Page 1721 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 72112211621167117111719172017211722172317311771182122212721 ... LastLast
Results 34,401 to 34,420 of 67755
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That and they're Scottish.
    Which clan?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Which clan?
    Mom is Stewart. Pretty sure dad is MacDonald.

Hmm, neither a part of Clan Chattan.

You are trapped on a desert island. Through some weird quirk, everyday from the heavens one meal will be delivered to you on this island. The caveat is this is going to be delivered everyday for the rest of your life. You can't change it ever, but it will be delivered without fail every day. So what would your meal be? And it can be a single item or a full-course meal. You have to maximize deliciousness, because you will eat this every day for the rest of your life, as well as nutritional value. You are trapped on a desert island and we will assume you have fresh water but everything else you would have to forage for. Obviously this is the most important question history.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You are trapped on a desert island. Through some weird quirk, everyday from the heavens one meal will be delivered to you on this island. The caveat is this is going to be delivered everyday for the rest of your life. You can't change it ever, but it will be delivered without fail every day. So what would your meal be? And it can be a single item or a full-course meal. You have to maximize deliciousness, because you will eat this every day for the rest of your life, as well as nutritional value. You are trapped on a desert island and we will assume you have fresh water but everything else you would have to forage for. Obviously this is the most important question history.
    For some reason Babe’s Chicken House in Roanoke Texas was the first thing to pop in my mind.

For some reason Babe’s Chicken House in Roanoke Texas was the first thing to pop in my mind.
    So everyday for the rest of your life? Is that enough sustenance? I am going 14 oz ribeye, loaded baked potato, roasted brussels sprouts, roll and a salad. Keto is a first world luxury. This is balancing taste and calories.

So everyday for the rest of your life? Is that enough sustenance? I am going 14 oz ribeye, loaded baked potato, roasted brussels sprouts, roll and a salad. Keto is a first world luxury. This is balancing taste and calories.
    Is that enough sustenance? Hah! Oh, man...they serve family style fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed corn, the biscuits (w/ honey or molasses) of my youth, and I seem to remember a green or salad or some other thing that quickly got pushed aside in the rush for the good stuff.

Why, in your desert island scenario, would you specify such a small oz size for your ribeye?

Look at these bisquits, CD. LOOK at them!

hero-roanoke.jpg biscuits.jpg

CREAMY(!) peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, with a big glass of milk.

(Sorry OPK)

Is that enough sustenance? Hah! Oh, man...they serve family style fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed corn, the biscuits (w/ honey or molasses) of my youth, and I seem to remember a green or salad or some other thing that quickly got pushed aside in the rush for the good stuff.

Why, in your desert island scenario, would you specify such a small oz size for your ribeye?

Look at these bisquits, CD. LOOK at them!

hero-roanoke.jpg biscuits.jpg
    1. Perfect choice by you
    2. You have to be able to consume all in one meal.
    3. I would make sweet love to that chcken and biscuits with my face
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 02-12-2021 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    CREAMY(!) peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, with a big glass of milk.

(Sorry OPK)
    Reported.

(And must spread Sporkz . . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Reported.

(And must spread Sporkz . . . .)
    I do love that on this thread we use the "Reported" threat for turkey and peanut butter. That is always funny to me. Every time.

I do love that on this thread we use the "Reported" threat for turkey and peanut butter. That is always funny to me. Every time.
    Those are the famous “DBR Standards” to which we all adhere.

I've maybe reported five posts in fourteen years.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Those are the famous “DBR Standards” to which we all adhere.
    I also like that this group acts exactly the same regardless of the thread. I believe the non-LTE crowd which came to the "Wager" thread found that exceedingly annoying. Which means I feel like we were doing a good job. There is no thread that we can't bend to our agenda of discussing absolutely nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've maybe reported five posts in fourteen years.
    I try to skate so close to the edge that I have to weigh whether or not to self-report.

I also like that this group acts exactly the same regardless of the thread. I believe the non-LTE crowd which came to the "Wager" thread found that exceedingly annoying. Which means I feel like we were doing a good job. There is no thread that we can't bend to our agenda of discussing absolutely nothing at all.
    To be fair, discussing Duke basketball hasn't been very fun for the last 12 months.

To be fair, discussing Duke basketball hasn't been very fun for the last 12 months.
    I have deep thoughts about this. I have a group I discuss Duke hoops with and it isn't on DBR.

I have deep thoughts about this. I have a group I discuss Duke hoops with and it isn't on DBR.
    Well, if you wanted to share, this would appear to be an appropriate forum.

I've mentioned a time or two - I am just not nearly as sports-centered right now. Hard to be as invested. I believe I would feel this way if Duke were top ten and vying for a high seed.

Well, if you wanted to share, this would appear to be an appropriate forum.

I've mentioned a time or two - I am just not nearly as sports-centered right now. Hard to be as invested. I believe I would feel this way if Duke were top ten and vying for a high seed.
    Assuming we don't die, I will buy you a beer in Asheville and we can discuss sometime.

Homemade lasagna (meat sauce), salad (the works), garlic bread.