Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If it wasn't obvious already, Duke completely ruined Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    If it wasn't obvious already, Duke completely ruined Louisville.
    Louisville was suspect before we played them. They lost to Pitt and collapsed @FSU the game before. They just won't forget that game just like we haven't forgotten the 80's win in Cameron, 1986, and 2013*.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Clemson is a pretty good team. They return most of a Sweet-16 squad, and could very reasonably beat UNC this weekend. Had they not choked at State, they would be looking fairly comfortable for a tourney bid. As is, they still can get there. Especially if they beat UNC. I wouldn’t have been shocked to see Pitt win at home, but expected the Tigers to win. They are way more talented than Pitt.
    hope clemson gets in tourney.. 17-11 now. maybe if they get to 20 wins total they are in - right now they are listed as last 4 in.

Glad Clemson is hosting the cheats because we know how the Clemson kittens play at chapel hell. GoDuke!

Wow, UNC only a -4 point favorite at Clemson. Upset alert!

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post

Saturday

[17]Florida State (9-5) (-7) hosts [35]NC State (8-7) (12:00, ESPN2)
    [176]Wake Forest (3-11) (+8) hosts [39]Syracuse (9-5) (12:00, ACCNE)
    [1]Virginia (12-2) (-20) hosts [86]Pittsburgh (2-12) (2:00, ACCNE)
    [3]Duke (12-2) (-21) hosts [68]Miami (4-10) (4:00, CBS)
    [33]Clemson (6-8) (+5) hosts [6]North Carolina (12-2) (6:00, ESPN)
    I do not expect to see movement at the top of the conference standings due to today's schedule. Duke needs to win and have Virginia and North Carolina lose but I expect all three teams will win. Carolina at Clemson is the most intriguing game of the three. Clemson needs a big win to help their NCAAT chances. Go Tigers!

Virginia Tech and Florida State are the leaders in the battle for the 4th double bye with VT being idle today while Florida State hosts N.C. State. That game is a toss up IMO as the Seminoles and Wolfpack are both schizophrenic so there is no predicting what will transpire in Tallahassee today. Vegas likes FSU -7.5.

Today is the penultimate Saturday of the regular season so it is time to kick back, enjoy and discuss ACC hoops.
    Bob Green

Apologies for going beyond the scope of the thread, but outside of Tenn/KY, this is as lackluster a Saturday as I can remember on the national scene. There are NO other matchups pitting AP top 25 teams, and only TWO (LSU@Bama & Nevada@Utah St) even have spreads within 3pts.

Fortunately, it’s usually days like this that we get some good upset activity. Either way, I’ll be watching! 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Apologies for going beyond the scope of the thread, but outside of Tenn/KY, this is as lackluster a Saturday as I can remember on the national scene. There are NO other matchups pitting AP top 25 teams, and only TWO (LSU@Bama & Nevada@Utah St) even have spreads within 3pts.

Fortunately, it’s usually days like this that we get some good upset activity. Either way, I’ll be watching! 👀
    Good day for house projects. Until 4.

Looks like Duke's favored by 16-16.5 on most Vegas lines. Is that thinking Zion plays or doesn't play? GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Looks like Duke's favored by 16-16.5 on most Vegas lines. Is that thinking Zion plays or doesn't play? GoDuke!
    That is thinking that everyone bets on Duke, especially this year. I truly think our lines are 3-4 points larger than they should be in most games due to the "the public loves Duke" factor.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Well, now you've done it...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Well, now you've done it...

-jk
    Anyone taking Clemson and the points today?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the above possibility.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Anyone taking Clemson and the points today?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the above possibility.
    There used to be this myth that Vegas oddsmakers set lines so that bettors place bets near equally on both sides. And if they don't the line moves accordingly to compensate. And that ensures the House makes money with the Vig.

Now it's widely acknowledged that just isn't true. The line is set to make money, period. So the oddsmakers know that Joe Public is going to pour money in on UNCheat with that 4 point line. Not too many people who have been watching college basketball would seriously think of betting Clemson and the points - unless they think that is a sharp bet because that is a ridiculous line (or because they know something and are sharp).

The extremely disturbing thing is that to me, this points to these game outcomes being influenced or fixed. ESPN had a very long, but fascinating article on an NBA ref who fixed games:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-fix-nba-games

They talk about how easy it is for a referee to fix or swing a basketball game if they're smart about it. Just make one call to change momentum, stop a run, call a foul or two on a key player, etc. The article talks about a cynical truth that I do believe: given the astronomical (and increasing) amount of money being wagered on sports betting, corruption is inevitable.

I really hope the Cheats get a close game tonight or lose, obviously. That would really help Duke. But cheats fans should be terrified seeing that line, IMO. If I start to feel like I'm watching more games with a predetermined outcome, I'm going to lose interest quickly. That takes all the fun out of it IMO.

I believe a higher percentage of bigger games are getting fixed or corruptly influenced than any of us would like. Just one example, but it will be interesting to see what happens tonight. And of course it doesn't prove anything either way. Of course Clemson could play well at home in a big game for them to get a signature win over the cheats. But lines like that and lots of fishy stuff going on should be a warning siren IMO. Yes referees are human and make incorrect calls with human error. But too many humans are also sadly susceptible to corruption when lots of money for them and their family is involved.

Florida St vs. NCSU is a really good game down th the wire.

And Dickie V is actually watching the game and doing really good color.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Florida St vs. NCSU is a really good game down th the wire.

And Dickie V is actually watching the game and doing really good color.
    Wow,terrible clock awareness/mgt in last minute for the Pack

Roy Williams just had another one of his near-syncopal (?) spells and had to go to the locker room.

Roy goes down with vertigo. Hate that.

I thought Roy really looked kind of out of it when he was helped off the court. Fortunate for Carolina it was very near the end of the half.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I thought Roy really looked kind of out of it when he was helped off the court. Fortunate for Carolina it was very near the end of the half.
    Same here. He basically laid out horizontal on his bench. Seems like he's had his vertigo in check of late with a minor spell now and then. That was pretty scary. I actually thought he'd had a stroke at first.

Clemson being Clemson. Should we have expected more?