Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Pies

Ymm, Pies

Why the heck not?

I've got several favs but, if sentenced to a dessert island, oops, desert island, I'm going to demand one of my wife's chocolate chip pecan creations.

Whatcha got?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Key lime.

I'm not huge for sweets, but a tasty tart key lime is a lovely thing.

Fortunately it is also very easy to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Key lime.

I'm not huge for sweets, but a tasty tart key lime is a lovely thing.

Fortunately it is also very easy to make.
    You named this one just cuz of your buddy, wheat, amirite?

I'd take one of those, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You named this one just cuz of your buddy, wheat, amirite?

I'd take one of those, too.
    Nope. Been a fan of the key lime since I was a little tyke.

Peach, blueberry, or apple. Must be served hot and with a lot of high quality vanilla ice cream. After eating a slice, it's best to pick off and enjoy crust from the rest of the pie dipped in filling. Any concern about future pie eaters should not be entertained.

PEA-can pie
    or
    puh-CON pie
    or
    PEE-cun pie

Whatever you call it, it's tasty. Even better with a little bourbon in it.

bourbon_pecan_pie-whole.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    PEA-can pie
    or
    puh-CON pie
    or
    PEE-cun pie

Whatever you call it, it's tasty. Even better with a little bourbon in it.

bourbon_pecan_pie-whole.jpg
    PEA-cans are for truck drivers.

2nd most important question I have asked today: is cheesecake really pie? I would argue yes, but I will accept the views of the thread.

Apple. Hot or cold.

If cheesecake counts (I would vote no on that), then it would be my choice.

Assuming it doesn't, I'm with rsvman: Banana cream, with plenty of (real vanilla) whipped cream on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    2nd most important question I have asked today: is cheesecake really pie? I would argue yes, but I will accept the views of the thread.
    Followup question, is flourless chocolate cake really a cake, a pie or a mistake?

Strawberry-Rubarb pie

Too many to choose but if limited to one - pumpkin pie, day after turkey (sorry, ClemmonsDevil) dinner. Pumpkin pie with plenty of whipped cream for breakfast! I am my mother's daughter!

I can still hear my Aunt Jan's voice telling everyone to be sure to save a piece of pie for Aunt Shirley for the morning.

🔥If any of the cream pies are pies, then so is cheesecake.

Cheesecake is not pie, hence the name - CAKE

We just polished off a sweet potato pie. Next will be a tangerine chess pie, simply b/c I have a bag of tangerines that need to be eaten soon so I can spare a few.

I also love cherry pie and chocolate chess pie. Not the Angus Barn kind, but the kind with the texture of a real chess pie. Angus Barn chocolate chess is good but more fudgy than a chess pie should be. Just sayin'.

I have a recipe for a chocolate bourbon PEE-CAN pie that I have not yet tried. Must do this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Cheesecake is not pie, hence the name - CAKE

We just polished off a sweet potato pie. Next will be a tangerine chess pie, simply b/c I have a bag of tangerines that need to be eaten soon so I can spare a few.

I also love cherry pie and chocolate chess pie. Not the Angus Barn kind, but the kind with the texture of a real chess pie. Angus Barn chocolate chess is good but more fudgy than a chess pie should be. Just sayin'.

I have a recipe for a chocolate bourbon PEE-CAN pie that I have not yet tried. Must do this soon.
    You ain't parking on a parkway or driving in a driveway either. Don't get bogged down in the semantics. Cheesecake is misappropriately named. There is no batter of any kind in a Cheesecake. I would posit that the presence of batter is an integral element of cake. And Cheesecake IS on a pie crust. Again, an integral part of inclusion into the pie category. Now if we want to agree that Cheesecake exists in a delicious and previously undefined nether realm between cake and pie, I can agree. It ain't cake.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You ain't parking on a parkway or driving in a driveway either. Don't get bogged down in the semantics. Cheesecake is misappropriately named. There is no batter of any kind in a Cheesecake. I would posit that the presence of batter is an integral element of cake. And Cheesecake IS on a pie crust. Again, an integral part of inclusion into the pie category. Now if we want to agree that Cheesecake exists in a delicious and previously undefined nether realm between cake and pie, I can agree. It ain't cake.
    No batter?!?!? Have you EVER made a cheesecake? The batter consists of cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. You POUR THE BATTER into a springform CAKE PAN. It's cake, deal with it.

And, by the way, I have a long driveway that I DRIVE down every day.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    No batter?!?!? Have you EVER made a cheesecake? The batter consists of cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. You POUR THE BATTER into a springform CAKE PAN. It's cake, deal with it.

And, by the way, I have a long driveway that I DRIVE down every day.
    You're out if your element here Donny. Flour is required for there to be a batter. What you just described is a filling.

Cheesecake is basically a custard filled pie and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Cheesecake is basically a custard filled pie and I love it.
    You are a genius.