Page 1430 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 4309301330138014201428142914301431143214401480153019302430 ... LastLast
Results 28,581 to 28,600 of 67658
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, perhaps. He was having symptoms, which is why he got tested.

Good news, my test came back negative!

Great news!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Hooray!

My potential August production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, brought to you by the unofficial group Spaced Out Shakespeare, hopefully coming to a backyard near me with a few invited audience members has, so far, a Puck/Hippolyta, a Helena/First Fairy, and a Titania/Snug the Joiner (me). Helena has also jumped on board as the choreographer of fairy magic since we are going to be practicing social distancing in this production as much as we possibly can, the reason the actors can't get near each other will be fairy magic. Rehearsals on Zoom with an element of improv when we are actually performing. Face coverings when the actors are in the wings, but we will be taking the risk of no face coverings while the actors are "on stage".

Virtual fist bump explosion!

Sigh, having to think way too much lately.

That's exhausting.

Handed off the analysis dataset today for the project I've been working on. I'm done for now. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Handed off the analysis dataset today for the project I've been working on. I'm done for now. Finally.
    Does that mean lots of free time?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Does that mean lots of free time?
    Yes.

I can see why that is good news (and congratulations) but I find myself (in my circumstances since I don't own a business like you)thinking I might even be happier to find out I've got a very mild case of the virus. As they say, once you've got it, you can stop worrying about getting it (we hope).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I can see why that is good news (and congratulations) but I find myself (in my circumstances since I don't own a business like you)thinking I might even be happier to find out I've got a very mild case of the virus. As they say, once you've got it, you can stop worrying about getting it (we hope).
    I was conflicted about this too, but until we know for sure that having had the virus means you are "safe," I will continue to avoid it and hope not to contract it.

That is the great unknown. If I could with certainty get a very mild case of the virus, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing right now. But no one can guarantee that which is why I'm trying very hard to not get it.

That is the great unknown. If I could with certainty get a very mild case of the virus, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing right now. But no one can guarantee that which is why I'm trying very hard to not get it.
    We have good reason to believe that my wife contracted the virus in London in February, as she came down with almost all the symptoms three days after we got home...she was sick as a dog...though I had no illness myself.
    We'd love to know if she has the antibodies, but the tests are so inconclusive that there's no point (which is why we couldn't get a test performed anyway).

Have to assume we haven't been infected, so The Great Staycation continues...

Just added Disney+ to the lineup.

Just added Disney+ to the lineup.
    So much good content on there. Any ideas on where you'll start?

We have good reason to believe that my wife contracted the virus in London in February, as she came down with almost all the symptoms three days after we got home...she was sick as a dog...though I had no illness myself.
    We'd love to know if she has the antibodies, but the tests are so inconclusive that there's no point (which is why we couldn't get a test performed anyway).

Have to assume we haven't been infected, so The Great Staycation continues...
    My wife and I both had all the Covid symptoms in early February too for about a week. A rough 4-5 days.
    I haven’t been tested but she has and her antibody test came back negative. Doc said there was a strong flu going around with similar symptoms as Covid and that was likely what we had.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    So much good content on there. Any ideas on where you'll start?
    Not sure really, may have to phone a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    My wife and I both had all the Covid symptoms in early February too for about a week. A rough 4-5 days.
    I haven’t been tested but she has and her antibody test came back negative. Doc said there was a strong flu going around with similar symptoms as Covid and that was likely what we had.
    You might already know this, but from what I understand it is quite possible to have been infected (and still be infected) with the Covid-19 virus and yet have a false negative antibody test. I’m not necessarily advising to retest; it’s just an FYI.

It’s unfortunate that the tests aren’t more reliable. Hopefully, more accurate tests will be available soon. The best case scenario is that the results were indeed accurate and your wife was not infected with Covid-19 (nor you either). Sincere best wishes to the two of you during these trying times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I have heard these same words from so many people. The fact is, there was a lot of crap going around this winter. I would imagine (just my opinion) that the chances of your having had COVID-19 in early February are pretty slim. I think if all those people DID have it, it would have spread a lot earlier and a lot faster around the country than it did.

Blueberry muffins this morning.