Page 1796 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 79612961696174617861794179517961797179818061846189622962796 ... LastLast
Results 35,901 to 35,920 of 67658
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    My husband could dunk back in the day.

My athletic claim to fame was running a quarter mile in under a minute. I could do Russian jumps too (jump up and touch my toes).
    I am now laying here wondering if I can still do those Russian toe touches. Something tells me I am going to stupidly attempt one tomorrow. The regret is already building.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am now laying here wondering if I can still do those Russian toe touches. Something tells me I am going to stupidly attempt one tomorrow. The regret is already building.
    Help is just a button away.

(Keep your phone close.)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Help is just a button away.

(Keep your phone close.)
    Yep. I am going to pre-dial 9-1 so all I have to do is hit 1 again and press send when the "unpleasantness" happens.

First day of the new job. I shall don my best sweatpants and watch the Wolf of Wall Street clip where McConaughey beats his chest before my onboarding meeting so that I am mentally prepared.

And then I’m “going” to a 2-day virtual conference. I like to play with my dog on virtual conferences so that’s nice. I also think I get to see Al Gore’s house if the onboarding meetings don’t interfere with the keynote zoom. Maybe he’ll have the same problem that BBC interviewee had but it’ll be bio-plastic. He better be bearded though.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    First day of the new job. I shall don my best sweatpants and watch the Wolf of Wall Street clip where McConaughey beats his chest before my onboarding meeting so that I am mentally prepared.

And then I’m “going” to a 2-day virtual conference. I like to play with my dog on virtual conferences so that’s nice. I also think I get to see Al Gore’s house if the onboarding meetings don’t interfere with the keynote zoom. Maybe he’ll have the same problem that BBC interviewee had but it’ll be bio-plastic. He better be bearded though.
    Hahaha! Happy first day at work!

Congrats!

My brush with political royalty was when I lectured in Maine (we all thought each other talked funny) and Barbara Bush sat in on about 5 minutes of my talk.

My brush with political royalty was when I lectured in Maine (we all thought each other talked funny) and Barbara Bush sat in on about 5 minutes of my talk.
    I high fived GHWB when he came to the AFB in Texas I lived on for a few years in the 80s.

Was working for a bi-partisan lobby shop in 2004 when Bush was re-elected. Boss was a former GHWB staffer and had tickets for the area where the POTUS and VP walk to WH Had an uncomfortably long and close eye lock with Cheney. It’s like he knew what I was thinking, which was not very kind to Cheney.

I high fived GHWB when he came to the AFB in Texas I lived on for a few years in the 80s.
    Fantastic! I did not share my voting history with her. I did find her to be regal.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks much!

If I post frequently today, you’ll know it’s going well...😂

At Humane Society with two kittens I trapped last night. Lousy pictures as well it was dark out and I was focused on the transport.

Was working for a bi-partisan lobby shop in 2004 when Bush was re-elected. Boss was a former GHWB staffer and had tickets for the area where the POTUS and VP walk to WH Had an uncomfortably long and close eye lock with Cheney. It’s like he knew what I was thinking, which was not very kind to Cheney.
    My wife was working admin in a restaurant many years ago and sent me an email (textong wasn't really a thing) telling me how ridiculous it was that this one guy looked just like H. Ross Perot.

You can guess how the story ends.

should have our first maple sap run in the next day or two...but Sugarhouse Weekend is a no go again this year (for those of you planning to attend), second consecutive cancellation...no meatballs in maple sauce, no sugar on snow.

Gerald Ford almost ran me over in a golf cart.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'll go out in the driveway and try one for you. I already know I can still do cartwheels and I know how to properly warm up to attempt such a thing. I'll get back to you. If I can't do it, you can assume that you can't either.

But not today, the high is only in the 20s today. We're supposed to get up into the 50s maybe even 60s by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    At Humane Society with two kittens I trapped last night. Lousy pictures as well it was dark out and I was focused on the transport.
    You are awesome. Kittens are lucky to have you find them.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Gerald Ford almost ran me over in a golf cart.
    Is your middle name Milhouse?

You would think working at Harvard all these years (and meeting multiple Nobel Prize winners), that I'd have a good story or two about politicians I have met, but, no, not really although I did shake Joe Kennedy's hand at a parade one time when he was my Representative.

decades I took my dog for a walk on a leash on a dark night, was surprised to suddenly find a large cat directly under her, was more surprised when it turned out to be a skunk. Ugly situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'll go out in the driveway and try one for you. I already know I can still do cartwheels and I know how to properly warm up to attempt such a thing. I'll get back to you. If I can't do it, you can assume that you can't either.

But not today, the high is only in the 20s today. We're supposed to get up into the 50s maybe even 60s by the end of the week.
    This both made me laugh out loud and pissed me off some. That means it was a great post.