Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    What a bloodbath our league experienced last night (including me).

Better luck tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

Better luck tonight!
    I too took a bath. I’m done, -5150. 🙃

Good luck to all still in it.

Misery Loves Company

Better luck tonight!
    Glad I was not alone. In my state of depression last night (Picked mostly losers and put 500 on them; and picked WCU to cover against Wake Forest, and put 200 on that one) I went in at 500 against the spread on the challenge games for tonight. Fear I might soon be in the red, headed toward the dreaded -5,000 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is back! Time for our college hoops picking contest! As always, you go to Covers.com to make your picks. Details on signing up is right here. The Password to enter the group is GoDuke.

https://contests.covers.com/OfficePo...0-a98f00deda09
    Contest Name: DBR ACC Hoops contest (pre-conference season)
    Access Password: GoDuke

As in past years, you make wagers of between 100 and 500 units and can bet on both the line as well as the over/under. YOU MAY ONLY PICK GAMES INVOLVING ACC TEAMS!! So, if you pick the Kansas-MSU game, you will automatically lose (and if you win you will have to make enough wagers to lose that amount x2, which is a lot harder than it looks). Everyone starts at 0 dollars and you can keep on betting until you get to -5000 in losses. Once you hit -5000, you are done and are out of the contest.

We will keep this contest going through the end of the year and then start a new contest for the meat of the ACC conference season. Consider this the non-conference contest even though there will be a few conference games contested.

Post in this thread if you have any questions.

-Jason "I'm sure NYBri will win again. He's a freaking savant at this" Evans
    Jason, this contest doesn't end until Jan 7th? Are you sure you don't want to end it before the ACC season starts and then begin anew with a fresh contest for conference games? Or maybe that wasn't an option?

As always, thanks for running this contest, my friend!

Jason, this contest doesn't end until Jan 7th? Are you sure you don't want to end it before the ACC season starts and then begin anew with a fresh contest for conference games? Or maybe that wasn't an option?

As always, thanks for running this contest, my friend!
    I just put a date on it that ensured we would capture all pre-ACC season games. We will start a new one, for sure, when ACC season rolls around.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I just put a date on it that ensured we would capture all pre-ACC season games. We will start a new one, for sure, when ACC season rolls around.
    I know that UVA plays FSU on 1/5 though

Well this little slow roll to Hell is over for me. What an utterly stupid contest. What's the startup date for the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    I know that UVA plays FSU on 1/5 though
    Yup, and we will have the ACC contest started by then.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yup, and we will have the ACC contest started by then.
    Gotcha. Does that mean I can pick the UVA-FSU game for the current contest as well?

Gotcha. Does that mean I can pick the UVA-FSU game for the current contest as well?
    I will likely I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. down the current contest when we start the ACC one. One contest at a time. Make sense?

I will likely I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. down the current contest when we start the ACC one. One contest at a time. Make sense?
    Shut down. The “I” and the “U” are next to each other and created a nasty typo error when I wrote “shut.”

Shut down. The “I” and the “U” are next to each other and created a nasty typo error when I wrote “shut.”
    Yeah, right Jason . Trying to circumvent the filter again. Shameful.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Makes sense. I promise I won't ask any more questions LOL

This is shameful. I am contacting a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Since Illinois beat the spread last night, I've got 400 points to try to return to the field. So, in an attempt to get out of jail as quickly as possible, I'm not sitting around trying to roll doubles, I've put the 400 on Texas A&M +3 over Washington. Hopefully I have a one night sentence in the slammer. (and I'm impatiently looking for the line on tonight's game vs Auburn)
    Just to clean this one up, for the record, back on November 20th Washington beat Texas A&M 71-67, so I 'won' by losing with Texas A&M +3. So, I am officially out of Jason's Jail.

Coming after you Trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Coming after you Trouble!
    You got me! Congrats on moving into 1st place, GWD! It's time for me to become the hunter again.

Really, really great job by jhmoss, too. Frankly, 58% on that volume of picks is more impressive than anything I've done.

You got me! Congrats on moving into 1st place, GWD! It's time for me to become the hunter again.

Really, really great job by jhmoss, too. Frankly, 58% on that volume of picks is more impressive than anything I've done.
    Thanks Trouble but I don't know about that. I've debated increasing my bet size (I was betting irregularly earlier in the contest) but I'm really just interested in seeing what my percentage on picks would be over the course of the season. Thus, I'm sticking to $100 bets only. I'm afraid that if I start betting more, I'll be out of the contest LOL.

It's time for me to become the hunter again.
    And the hunt is over. Back in 1st!

The cream always rises, folks :-)

Thanks Trouble but I don't know about that. I've debated increasing my bet size (I was betting irregularly earlier in the contest) but I'm really just interested in seeing what my percentage on picks would be over the course of the season. Thus, I'm sticking to $100 bets only. I'm afraid that if I start betting more, I'll be out of the contest LOL.
    I completely understand, jh. If I were doing what you were doing, I'd be deathly afraid that as soon as I up my bet size, the losing streak would immediately start.

Terrific season from you, no matter what happens.

Having done so poorly in the pre-conference contest, I'm eager for the conference season contest to start.