE2 thread that was posted. Damn I hope it starts a fight. I'm pretty much a bomb thrower, so I respect the post. Also I struggled with only 1 class in school. The bourgeoisie.
    Yeah, I decided to post my personal experience in this thread to leave that one be --- but, my Scottish inlaws are very pro Scottish independence and hate the monarchy. They'll be up here this weekend and are in a very celebratory mood. Fully expect my father-in-law to say some things that would make many a folk clutch their pearls.

Yeah, I decided to post my personal experience in this thread to leave that one be --- but, my Scottish inlaws are very pro Scottish independence and hate the monarchy. They'll be up here this weekend and are in a very celebratory mood. Fully expect my father-in-law to say some things that would make many a folk clutch their pearls.
    And I'm someone who thinks that the American Revolution was a mistake and we would have avoided the American Civil War if we paid the stamp and tea taxes for a few more years. And independence would have come anyway in the fullness of time. But my real problem with us declaring independence is we would have dominated The Commonwealth Games. DOMINATED.

And I'm someone who thinks that the American Revolution was a mistake and we would have avoided the American Civil War if we paid the stamp and tea taxes for a few more years. And independence would have come anyway in the fullness of time. But my real problem with us declaring independence is we would have dominated The Commonwealth Games. DOMINATED.
    and you'd be doing jumping "union" jacks instead of pushups!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    and you'd be doing jumping "union" jacks instead of pushups!
    This is funny: I saw a meme yesterday of a guy who had his entire home covered in confederate flags. The caption: "What it would look like if genies lived in cans of dip".

Yeah.

BTW, thanks for taking me down the internet wormhole with the Irish Twitter shout out. That was something.
    To quote Chris Rock, “I’m not saying it’s right — but I understand.”

Being Irish is getting slapped for something your grandfather did. Long memories and bitter histories.

Now THAT is a hot little take. Hah!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I won’t post any here out of respect, but I recommend searching #IrishTwitter for how some are marking the occasion for those interested.
    There is one video that was recorded in January as a response to the request "how about doing Queen (the band) in front of Buckingham Palace?" It was not recorded as a response to recent events.

Now THAT is a hot little take. Hah!
    And I'm not an Anglophile. I don't give a whit about the monarchy. Just terrified of nationalism and believe that our particular brand of it led to the perpetuation of slavery that would have been avoided had we stayed under the commonwealth.

I posted a link in the RIP thread to a story from one of the Queen's bodyguards about an encounter she had with some American hikers. She had a delightful sense of humor.

Drinking from a firehouse.

A phrase that is used WAY too much.

Drinking from a firehouse.

A phrase that is used WAY too much.
    Never heard that one. Now a firehose, on the other hand...