Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke Football Season Tickets Sold Out

For the first time in nearly a decade, Duke has sold out it's allotment of season tickets, meaning only single-game tickets are available. Of course, Alabama fans had a little impact on these numbers, and you have to be an Iron Duke to even buy single-game tix to that Bama game.

Still, the excitement around the program is palpable and impressive.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/08/...-sluggish.html

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    For the first time in nearly a decade, Duke has sold out it's allotment of season tickets, meaning only single-game tickets are available. Of course, Alabama fans had a little impact on these numbers, and you have to be an Iron Duke to even buy single-game tix to that Bama game.

I had heard that yesterday from a couple friends but didn't have a source to confirm it yet. Thanks.

Another tangible example of great improvements in Duke's football PROGRAM, resulting in enhancements to every relevant element of the program. What wonderful news for Duke, for the players and coaches, and for the Trustees, senior administrators and alumni who have focused on realizing such improvements for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post

Not only are the season tickets sold out, the ticket office has started a wait list.

G r e a t n e w s !

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Not only are the season tickets sold out, the ticket office has started a wait list.

Yes, this is the best possible news for DUKE FOOTBALL. I remember in my mid-to-late teens going to (then) DUKE STADIUM, and watching Don Altman, Dean Wright, Tee Moorman, Joel Arrington, Walt Rappold, Gil Garner... then later the great Scotty Glacken, Mike Curtis and All-American Jay Wilkinson. In those days you could not find an empty seat -- fond memories !

Good Luck to Coach Cut and the Devils this fall !!

Does anybody know how many season tickets are in that allotment? Just curious.

Good news, but I hope that translates into butts in the seats for the games. Alabama fans and ticket scalpers who prey on Alabama fans may have scarfed up a lot of those tickets, which will sit in someone's desk drawer, unused.

FYI, they are adding bleachers in the end-zone. If you are an Iron Duke, the tix just went on sale at 5:00.

Got my tix, ready to watch us shock the world!

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    Good news, but I hope that translates into butts in the seats for the games. Alabama fans and ticket scalpers who prey on Alabama fans may have scarfed up a lot of those tickets, which will sit in someone's desk drawer, unused.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. People could get the family 4 pack seaosn tickets for just $50 more than just 4 tickets to the Alabama game. So if you wanted tickets to the Alabama game, it made good sense to go ahead and buy the season tickets. You could go to a couple more games and sell your tickets to another game to get your $50 back. Which could translate to a few game tickets not being used or sold.

However, if the teams plays as well as I/we hope they do, enthusiasm may fill the seats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    FYI, they are adding bleachers in the end-zone. If you are an Iron Duke, the tix just went on sale at 5:00.

Got my tix, ready to watch us shock the world!
    Me, too. Now, who is setting up the DBR tailgate party?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Now that's just crazietalk...

I was able to meet some fine posters at the Wake game last year at the tailgate. Still owe DiBD thanks for inspiring me to wander over there.

What time will the team walk start for a 3:30 game?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Now that's just crazietalk...

CTNBanner.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Weezie - If you are coming to the Alabama game, please stop by the above tent. I'd love to meet you - and any others on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was able to meet some fine posters at the Wake game last year at the tailgate. Still owe DiBD thanks for inspiring me to wander over there.

What time will the team walk start for a 3:30 game?
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    1. About 1 PM.
    2. You're outta hand.(LMAO)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Weezie - If you are coming to the Alabama game, please stop by the above tent. I'd love to meet you - and any others on the board.
    Yes, please do. For any games you're coming to.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I have season tickets this year, so I'll be at most of the games. I'll be sure to check you guys out.

I received my tickets in the mail the other day for the Alabama game. My father and I have not stopped talking about the game. Last year we went to the VT game and we sat in hostile territory. This year we will be on the shaded side and can't wait to see the Duke Blue around us. If it wasn't for DBR my father and I would not be attending the game as a very generous poster allowed me to purchase the tickets through him. The upset of the century will be a great one to attend. Go Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Nashville View Post
    I received my tickets in the mail the other day for the Alabama game. My father and I have not stopped talking about the game. Last year we went to the VT game and we sat in hostile territory. This year we will be on the shaded side and can't wait to see the Duke Blue around us. If it wasn't for DBR my father and I would not be attending the game as a very generous poster allowed me to purchase the tickets through him. The upset of the century will be a great one to attend. Go Duke!
    Have a great time..and enjoy the shade (when it finally gets to you). There will be lots of crimson in Wallace Wade that day, so any and all blue will be needed!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    2. You're outta hand.(LMAO)
    DD, I get the impression that Chris is quite often on the verge of being outta control While I don't have season tickets, I will be attending as many football games as my son's soccer game schedule allows and we'll definitely drop by to see the Brunchgate crew. As it turns out, he and I will be able to attend the Bama game. I'm embarrassed to admit that although I've been a rabid Duke fan since I was a kid, I've never been an Iron Duke...until now. I'm proud to say that I've finally taken the plunge (about time) and as a result, was able to score a couple of tickets to our game against Saban's boys. Needless to say, I'm very excited to see where we stand in relation to the defending national champions. I'm ready to get down and dirty with the Tide But first, let's take care of more immediate matters at hand...like the Elon Phoenix. "One game at a time" should be our mantra.

Go Devils!