Page 1798 of 3385 FirstFirst ... 79812981698174817881796179717981799180018081848189822982798 ... LastLast
Results 35,941 to 35,960 of 67684
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ugh. I know those folds.

*Cue flashbacks from big store retail days*
    I asked for (and received) a shirt folding board thingy for Christmas. Sad, or practical?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    I asked for (and received) a shirt folding board thingy for Christmas. Sad, or practical?
    do the shirts have buttons? I just realized I haven't worn a shirt with buttons in over a year, that there is a true fact.

Ugh. I know those folds.

In the early 1970s I was assistant manager at The Suit Outlet on the outskirts of Chapel Hill, I know all the folds, plus my boss was a ranking Klan member who invited me to one of their "meetings."

You've come to the right place. Practical.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    In the early 1970s I was assistant manager at The Suit Outlet on the outskirts of Chapel Hill, I know all the folds, plus my boss was a ranking Klan member who invited me to one of their "meetings."
    I assume it was super inclusive.

do the shirts have buttons? I just realized I haven't worn a shirt with buttons in over a year, that there is a true fact.
    My witty comeback was going to be that I haven't worn a shirt in over a year, but that's neither true nor acceptable.

And yes, buttoned and non-buttoned. I mainly use it when I pack for travel for work. Now that I haven't done in over a year.

My witty comeback was going to be that I haven't worn a shirt in over a year, but that's neither true nor acceptable.

And yes, buttoned and non-buttoned. I mainly use it when I pack for travel for work. Now that I haven't done in over a year.
    And you were just here for the Mitch Hedberg quotes...

Ugh. I know those folds.

We called it the "Gap fold". The clear plastic boards were stashed under random piles of shirts on display. I kept my blue GAP badge when I stopped working there. I figure it might come in handy at Halloween.

We haven't seen Bundabergdevil all day. Must be having an awful day at work.

we had a nice vacation in February 2020 on which I took about ten nice buttonable shirts, haven't worn one since...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I assume it was super inclusive.
    I told him I appreciated the offer but...(he had to beat around the bush for about five minutes before I realized exactly what "club" he was in...)

I told him I appreciated the offer but...(he had to beat around the bush for about five minutes before I realized exactly what "club" he was in...)
    There really aren't that many segues into gauging someone's interest in racist/neo Nazi organizations I suppose.

There really aren't that many segues into gauging someone's interest in racist/neo Nazi organizations I suppose.
    No, there are not. The conversation began with some innocuous phrase like "a bunch of us are getting together tomorrow and I thought you might want to come."

No, there are not. The conversation began with some innocuous phrase like "a bunch of us are getting together tomorrow and I thought you might want to come."
    Ha! Inappropriately vague. Seems like the Bataan Death March of conversational transitions to end that thought with "...and burning crosses." in any real, concise way.

Question: If I'm doing such an exemplary job of hiding out from COVID, how did I catch a cold?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Question: If I'm doing such an exemplary job of hiding out from COVID, how did I catch a cold?
    Because while hiding out may be effective against 99.9% of hospitalizations and deaths from the common cold, it's efficacy is much lower with regards to mild cases.

And that's how you end up selling Amway...

We haven't seen Bundabergdevil all day. Must be having an awful day at work.
    First time onboarding remotely.

Pros:
    Sweatpants
    Checking on grandma/baby
    Family lunch

Cons:
    Are the people and company I'm working for even real?
    30 Minute Teams Intros all day long for the next 2 weeks
    I'm working on a ping pong table in the basement. Need to solve that. I have a nice family desk on the main floor but that's where grandma/baby are. Wife is in the bedroom office on 2nd floor. You can't put baby in the corner but you can put daddy in the basement, apparently. As soon as the weather gets nice, I'm moving to the 3 season room with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

I'm glad I brought a thermometer into the office a while back. It has convinced me that I'm not warm due to a fever. It currently reads 85 degrees. I'm thinking that is why I'm warm rather than a fever. Everyone else feeling warm/hot also helps convince me it isn't a fever.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

Are the people and company I'm working for even real?
    If the check clears, it’s real enough.