Page 1681 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 68111811581163116711679168016811682168316911731178121812681 ... LastLast
Results 33,601 to 33,620 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I made a New Years resolution to stop making cougar jokes. So, here I am, 25 days in standing on the precipice staring into a black pit and you come along like King Leonidas about to kick me into it...
    Pride goes before the fall...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Pride goes before the fall...

-jk
    Oooooooh, that is good. Can’t spork but would spork.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And tigers and bears, oh my! We aren't in Kansas any more, Toto.
    Wait, I'm not?

I'm so confused!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Wait, I'm not?

I'm so confused!
    D Nink?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    D Nink?
    It’s early...

It’s early...
    I know. Headed to Nashville.

I know. Headed to Nashville.
    Lived there from '99 - '03

Lived there from '99 - '03
    One of my favorite places to go. I hate the country bars but I have found a couple of small bluegrass venues that are fire. And a great food city. No bluegrass this time but some outdoor dining after my lectures are finished.

One of my favorite places to go. I hate the country bars but I have found a couple of small bluegrass venues that are fire. And a great food city. No bluegrass this time but some outdoor dining after my lectures are finished.
    I once met the love of my life in a Nashville country joint. Except we didn’t meet. She was singing on stage and I was standing in the crowd, a smear of barbecue sauce on my cheek, farting in my sweatpants and then moving a few feet away so no one knew it was me. Don’t remember her name so don’t know if she “made it” but she had a little Allison Krauss thing going on. Pretty sure she was singing just for me. I think we would have had an epic love affair, lots of strawberry wine and long, deep conversations about whether scientists will ever determine where pepper comes from.
    Last edited by bundabergdevil; 01-26-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I once met the love of my life in a Nashville country joint. Except we didn’t meet. She was singing on stage and I was standing in the crowd, a smear of barbecue sauce on my cheek, farting in my sweatpants and then moving a few feet away so no one knew it was me. Don’t remember her name so don’t know if she “made it” but she had a little Allison Krauss thing going on. Pretty sure she was singing just for me. I think we would have had an epic love affair, lots of strawberry wine and long, deep conversations about whether scientists will ever determine where pepper comes from.
    Awfully early for peyote.

In the day? Or in life?

I remember a peyote and saguaro cactus story from when I was a teenager in Arizona.

I remember a peyote and saguaro cactus story from when I was a teenager in Arizona.
    2b89b98e67e76de7-600x338.jpg
    Let's go Duke!

Is it that good of a story if you can remember it?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Do mountain lions count?

Or catamounts?

-jk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    amen-to-that.jpg

Is it that good of a story if you can remember it?
    The best peyote stories are remembered. Vividly.

So I am told.

Someone was posting about Richard Feynman a few weeks ago. In one of his books, he talks about an experiment he conducts on himself with psychedelic drugs. I have not conducted similar experiments on myself but have some family members who lived quite literally at the corner of Haight and Ashbury who have shared some stories, some that sound genuinely interesting and a few that sound troubling. I guess with anything, if I could eliminate the risk of a bad experience or negative effects, I'd be interested in trying it out. Now, excuse me, I have to go pick up a six pack and cheeseburger.

^ one needs a competent tour guide for such pursuits. https://aeon.co/essays/how-psychedel...nd-off-despair

Numerous studies are being conducted at prestigious schools and hospitals including NYU, Johns Hopkins and UCLA with terminal cancer patients (among others).

Not worth getting too deeply into this, but much has been written about how Timothy Leary (inadvertently) drove serious research about psychedelics from respectability in the 1960s. Michael Pollan's How To Change Your Mind is a solid book which gets into a lot of this.

My first psychedelic was my junior year at college. For my birthday friends gave me a tab of acid and third row tickets to a Return to Forever concert (Stanley Clarke on bass and Chick Corea on keyboards, simply amazing musicians). The music is fantastic of course (in all senses of the word), and doubly so in my state. But halfway through the mike stands start bending like one of those inflatable tube guys, I become convinced the drummer is getting furious at his bandmates and realize that Chick is controlling the world from his keyboard! Then I made my worst mistake -looking behind me and seeing the hundreds (thousands! in my mind) of people who came in after I had sat down, all staring at me and all obviously knowing I was tripping. I had to get out so I convinced my friends to leave with me halfway through the concert.

So then me and my close friend, who is also tripping decide to go on a midnight walk through the grounds of the beautiful Prospect Gardens, accompanied by a stoner classmate (high af, like always, but not on acid). At one point my friend and stoner are getting into a heated argument about a newly released album, my friend attacking and the stoner defending. Finally stoner says “Ok, I’ll admit it has its ups and downs.” My friend immediately replies, “It’s not a matter of topography John — it’s just a I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. album.”

Still one of the funniest lines Ive heard in my lifetime. And one of the great nights of my life.

Good morning, all!