Page 276 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1762262662742752762772782863263767761276 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I liked the McCain Feingold (sp?) jewelry line with Cindy playing the Carol Merrill role and the pork knives.
    I enjoyed both of those as well. I can't believe they got Cindy McCain to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Glad to see others have taken up the PW'ing mantle
    This isn't just about PW'ing - we have a much larger, nobler purpose in mind. We're standing on the shoulders of giants here.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I spent WAY too much time posting! My church choir did a special service for All Saints Day last night (Morten Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna, complete with an orchestra), so that did keep me busy for a while.
    How did the All Saints Day service go? I had one of what I call my rollerskate Sundays - I did the call to worship, sang with the choir, and then moved to the balcony to toll the bell recognizing those who passed away in the last year and a chime for the births. I do need to learn the word NO.

You would probably have to wear one of each so they didn't consider them campaigning - which isn't allowed within a certain distance of a polling station.
    Guess that means I won't be wearing that Palin 2012 t-shirt from QVC...

I resemble that remark.

How did the All Saints Day service go? I had one of what I call my rollerskate Sundays - I did the call to worship, sang with the choir, and then moved to the balcony to toll the bell recognizing those who passed away in the last year and a chime for the births. I do need to learn the word NO.
    Pretty well. There was one time where I thought I was going to sneeze (at one of those nice, peaceful times), but I somehow managed to suppress it. Good thing I wasn't in the front, because it was a pretty obvious sneeze for those paying attention.

The whole choir/bell double duty thing sounds all too familiar. Are we the same person?

Although I probably shouldn't admit this, I am the proud owner of a 4 foot stuffed Snoopy Santa that I never put away last Christmas. I decided that he should be dressed for the seasons. Over the summer, he acquired a Hawaiian shirt and the Santa cap was replace with a Tour de France polka dot cap. Should I just go with fall colors until it is time to let Santa reappear or does anyone have another suggestion?

Guess that means I won't be wearing that Palin 2012 t-shirt from QVC...
    To clarify, I'm referencing the SNL skit last night. I would not purchase such a shirt. Nor would I wear it.

Pretty well. There was one time where I thought I was going to sneeze (at one of those nice, peaceful times), but I somehow managed to suppress it. Good thing I wasn't in the front, because it was a pretty obvious sneeze for those paying attention.

The whole choir/bell double duty thing sounds all too familiar. Are we the same person?
    If we are the same person, one of us is in the wrong state! At least the walk from choir to bells isn't too far usually. I do have a handbell robe but don't get to wear it very often as I usually wear the choir robe instead.

Although I probably shouldn't admit this, I am the proud owner of a 4 foot stuffed Snoopy Santa that I never put away last Christmas. I decided that he should be dressed for the seasons. Over the summer, he acquired a Hawaiian shirt and the Santa cap was replace with a Tour de France polka dot cap. Should I just go with fall colors until it is time to let Santa reappear or does anyone have another suggestion?
    Dress him up like a turkey for Thanksgiving.

Some colleagues and I once purchased pink flamingo yard ornaments for another colleague as a joke, and they also had seasonal decor. They even had mortarboards for graduation.

If we are the same person, one of us is in the wrong state! At least the walk from choir to bells isn't too far usually. I do have a handbell robe but don't get to wear it very often as I usually wear the choir robe instead.
    Fortunately our choir and handbell robes are one and the same.

Speaking of handbells, have you ever done the McChesney arrangement of "Now the Green Blade Riseth" (aka "Sing We Now of Christmas")? My last choir did that one right before I moved. It's incredibly difficult, but it sounds really cool.

To clarify, I'm referencing the SNL skit last night. I would not purchase such a shirt. Nor would I wear it.
    Is quoting yourself ok in the PW rulebook? Are you going rogue on me?

I tried to order the necklace on the right, but QVC didn't know what I was talking about.

I tried to order the necklace on the right, but QVC didn't know what I was talking about.
    No; that would be a Double Maverick.

Dress him up like a turkey for Thanksgiving.

Some colleagues and I once purchased pink flamingo yard ornaments for another colleague as a joke, and they also had seasonal decor. They even had mortarboards for graduation.
    Oh - I hadn't thought of a turkey. I'll have to start looking for that.

My sister's neighborhood has a roving band of flamingos. They appear in a yard overnight. Our youth group also bought a bunch of them and for a dollar a flamingo, they would place them in someone's yard for you. Our choir director at the time got 40.

No; that would be a Double Maverick.
    Good one, you betcha.

Oh - I hadn't thought of a turkey. I'll have to start looking for that.

My sister's neighborhood has a roving band of flamingos. They appear in a yard overnight. Our youth group also bought a bunch of them and for a dollar a flamingo, they would place them in someone's yard for you. Our choir director at the time got 40.
    Get some red felt and make a comb and beard (?). You could probably make a beak with yellow felt.

The faculty member in question lived on campus. All we had to do was decorate twice, and then others got into the fun. They migrated to the college president's house to welcome him and his family, but his wife didn't like them. We should've taken that as a great, big, neon sign. No sense of humor whatsoever.

Fortunately our choir and handbell robes are one and the same.

Speaking of handbells, have you ever done the McChesney arrangement of "Now the Green Blade Riseth" (aka "Sing We Now of Christmas")? My last choir did that one right before I moved. It's incredibly difficult, but it sounds really cool.
    Having the same robe would be way too easy - one is off white with cuffs/maroon stole and the other is maroon with no cuffs/off white stole. I stand out in one group or the other.

We have done a "Now the Green Blade Riseth" but I don't remember if it was McChesney or not. I do like his arrangements. Did you do the piece he wrote in memory of Columbine? There were handbell choirs performing it on the same Sunday across the country. There was brass involved also and I can't remember if it had organ/piano or not. I think it was on a Palm Sunday.

I also liked the McCain-Feingold Collection, and the necklace on the right was especially nice. QVC should get on that.

Yea, we're WAYYY beyond that now.

Where ya been?

Having the same robe would be way too easy - one is off white with cuffs/maroon stole and the other is maroon with no cuffs/off white stole. I stand out in one group or the other.

We have done a "Now the Green Blade Riseth" but I don't remember if it was McChesney or not. I do like his arrangements. Did you do the piece he wrote in memory of Columbine? There were handbell choirs performing it on the same Sunday across the country. There was brass involved also and I can't remember if it had organ/piano or not. I think it was on a Palm Sunday.
    If it started out with mallets, it was the McChesney arrangement. If you're interested, you can actually go to my old church's website and download the service (www.phumc.com; it was the March 30 service IIRC). The number comes about 51 minutes into the service. As with most other times that the handbell choir performed, the camera managed to catch me making a face.

I Googled "McChesney handbell Columbine" and came up with "Make Me an Instrument of thy Peace." Sounds like a cool arrangement.