Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    I don’t think you can grab the net on a shot. That was a goaltend.
    I feel like refs look the other way on that if the ball isn't in cylinder/on its way to basket and it clearly didn't impact the ball's trajectory. I agree with you that he hit the net though on his way up to attempt to block the shot.

I hope that if nothing else that this game reminds the casual fan just how stunningly exciting CBB can be.

Had they called either a foul or a goaltend, UCLA wins. That was a four-point swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I feel like refs look the other way on that if the ball isn't in cylinder/on its way to basket and it clearly didn't impact the ball's trajectory. I agree with you that he hit the net though on his way up to attempt to block the shot.
    That ball was still at the rim. I bet our man Jay Bills would have been all over that!
    Windy City Devil

I think... ***think*** that's only if the ball ever gets above the rim.

Don't quote me on that tho, lol.

Which play was this - the Suggs block?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Had they called either a foul or a goaltend, UCLA wins. That was a four-point swing.
    And you are right. He did hit his hand too. In addition, the nonstop moving picks really got old.

Zags gonna zags I guess...
    Windy City Devil

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    That ball was still at the rim. I bet our man Jay Bills would have been all over that!
    It’s not a shot until it leaves the shooter’s hands. So no goaltending.

I’ll add that I’m not sure Suggs was legally in-bounds when he recovered the ball after the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yeah this - it's like if you strip a guy going up for a shot and then your other hand hits the net. I think it's only a goaltend if the shot ever gets above the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Which play was this - the Suggs block?
    Yes, the play where Suggs hit Riley’s hand on the dunk and then grabbed the net...
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    If Juzang had ended regulation the way he ended the overtime, there wouldn't have been an overtime, and UCLA would be playing in the championship. Tough way to lose a tough game.
    Juzang should have pulled up for the midrange at the end of regulation.

Incredible game, historically entertaining and dramatic, loved watching this UCLA squad.

Go Baylor!

THere are 5 cases, and none of them apply:

1. Touches the ball or any part of the basket while the ball is on or within
    the basket;
    the ball was not on or within the basket at any time
    2. Touches the ball while any part of it is within the cylinder that has the
    ring as its lower base;
    The ball was never within the cylinder
    3. Reaches through the basket from below and touches the ball before it
    enters the cylinder;
    He did not reach through the basket and touch the ball. he touched the ball, but was not reeaching through the basket
    4. Pulls down a movable ring so that it contacts the ball before the ring
    returns to its original position, and
    He did not pull down the moveable ring, either directly or by pulling on the net. I'd have to check, but i don't believe the rim contacted the ball anyway, and certianly not out of it's original position.
    5. Causes the basket or backboard to vibrate when the ball is on or within
    the basket or the backboard and/or is on or in the cylinder
    he didn't cause it to vibrate.

Further, I believe the basket is officially defined as the rim.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Great shot but Duke-UK can’t be beat. I’m just glad Gordon Hayward couldn’t pull off that shot.
    That was my thought too.

Really fun game. Gives me the final I wanted. Makes up for the first one.

Just.. fun.

I want Gonzaga to go all the way Undefeated

Suggs took a lot of punishment and managed to nail that game winner. I saw the replay and Riley’s shot was blocked!

One interesting aspect of the game winner is that Gonzaga still had a TO remaining but Few elected not to take it and go fast. It was still decently defended but perhaps they got it up the court faster than they would have otherwise. Coach K would always take a TO in that situation. Clearly different philosophies on that point.

Also watched the replay of that on ESPN where they carry the Westwood One broadcast and man, the excitement there is so much more than the TV telecast. I like Nantz, Rafferty, and Grant still but they really don't make the game feel intense. I actually prefer that when Duke is playing as it makes me not as nervous but when other teams are playing, I actually like the commentators that bring the major energy to convey the intensity.

Does Mick Cronin win the Roy Williams award for saving his timeout at the end of regulation? I don’t understand why they didn’t call TO and set something up when it was clear Juzhang was struggling to get a driving lane. Oh well. I’m no UCLA fan but an 11 seed making it to the finals would have been a helluva story. Instead we get to watch a hotdog with an ugly mustache.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Somewhere Gordon Hayward weeps.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    I think Mich. ST did that to in 99.They were a physical defense.
    We may have been on the other end of this in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Does Mick Cronin win the Roy Williams award for saving his timeout at the end of regulation? I don’t understand why they didn’t call TO and set something up when it was clear Juzhang was struggling to get a driving lane. Oh well. I’m no UCLA fan but an 11 seed making it to the finals would have been a helluva story. Instead we get to watch a hotdog with an ugly mustache.
    As I noted just before you, Few took the same approach in OT. Didn't call TO when he could have. So, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.