Page 269 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1692192592672682692702712793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 67398
    Yes, indeed, timing is everything! Time to head home from work to start a big posting frenzy!

56 pickup sticks 78 lay them straight...

that was a reference to your prior post being your 678th

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    56 pickup sticks 78 lay them straight...

that was a reference to your prior post being your 678th
    9, 10, a big fat hen!

Trust me: if anyone around here knows chickens, it's me. My family had a huge laying hen operation (we're talking 18,000 chickens), so I've gathered more than my fair share of eggs. As an added bonus, I worked in the local Tyson plant for 2 summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    When I usually answer the door, I bring along my male gorilla skull.

Fish could use the raccoon skull.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    My brother-in-law goes all out for Halloween. He really goes all out on decorating the house and then dresses up to hand out candy. As a result, their house is one of the cool houses.

I'm the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Do you quote Hamlet? For some reason I picture him holding a skull during his soliloquey (sp?). I'm probably wrong on that - I guess I should see/read Hamlet sometime.
    If you're talking about the, "Alas, poor Yorick!" speech, I've seen it performed with Hamlet holding the skull. In fact, my copy of Hamlet says that he takes the skull before beginnning the soliloquy. (I had to look up the spelling of Yorick and found out the later info as a bonus.)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm the opposite
    So, you don't decorate the house and don't answer the door (or manage to not be home) in order to avoid trick-or-treaters? That's my strategy these days! Being in an apartment building helps.

I knew you were too smart not to figure that out. Perhaps the two of us can take on BillyBreen while EJ has him locked in the basement.
    You know, that idea has a lot of merit. We draft off each other (and anyone else willing to help), pad our post counts, and we both stay in the top 10. IIRC, we only have to post about 60 or 70 times in order to do it. So, what do you say, DiK? Are you in? Bell ringers, unite!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Trust me: if anyone around here knows chickens, it's me. My family had a huge laying hen operation (we're talking 18,000 chickens), so I've gathered more than my fair share of eggs. As an added bonus, I worked in the local Tyson plant for 2 summers.
    Tweet!

I'm calling fowl here

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Tweet!

I'm calling fowl here
    Very punny. Trust me, though, you don't hear many "tweets" in a chicken house filled with 18,000 of those filthy creatures. It's a sound that can best be described as a constant hum or murmur.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    You know, that idea has a lot of merit. We draft off each other (and anyone else willing to help), pad our post counts, and we both stay in the top 10. IIRC, we only have to post about 60 or 70 times in order to do it. So, what do you say, DiK? Are you in? Bell ringers, unite!
    I'll chime in on this suggestion. Let's get ahead of BillyBreen before he gets free.

Tweet!

I'm calling fowl here
    Tweet!

I'll blow the whistle on you for laying a bad pun on us.

Tweet!

I'm blind! I'm deaf! I wanna be a ref!

I'll chime in on this suggestion. Let's get ahead of BillyBreen before he gets free.
    Good plan! So, fellow bell ringer, how do you like Cynthia Dobrinski's handbell arrangements? We're doing one of her pieces for Christmas.

a great read!

I just finished reading one of the most amazing books: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. It's about a family that moves from Georgia to the Belgian Congo (now Zaire) in 1959 to be missionaries. The author does a great job of describing the family's adaptation (or lack thereof) to their environment. I also learned a lot about African history and culture. Great, great book.

Tweet!

I don't know feather or not I can take much more of this.

Ahh, the punnery is back in business where is Fish80 for this?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Shakespeare quiz, does anyone know who Yorick was? No cheating, enter your guess before you go read the play.

Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio.

I don't know feather or not I can take much more of this.
    I flew away from the internet for a while - but it sounds like you are trying to egg me into a pun contest.