Page 780 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 28068073077077877978078178279083088012801780 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Quarts, not half gallons! And it was Schrafft's, not Breyer's nor Hershey's. Coffee Ice Cream. Always coffee.
    Oops, sorry. About the half gallons, that is. I couldn't remember Schrafft's, either. Wasn't sold in our area.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Good luck! Sorry we can't make it down in person. If I send you a self-addressed stamped envelope, can you fill it with que and send it back?
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Good luck! Sorry we can't make it down in person. If I send you a self-addressed stamped envelope, can you fill it with que and send it back?
    Send one to OPK, too. He'll fill his with some kind of 'taters. DinK's good for gravy.

And, to the TBCC, best of luck.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wow...up to 70 teams. We've never faced that many. Increases our odds of not coming in dead last!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Send one to OPK, too. He'll fill his with some kind of 'taters. DinK's good for gravy.

And, to the TBCC, best of luck.
    I've got mashed taters on the grill right now. It's all in the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wow...up to 70 teams. We've never faced that many. Increases our odds of not coming in dead last!
    More people to look down on when you're on top of the pile. Good luck! Dry rub, or sauce?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    More people to look down on when you're on top of the pile. Good luck! Dry rub, or sauce?
    I use both for my pork, and I inject it as well, often with a fruit juice. The cookoff we took 3rd place I injected it with peach.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I use both for my pork, and I inject it as well, often with a fruit juice. The cookoff we took 3rd place I injected it with peach.
    That'd taste good in one of your home brews, too. The peach juice, that is, not the pork juice.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That'd taste good in one of your home brews, too. The peach juice, that is, not the pork juice.
    Barbecue Beer? Bacon Beer? Sounds good to me!

So this competition is KCBS! Very nice, best of luck!! I watch BBQ Pitmasters fairly often and have visited with Q BBQ, which was founded by Tuffy Stone. They have 4 restaurants in our area and I'm going to try to be their 5th located in my brewpub. Looking for the right building.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    So this competition is KCBS! Very nice, best of luck!! I watch BBQ Pitmasters fairly often and have visited with Q BBQ, which was founded by Tuffy Stone. They have 4 restaurants in our area and I'm going to try to be their 5th located in my brewpub. Looking for the right building.
    We love that show, but haven't competed against any of them. Tuffy's team Cool Smoke was in Rocky Mount the year prior to us entering. It is a Damn requirement at every Damn competition that we quote Myron "Damn" Mixon as often as we Damn can. Because that is just Damn fun.

I don't care for pumpkin-flavored food/drink items. Pumpkin seeds are ok, but I stop there. All this pumpkin beer, pumpkin lattes, blah blah... no thank you. I don't like pumpkin pie, either.

Needed to post here again just because I haven't in a while. And I want to pad my post count just in case the counts disappear with the new software... I lost more than I have now when this iteration first appeared. devildeac? He'd be in the millions if the old ones still counted!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

"We love that show, but haven't competed against any of them. Tuffy's team Cool Smoke was in Rocky Mount the year prior to us entering. It is a Damn requirement at every Damn competition that we quote Myron "Damn" Mixon as often as we Damn can. Because that is just Damn fun."

Damn, that's just Damn funny

How y'all planning on doing ur ribs? Not a bad idea to have one slab (about 4 ribs) with dry rub and one wet, judges like that, but it must be obvious that's exactly what you've done, to differentiate the two. I sometimes take notes from that show. One of the female competitors is from Chesapeake and she knows what she's doing. I'm hoping to go down there and meet her.

I googled her restaurant only to find it's closed. Damn that. http://hamptonroads.com/2013/07/wood...sapeake-closes

Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Needed to post here again just because I haven't in a while. And I want to pad my post count just in case the counts disappear with the new software... I lost more than I have now when this iteration first appeared. devildeac? He'd be in the millions if the old ones still counted!
    I'm honored and humbled you would post that Ozzie but I don't think I posted that much with the old software.

Trader Joe's has an excellent pumpkin bar mix which I've already made 4x this season-have added craisins to it as well as pecans and toffee. Maybe I'll just add those three to my brown ale this week (oops just hijacked a thread.

Someone needs to tell BostonDevil that if this thread does not survive, start a new LTE on the new format.

I have been thinking of retiring OPK and starting over, so if I do not see y'all on the other side it's been a blast.

--OPK

Someone needs to tell BostonDevil that if this thread does not survive, start a new LTE on the new format.

I have been thinking of retiring OPK and starting over, so if I do not see y'all on the other side it's been a blast.

--OPK
    Nooooo! That'd be like going from senior partner to part-time window washer in a prestigious legal firm. And, yes, of course, every employee/part of the organization is important.

Plus, then Chatbot would have to find someone else to hate. But that's just crazietalk...

Trader Joe's has an excellent pumpkin bar mix which I've already made 4x this season-have added craisins to it as well as pecans and toffee. Maybe I'll just add those three to my brown ale this week (oops just hijacked a thread.
    Add pumpkin puree and some cranberry juice. If New Belgium can do it then you can certainly try...

How y'all planning on doing ur ribs? Not a bad idea to have one slab (about 4 ribs) with dry rub and one wet, judges like that, but it must be obvious that's exactly what you've done, to differentiate the two.
    At our second contest, one of my teammates asked me if I was going to do the same thing for my pork that I did the first time, since it took 3rd place. My answer was "I have no idea what I did the first time".
    Many teams have their formula down that they don't change from; contest after contest they do the exact same thing. Hard to fault them if it wins money, but...it's kinda boring. We are going to do 4 - 6 racks of ribs, and choose the best for turn ins. Same with everything else. I'll do 4 butts, and step the times that they go on the grill, and we are doing 2 briskets the same way. That way we'll have a nice selection.
    If we win, and you ask me next contest what we did, most likely I'll say "I have no idea". If we come in dead last...I'll make sure to remember.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

--OPK
    I'll tell her.