Page 768 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 26866871875876676776876977077881886812681768 ... LastLast
Results 15,341 to 15,360 of 67662
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You autumn be more careful about seasonal puns.
    Why not season all puns? I like them spicy.

You folks all March to a different drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Are you suggesting that we suffer from March Madness?

I think he May be doing just that!

You autumn be more careful about seasonal puns.
    I guess it should come as no surprise to have you spring that on me.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I think he May be doing just that!
    Summer or later you'll get to my favorite season.

Chatbot is mean. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Chatbot is mean. Just saying.
    Darn straight. Better defense than the heels!

Darn straight. Better defense than the heels!
    Shoulda been ejected for multiple intentional and flagrant fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Message to those that smoke:
    DON'T! It's disgusting and I'm tired of putting up with people who do.

And DinK, sounds frightening. Glad all went well.

Prop 8 Ruling

My first contribution to the "Longest Thread Ever" 'Tis an honor.

Prop 8 arguments currently being heard in front of the SCOTUS. Should be interesting to see what they say, (or if they even decide to take a stance at all)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilinNYC View Post
    My first contribution to the "Longest Thread Ever" 'Tis an honor.

Prop 8 arguments currently being heard in front of the SCOTUS. Should be interesting to see what they say, (or if they even decide to take a stance at all)
    1. Congrats on your first post in the LTE!

2. Being in law school in CA, this was all the talk today. I'm currently writing a paper that's due Monday, so I'll be reading the transcript/listening to the arguments next week (for fun, and that's something I NEVER imagined I'd do before law school). From what I've heard though, my terribly under-informed opinion is that SCOTUS is going to issue a fairly unsatisfying decision all around... (I'll stop there so as not to delve into PPB territory). Just interesting discussions at school, especially in light of some of the justices' questions/comments today.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    1. Congrats on your first post in the LTE!

2. Being in law school in CA, this was all the talk today. I'm currently writing a paper that's due Monday, so I'll be reading the transcript/listening to the arguments next week (for fun, and that's something I NEVER imagined I'd do before law school). From what I've heard though, my terribly under-informed opinion is that SCOTUS is going to issue a fairly unsatisfying decision all around... (I'll stop there so as not to delve into PPB territory). Just interesting discussions at school, especially in light of some of the justices' questions/comments today.
    As someone who has had a case in the S Ct. -- you will go broke guessing on what they will do by the questioning. Who called the Affordable Healthcare Act (a/k/a "Obamacare") case right?

I have no idea what they will do. I have my druthers, but that is clearly PPB material. I will suggest though that, no matter the outcome, the S. Ct. is much less political than the media from both sides likes to portray. At least most of the members.

As someone who has had a case in the S Ct. -- you will go broke guessing on what they will do by the questioning. Who called the Affordable Healthcare Act (a/k/a "Obamacare") case right?

I have no idea what they will do. I have my druthers, but that is clearly PPB material. I will suggest though that, no matter the outcome, the S. Ct. is much less political than the media from both sides likes to portray. At least most of the members.

Touche. And I'm probably going to look up your case now... or before I go to sleep tonight.

Touche. And I'm probably going to look up your case now... or before I go to sleep tonight.
    Quoting myself. Classic LTE.

Found it. (patting myself on the back...)

Quoting myself. Classic LTE.

Found it. (patting myself on the back...)
    I was at a hearing recently, and thought I really had a winner by finding the judge's prior published opinion in a case on point. When I started reading from it, he slammed his fist on the bench and said "don't quote me to me!" Then he ruled against me.

So sleep well.

Yeah turning this into a political discussion was not my intention. Just wanted to comment on the situation and kind of hoped it would divulge into a talk about the SCOTUS/Lawyer-ing stories that would carry the thread for another 5 posts or so.

Mission accomplished, I suppose

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilinNYC View Post
    Yeah turning this into a political discussion was not my intention. Just wanted to comment on the situation and kind of hoped it would divulge into a talk about the SCOTUS/Lawyer-ing stories that would carry the thread for another 5 posts or so.

Mission accomplished, I suppose
    Thanks for being careful about this. Discussions about how the Supreme Court works, experiences there, and so forth are fine - and might make good material for their own thread, rather than being buried here on page 377 of the LTE - but crossing into actual PPB territory would be an issue.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Thanks for being careful about this. Discussions about how the Supreme Court works, experiences there, and so forth are fine - and might make good material for their own thread, rather than being buried here on page 377 of the LTE - but crossing into actual PPB territory would be an issue.
    At the risk of sounding like a total dummy, would someone please tell me what PBB stands for?

This seemed like a perfect thread to ask this question.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a total dummy, would someone please tell me what PBB stands for?

This seemed like a perfect thread to ask this question.
    Sorry! PPB = Public Policy Board. DBR used to have a Public Policy Board, in addition to the King, Off-Topic, and Ticket Exchange boards. We found that it was nearly impossible to keep posts within the guidelines of civility we try to maintain here, so we were forced to shut it down some time ago.

So, now, public policy discussions are not allowed, as stated in our Posting Guidelines:

Some topics have a history of being so inflammatory and unhelpful we'll delete them or lock them without warning and sometimes without comment. There used to be Public Policy Board (PPB) here, and due to increasingly contentious posts, the PPB was shut down. To avoid such contention, any public policy discussion may be shut down, particularly if it is not revolving around some major current event or it becomes partisan. In a similar vein, the Duke Lacrosse hoax of 2006 will not be rehashed here. If you’re new here, we’ll issue a warning; if you’ve been around a while and you ought to know better, we’ll not hesitate to issue an infraction.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”