Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Volleyball needs to be changed to the first team to 5, wins.

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Volleyball needs to be changed to the first team to 5, wins.
    OR moved to espn news

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    ACCN will fail if they continue to show volleyball over BB and FB. Minor sports should move to News, not the main attraction. Their present formula will make finding major TV sponsors very difficult. Why kill the golden goose?
    Couldn’t agree more! Scheduling game times then showing soccer and volleyball instead is ludicrous. That’s espn’s contribution to the new network.

Grr. Direct TV won't let me stream the game on my phone!

-jk

There is a link to a YouTube livestream link in the game thread. I am watching on Youtube now!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Grr. Direct TV won't let me stream the game on my phone!

-jk

I personally hope the ACCN fails huge. I pay quite a bit for sports programming, and the ACCN looks to add cost with no useful coverage above what I had last year. I'm not going to do it. Sucks to lose some Duke coverage, but I am not going to pay for a bunch of junk so I can see Duke BBall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    I personally hope the ACCN fails huge. I pay quite a bit for sports programming, and the ACCN looks to add cost with no useful coverage above what I had last year. I'm not going to do it. Sucks to lose some Duke coverage, but I am not going to pay for a bunch of junk so I can see Duke BBall.
    Preach. They don’t want me to watch, so I’ve found other things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    I'm thankful for the ACCN actually. ACCN being part of Youtube TV at no extra cost when going through the pain of trying to negotiate a new deal with Comcast was the push we needed. Saving a bunch of money and don't even miss the channels I thought I would.

When they asked why leaving and I mentioned they hadn't gotten ACCN yet, the rep had a tone of 'Not another one' feel to it.

I pulled the trigger and jumped from Comcast (which had been fine for years) to Verizon Fios. The ACCN feed was nice tonight.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ... I’ve found other things to do.
    Couple years ago, a lightning strike fried the flat screen. No TV, no cable, and no cable bills ever since. Cable bill $$$ donated to charity instead; more motivation to attend (live) the games I really want to see; interesting folks met in bars for games I really want to see but cannot get to.

I would say it has been one of the happiest accidents of my long and generally happy life ... but then I think of the random games I haven't heard Len Elmore call and I get sad.

So I’ve had the ACC network via Verizon Fios. Just watched the Duke - VT game on it a few days ago. Went to check it today and it now tells me I must upgrade my plan to receive it. I’m in the Philly area. Thought I was good, but I guess not...

Perhaps very good news foe Verizon Fios subscribers. ACCN and ESPN Goal Line switched channels. ACCN is now on ch 571 in the ESPN family cluster 570-574. Goal Line is now ch 829 where ACCN was located. So maybe everyone who gets ESPN will now get the ACCN, instead of just the Ultimate HD customers. This is DC Metro FIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    Perhaps very good news foe Verizon Fios subscribers. ACCN and ESPN Goal Line switched channels. ACCN is now on ch 571 in the ESPN family cluster 570-574. Goal Line is now ch 829 where ACCN was located. So maybe everyone who gets ESPN will now get the ACCN, instead of just the Ultimate HD customers. This is DC Metro FIOS.
    Great timing on your note above - ACCN showed up on my system today as channel 571. Was 829 previously as you mentioned. Yesterday I couldn’t get it - maybe due to the transition.

I joined sling just to get ACCN and Duke games. I still have comcast (ugh, if they could just get ACCN). Tonight with 58 seconds left on the clock and a 4 point game (still up in the air who would win) the feed dies. The page says something like sling is not available or something- try back later. So, i quickly switch over to ESPN just to see game tracker and the score and follow play by play. After the game i think "Chat" with Sling customer service- i wanted a credit for missing the 56 seconds. I feel like they advertise a service that includes ACCN and weren't able to deliver. Below is some gobbledegoop (keeping it clean here) that the customer rep chatted back to me. The rep said sling basically takes no accountability for what is actually broadcast. Anyone had any experience like this- this seems pretty crummy.

unknown_fc_agent_name (1/8/2020, 9:23:44 PM): I perfectly understand how you are feeling about missing a part of this game and we really would like to offer the complete content to our customers but it's somehow different since this will still be up to the channel owners or the owner of the program if they will provide the full content. Since Sling is a prepaid service we are unable to provide any kind of refund/credit.
    unknown_fc_agent_name (1/8/2020, 9:24:30 PM): We believe we have been very transparent to our customers that is why, during the sign up process, both online and over the phone or chat, we provide full disclosures saying that: "Programming fees are charged monthly in advance and no credits or refunds will be issued for partial or prepaid months after cancellation".

Very happy with my move from Comcast to Verizon Fios. The picture seems sharper, too.

-jk

I was just told that I was shown on the intro to the Duke game — did they have a montage of stuff including a guy playing guitar on the Phi Kap bench?

Mr. Student Life, 1986:

343459B9-1621-4760-85B2-18A8A731634C.jpg

(Photo by Chanticleer)

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Spectrum (Time Warner legacy) still doesn’t cover it. I haven’t had time or energy to try to switch over from
    legacy to standard Spectrum. It appears that regular Spectrum will work with my cable card for TiVo, so I may have to make the switch. My Spectrum service will never add ACCN because it’s TWC “legacy”.
    So...still on a TWC legacy plan and I just flipped past the ACC network and it was showing the Pitt game rather than telling me that the channel is not authorized. Did Spectrum back down at some point? Do any other TWC legacy customers now get ACCN? If so, how long ago did you notice it?

ETA: My TiVo recorded the soccer game on Thursday, so it's been working for at least a couple of days...
    Last edited by BlueDevil2K; 09-19-2020 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Added last sentence

up in the NE, it's on both YES and NESN. nice to have 3 sports channels that are carried up here that have nothing to show for 200 days of the year.
    1200. DDMF.

In Orlando, the game is being televised on Fox Sports Sun HD -- Channel 31 on Spectrum Cable.

I think I confused everybody...let me try again. 😀

I'm watching the Duke game on FSN (Spectrum 50/318 in Raleigh). I flipped away from the Duke game and noticed that the ACCN (388) is not blacked out like I'd seen before. I still have a legacy TWC plan, and others in this year-old thread also have/had TWC legacy plans. I'm asking if those people also now get ACCN...

Now back to the Duke game on Fox!