Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Zion's Baaaaccckkk

c'mon. At least put something relevant in the thread title.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    sorry my post didn't meet your standards

"Report: Zion Williamson to make NBA debut Thursday"
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    It's in the board decorum to provide context to links:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...519#post423519
    1200. DDMF.

Here’s what Thursday is going to look like:

Link

Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    Hey, it's the standards of DBR and he's right to take ownership of said standards. I thought the link was gonna be to an article on a definitive timeline for Wendell's return.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Agree.

Hey, it's the standards of DBR and he's right to take ownership of said standards. I thought the link was gonna be to an article on a definitive timeline for Wendell's return.
    That was my concern. Given Wendell's situation, this could easily apply to him, which makes the title very click-baity.

I get the excitement about Zion (heck, I'm still trying to find a time to go see him play in the league!), but this board is still primarily focused on the current duke team, and as such, it seems reasonable to assume a post like this would be about a current rather than a former player. Normally a former player returning from injury in the league wouldn't warrant a stand-alone post to begin with, as we have a dukies in the NBA thread.
    1200. DDMF.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I thought it might be something a little more divine.

Monk.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Glad to hear I wasn't alone in thinking this, haha. That said, I'm still pretty darn excited to finally see Zion play in the league.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I thought it might be something a little more divine.

Monk.jpg
    St francis, PA?
    1200. DDMF.

Any chance we see this game

Any chance this game gets an "upgrade" somehow to, I dunno, Fox Sports South or one of the ESPN Networks?

Can ESPN even show basketball on ESPN/ESPN2 on a Thursday night? I would think TNT would have some Thursday exclusivity in their agreement with the league.

Maybe just frequent live look-ins during TNT's coverage of the Celts/Bucks game during the same time slot (the Pels game is being covered on League Pass)?
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

That was my concern. Given Wendell's situation, this could easily apply to him, which makes the title very click-baity.

I get the excitement about Zion (heck, I'm still trying to find a time to go see him play in the league!), but this board is still primarily focused on the current duke team, and as such, it seems reasonable to assume a post like this would be about a current rather than a former player. Normally a former player returning from injury in the league wouldn't warrant a stand-alone post to begin with, as we have a dukies in the NBA thread.
    ok...i see what you mean. i apologize for being such a (--redacted--)!
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 01-14-2020 at 09:45 AM.

I assume the thread title has been changed, but now I'm left wondering what it was originally because the entire thread has been almost exclusively about the old title. Was it just "He's Baaaacckkk ..." instead of "Zion's Baaaaccckkkk ...?"

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I assume the thread title has been changed, but now I'm left wondering what it was originally because the entire thread has been about the old title. Was it just "He's Baaaacckkk ..." instead of "Zion's Baaaaccckkkk ...?"
    Yep.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I assume the thread title has been changed, but now I'm left wondering what it was originally because the entire thread has been almost exclusively about the old title. Was it just "He's Baaaacckkk ..." instead of "Zion's Baaaaccckkkk ...?"
    This is actually a meta-thread -- just discussion about thread format, not about the substance.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Well, I for one am shickled titless by the news. Zion's been the most fun I've had watching a basketball game in a while and I'll be tuning in to a lot of Pelicans games just to watch him. I can't say that for any other recent NBA player save for play-off Lebron, Steph, and KD.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This is actually a meta-thread -- just discussion about thread format, not about the substance.
    That's cool. We have a Dukies in the NBA thread for the substance. I was just confused how someone thought a "Zion's Baaaaccckkk ..." thread could be about Wendell Carter or Jesus (now I get it). At least now there's context for anyone else who stumbles in here late like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    If I post about meta-threads, would it become a meta-meta-thread? 'Cause that would be cool.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    If I post about meta-threads, would it become a meta-meta-thread? 'Cause that would be cool.
    Go for it!!
    Sage Grouse